• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Solstice this weekend

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
This month's Full Moon on the 21st / 22nd is very close to the Solstice and seems like a good occasion for some healing Magick..

The Full Moon is in the 22nd Mansion, which is associated with
healing and obtaining freedom

You can obviously interpret this as freeing yourself from the restrictions placed on you by a disease – at least in the sense of focusing on what you can do rather than on what you can not, but on another level it can be about a relationship that for some reason is being either a strain on you, or is under pressure because of a problem that the two of you are facing together.

The Angel of this Mansion is GLIAL (Geliel).

This Mansion – and the Full Moon – are in the first degrees of Capricorn. This is where the 55th Angel of the Shem rules: MBHAL (Mebahel). The powers attributed to this Angel are
consolation – help with becoming parents – morality – religion – piety

The Sun (the “star” of the Solstice..) is in the first degrees of Cancer, and this is where the 19th Angel of the Shemhamephorash resides: LVVIAH (Lavaviah).
His powers are said to be
to receive the grace of God – memory – intelligence – facing adversity

If you believe in Angels then you likely will also believe that they are always in and around us, and that they can perform their task at any time. But this particular astrological event might give your belief / intention some extra strength.

Whatever you plan to do, and whatever condition you are targeting to heal: even if you are not going to do an elaborate ritual with robes and daggers but are “only” planning to prepare and have a nice meal by yourself or with your loved one – know that the Angels and the Sun and the Moon and all the Stars are with you.

In the image I placed the Sun and Moon on the locations of Cancer and Capricorn and wrote the Names of the two Angels in the other 10 points of the star.
In the beams of the upper Hexagram are some words from the two Psalms traditionally assigned to these two. The translation is something like
I have waited for you Lord, and you are eternal
In the outer rim is an anagram of the two Angels that translates to something like
God fills my heart
And in the center of the figure is the Name Geliel in the Alphabet of the Magi

Please note: I know that others transcribe the Names of these Angels differently. That's fine. I have my reasons for how I do it.

O! And feel free to send some nice thoughts my way.

solsti.jpg

plainsight

Neophyte
Reaction score
If someone has moon in Capricorn does this full moon affect them differently ?

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Astrologers say that the moon conjunct your natal moon has a strong effect on your emotions.
Astrologers say that the moon opposite your natal moon has a strong effect on your emotions.
Astrologers say that the moon making an aspect with your natal moon has a strong effect on your emotions.
Astrologers say that no matter where the moon is it has a strong effect on your emotions 😜

The full moon (literally) reflects the light of the Sun, so what I always think of is how qualities of the solar sign are being reflected back to it by the (full) moon.
Capricorn is the goat on top of the mountain, looking down on / watching over all beneath. Cancer is the protector and defender of what is closest.

I consider the moon to be the female (or receiving) partner in the relationship - it might be worthwhile to check out which area of your life you want to focus on more, and then look up at what time the moon is in the astrological house associated with that topic. The moon - and all the planets - go through all twelve houses every day.