• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Solidarity on the Path

Everyone's got one.

Romolo

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I imagine the travelers of the Occult on various positions on a Path meandering through utter darkness.
What lies ahead can only materialize by taking that step.

When we write and speak and share our findings, we reveal (indirectly, and inevitably) what we don’t know yet.
Those ahead of us on the Path will witness our struggle. They might not see ahead of them, they still remember where they came from.
But whatever they say to aid us further will be as unintelligible as the squeaking of the magpie.
Their stretched-out hands will pierce ours like holograms, or spears of moonlight.

When I realized this, my first approach was to keep silent, be humble, and to await my own growth.

However, what we can do is apply (and show) what we know by putting it into practice.
Those ahead of us will be impressed (and amused) to see the (even for them rudimentary) knowledge exemplified.
Those behind us will discover, in due time, what we have taught them, and will be forever grateful.

The Path now becomes more than a lonely endeavor, but instead a trail of dim lampposts, abandoned tents, and still-smoldering campfires.

Romolo

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
So what is your most important inner learning so far?
Good question… I keep track of my progress but find it hard to compare them in terms of importance. But recently, as illustrated in my short story above, I think a lot about secrecy, and the way silence transforms the teaching. To experience the fourth Power of the Sphinx is a powerful experience. On the other hand, the Silence poses incredible challenges to teaching and sharing knowledge. I try to see insights or important lessons as matches that can only be lit once.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Secrecy/silence is important so that others do not let energy out of your endeavor. Still, if you find others at your stage on the path or beyond, it can be useful to compare experiences and practices

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Good question… I keep track of my progress but find it hard to compare them in terms of importance. But recently, as illustrated in my short story above, I think a lot about secrecy, and the way silence transforms the teaching. To experience the fourth Power of the Sphinx is a powerful experience. On the other hand, the Silence poses incredible challenges to teaching and sharing knowledge. I try to see insights or important lessons as matches that can only be lit once.
The good news---such as it is---is that few of us really have anything really urgent and unique to share. I'm no Nazarene, but the Apostle James was right, "Let few among you be teachers, for their responsibility is far graver." Of old, it was common for true masters to have as few as one students their whole life. As in politics, the democratization of magic scarcely comes as an unmixed blessing.

Romolo

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
The good news---such as it is---is that few of us really have anything really urgent and unique to share.
”If Sun thou can’st not be, then be the humble planet. Aye, if thou art debarred from flaming like the noon-day Sun upon the snow-capped Mount of purity eternal, then choose, O Neophyte, a humbler course.
Point out the “Way” — however dimly, and lost among the host — as does the evening star to those who tread their path in darkness.”
(from “The Voice of the Silence”, H.P.Blavatsky)

Which doesn’t mean, as I also understand your point, that many so-called teachers are in fact neither Sun nor planet. But I do believe in these humble gestures, these moments where ”we” help each other along the Way.

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
”If Sun thou can’st not be, then be the humble planet. Aye, if thou art debarred from flaming like the noon-day Sun upon the snow-capped Mount of purity eternal, then choose, O Neophyte, a humbler course.
Point out the “Way” — however dimly, and lost among the host — as does the evening star to those who tread their path in darkness.”
(from “The Voice of the Silence”, H.P.Blavatsky)

Which doesn’t mean, as I also understand your point, that many so-called teachers are in fact neither Sun nor planet. But I do believe in these humble gestures, these moments where ”we” help each other along the Way.
Well, I was a bit crass there. If someone thinks he has a find, toss it out there. That's how nuggets get found.