• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

So many political occult communities

Gregorius

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
So i was looking to find some more occultist communities to just chat in
And most i could find were heavely politically left leaning and also mostly pagan/witchcraft only
Anyone have any idea why
(also im very thankfull that the wstaff here do a good job keeping politics out)

Rowena

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Anyone have any idea why

There are way more Pagans on the occult scene than any other group - so you'll find a lot more Pagan online & in real-life groups than anything else.

Pagans in most western countries have about a 65:35% ratio of women to men, and higher than population-average levels of education - both women & educated people are more likely to have left-leaning and/or green political & social values, with educated women being the most likely to have these values.

Women also tend to be both more socially aware, and more community-minded than men - meaning that they are more likely to form or join co-operative/supportive groups (again tending to left/green values), as opposed to men who tend to form & join competitive/restrictive groups (tending to right/elitist values).

Heathen/Norse & Satanist groups tend to reverse this, often being predominantly men, with right-wing values and lower than population-average levels of education, so if right-wing values is what you're looking for, that's where to start.

Gregorius

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
no i have a complete dont care approach to politics so i would lovea space thats jsut about learning i also find that chatrooms like this should just stay of politics and focus on learning
i dont want some gnostic lefty tell me why god is a facist and dont want some right wing guy tell me how satanists want tto make his kids gay
Post automatically merged:

There are way more Pagans on the occult scene than any other group - so you'll find a lot more Pagan online & in real-life groups than anything else.

Pagans in most western countries have about a 65:35% ratio of women to men, and higher than population-average levels of education - both women & educated people are more likely to have left-leaning and/or green political & social values, with educated women being the most likely to have these values.

Women also tend to be both more socially aware, and more community-minded than men - meaning that they are more likely to form or join co-operative/supportive groups (again tending to left/green values), as opposed to men who tend to form & join competitive/restrictive groups (tending to right/elitist values).

Heathen/Norse & Satanist groups tend to reverse this, often being predominantly men, with right-wing values and lower than population-average levels of education, so if right-wing values is what you're looking for, that's where to start.
also i forgot to mention i dont think there are a lot of right wing satanists
but maybe thats just because the satanic temples stigma of the progressive twitter satanist

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Most United States conservatives would simply be Christian.
Pagan conservatives tend to just be nationalists.

This is almost a non-question; I don't understand it.
Even the 09A eventually dropped off being anything other than Nazis, with their Satanism just an expression of Nazism.

if your put your Satanism before your Nazism, you're an interesting if misguided radical.
If you put your Nazism before your Satanism, you're a political hack.

Milton

Apprentice
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards

I believe the preceding statement is on point.
I'd also add that you're more likely to find communities on the Left Wing online simply because they're open for visitors, unlike the other side.

Individuals on the Right are more likely to be inspired by Himmlerism (or other forms of Esoteric Fascism) who wouldn't want to be identified in real life and thus using older chat platforms (IRC/XMPP) to secure their identities, which also makes them harder to come across.
They're more likely to mistrusting of strangers and thus takes a bit more time until they open up. It does not take much effort to find them in my experience (Well perhaps easier for me as I used to lurk), but you'll find your way if really want to.

Regardless, it is indeed a breath of fresh air here as politics prevent us from thinking critically in my opinion (Hivemind syndrome.)

Gregorius

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I believe the preceding statement is on point.
I'd also add that you're more likely to find communities on the Left Wing online simply because they're open for visitors, unlike the other side.

Individuals on the Right are more likely to be inspired by Himmlerism (or other forms of Esoteric Fascism) who wouldn't want to be identified in real life and thus using older chat platforms (IRC/XMPP) to secure their identities, which also makes them harder to come across.
They're more likely to mistrusting of strangers and thus takes a bit more time until they open up. It does not take much effort to find them in my experience (Well perhaps easier for me as I used to lurk), but you'll find your way if really want to.

Regardless, it is indeed a breath of fresh air here as politics prevent us from thinking critically in my opinion (Hivemind syndrome.)
Makes sense
Also i was kinda dissapointed seing other communities as this was my first interaction with other occultists
Reddit is kinda fine but it has a lot of stereotypical neopagan witches who hate christianity
4chan specifically /x/ has a lot of missinfo and you cant discuss anything even related to judeaisim on there as they will instantly melt down

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
As with most politics and religion/occultism, one tends to be a facet of the other, and it is common for groups to use one to codify the other or vice versa.
I think the whole left/right thing is a misnomer, and tends towards showing that you either want to "oppress" (either find communities which are staunch "traditionalists" and reject any who disagree) or "liberate" (provide a space for all to feel welcome, up to and not including the point you claim your desire to "oppress").

Being absolutely radicalized to the point of no return, I think it is very common for neopagans to hop aboard the "feminist" train simply for the fact their deities tend to be female, whereas those who are more "reactive" and "masculine" (i.e. satanists and people who claim to be neo-nordic) tend towards the opposite approach.

Ultimately, it's just an expression of one unto the other, and people will find reasons for either.

As I stated in my recent book review, I don't think it's possible to be "apolitical" as we have reached a point where all decisions have become innately so due to the argument being about "human rights" and "liberation". But that's just my two cents.

Also, something something Dugin something something the ice magic wars

Milton

Apprentice
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Makes sense
Also i was kinda dissapointed seing other communities as this was my first interaction with other occultists
Reddit is kinda fine but it has a lot of stereotypical neopagan witches who hate christianity
4chan specifically /x/ has a lot of missinfo and you cant discuss anything even related to judeaisim on there as they will instantly melt down
I would not assume that the theme of /x/ is Satanist in my opinion, as the crowd there is quite mixed.

I've lurked there for a few years, many just seem interested into the paranormal, without much actual knowledge on the occult. Discordianism and Chaos Magick is a common theme there. Many Christians (I don't know which sect), and few Thelemites. The Christian population is mostly interested in the conspiracy scene (UFOs, alien abductions etc..)

Those are simply my personal observations over the community there, and yes, most of them share an disdain of a particular set of people.

Gregorius

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
As with most politics and religion/occultism, one tends to be a facet of the other, and it is common for groups to use one to codify the other or vice versa.
I think the whole left/right thing is a misnomer, and tends towards showing that you either want to "oppress" (either find communities which are staunch "traditionalists" and reject any who disagree) or "liberate" (provide a space for all to feel welcome, up to and not including the point you claim your desire to "oppress").

Being absolutely radicalized to the point of no return, I think it is very common for neopagans to hop aboard the "feminist" train simply for the fact their deities tend to be female, whereas those who are more "reactive" and "masculine" (i.e. satanists and people who claim to be neo-nordic) tend towards the opposite approach.

Ultimately, it's just an expression of one unto the other, and people will find reasons for either.

As I stated in my recent book review, I don't think it's possible to be "apolitical" as we have reached a point where all decisions have become innately so due to the argument being about "human rights" and "liberation". But that's just my two cents.

Also, something something Dugin something something the ice magic wars
Tbf i have seen a lot of neosatanists worshiping lilith as a "girlboss"
Also this tendency of being very radical + often using the occult "astethic" for fashion
(
wich either means that you dont believe in it and are just using someones actual believes for fashion
or are pretty stupid because i dont think i need to explain why wearing demonic/pagan symbols is not a good idea most opf the time
)
are the reasons why i dont like most "witches"

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Most United States conservatives would simply be Christian.
Pagan conservatives tend to just be nationalists.

This is almost a non-question; I don't understand it.
Even the 09A eventually dropped off being anything other than Nazis, with their Satanism just an expression of Nazism.

if your put your Satanism before your Nazism, you're an interesting if misguided radical.
If you put your Nazism before your Satanism, you're a political hack.
You know next to nothing about O9A. Which is fine. Keeps their circles a little more sanitary.

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
You know next to nothing about O9A. Which is fine. Keeps their circles a little more sanitary.
I'm really not trying to start a political argument, but having met someone who was active in the O9A circles before finally getting out, the groups smacks of terrible cult behavior and fascism. I may be wrong (I very rarely am regarding fascist tendencies) but aren't some of the core tenets explicitly fascist*?

*I personally abhor fascism, but this isn't a statement about their morals, merely a statement of fact. Though, we should probably start a new thread detailing O9A and their failings. I have access to a few of their texts and may be willing to read some of them to debunk claims one way or the other.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I'm really not trying to start a political argument, but having met someone who was active in the O9A circles before finally getting out, the groups smacks of terrible cult behavior and fascism. I may be wrong (I very rarely am regarding fascist tendencies) but aren't some of the core tenets explicitly fascist*?

*I personally abhor fascism, but this isn't a statement about their morals, merely a statement of fact. Though, we should probably start a new thread detailing O9A and their failings. I have access to a few of their texts and may be willing to read some of them to debunk claims one way or the other.
I was talking to Jackson. He made an incorrect remark.

There is already an o9a thread, currently moribund. Go ahead and give it a bump if you opine to have aught to refute.

In any case, Nazi and fascist are scarcely the same thing.

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
There is already an o9a thread, currently moribund. Go ahead and give it a bump if you opine to have aught to refute.
I will indeed seek this out.

JGVDRG

Neophyte
Reaction score
Makes sense

I was going to say "imageboards", but you got it first.
If you actually spend an unhealthy amount of time dwelling on them, you'll find that not only your most popular imageboard hosts an immense amalgam of /x/-interested users. The fringe lore has been quite disseminated there and you would be surprised (maybe) if you knew how much their activities determines the trends and "novelties" on internet circles outside their domain. And imageboards has been politically weaponized since 2010 approximately.
Fortunately I've dropped that clusterf*ck years ago.

Mars

Apprentice
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
So i was looking to find some more occultist communities to just chat in
And most i could find were heavely politically left leaning and also mostly pagan/witchcraft only
Anyone have any idea why
(also im very thankfull that the wstaff here do a good job keeping politics out)

I'm trying my best to give wizardforums.com a right leaning flair but I don't get much help in doing so, I can feel that pain.

I would love a rightwing occult place tbh. But unlike the lefties, the right (and I mean actual right not christcuck conservatives) somehow suck at organising itself. Perhaps I will start my own.

Gregorius

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I'm trying my best to give wizardforums.com a right leaning flair but I don't get much help in doing so, I can feel that pain.

I would love a rightwing occult place tbh. But unlike the lefties, the right (and I mean actual right not christcuck conservatives) somehow suck at organising itself. Perhaps I will start my own.
problem is that will attract extremists and youll end up as an O9A clone that spamms gore in imageboards again

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards

I used to write historico-philosophical pieces for a few right-wing sites. I gave that up when it occurred to me the places were just echo chambers. That it is far better to drop one insinuating hint in front of the unconverted than it is to conduct the entire Gauleiter Glee Club in private concert.