• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Something I came up with in LBRP

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Do the LBRP with god names intact with all the pentagrams that can be done. This could be even practiced before learning SBRP, as it gives a flow from all the elements, except that it goes through the Light. So gives a different elemental flow than invoking or banishing directly the elements with corresponding God Names. Was certainly worth trying and isn't so hard to do.

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Do the LBRP with god names intact with all the pentagrams that can be done. This could be even practiced before learning SBRP, as it gives a flow from all the elements, except that it goes through the Light. So gives a different elemental flow than invoking or banishing directly the elements with corresponding God Names. Was certainly worth trying and isn't so hard to do.
It would be better if you wrote it out a bit more in detail. 👍

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
It would be better if you wrote it out a bit more in detail. 👍
Sure.

Begin with Qabbalistic Cross

East - Do the banishment pentagram of Earth and vibrate Yod-Heh-Vav-Heh
North - Do the banishment pentagram of Earth and vibrate Adonai
West - Do the banishment pentagram of Earth and vibrate EHEIEH
North - Do the banishment pentagram of Earth and vibrate AGLA

East - Do the banishment pentagram of Water and vibrate Yod-Heh-Vav-Heh
North - Do the banishment pentagram of Water and vibrate Adonai
West - Do the banishment pentagram of Water and vibrate EHEIEH
North - Do the banishment pentagram of Water and vibrate AGLA

East - Do the banishment pentagram of Air and vibrate Yod-Heh-Vav-Heh
North - Do the banishment pentagram of Air and vibrate Adonai
West - Do the banishment pentagram of Air and vibrate EHEIEH
North - Do the banishment pentagram of Air and vibrate AGLA

East - Do the banishment pentagram of Fire and vibrate Yod-Heh-Vav-Heh
North - Do the banishment pentagram of Fire and vibrate Adonai
West - Do the banishment pentagram of Fire and vibrate EHEIEH
North - Do the banishment pentagram of Fire and vibrate AGLA

After that "Before me Raphael, Behind me Gabriel, on my right side Michael and on my left side Auriel. For around me flames the pentagrams in the column shines the 6 rayed stars" - Qabbalistic cross

**Edit note I have replaced in my own magick the name Uriel for Auriel because it denotes more what Matter really is. With Ain Soph Aur and so forth.

Last edited:

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Nice. I always pronounce it Auriel as well.

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Nice. I always pronounce it Auriel as well.
Yeah I always pronounced it Uriel but it doesn't denote that Matter is frozen Light, as well as Auriel. Being the Arch Angel of Earth I think it's needed.

Btw I haven't yet tried the invocation version of this but could be as heavenly as the SIRP :)

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
After that "Before me Raphael, Behind me Gabriel, on my right side Michael and on my left side Auriel.

I have "Before me Uriel, behind me Raphael, to the right of me Michael, to the left of me Gabriel", the latter two mainly because of this book:

Makes more sense to me because according to the QC, the right side is Geburah, and of all four archangels Michael is most suitable here for me; whenever I touch my right shoulder, I imagine myself to be a boxer (orthodox stance), so that's where my power punch, the straight right, would come from. The left hand is for parrying/blocking, so that would be the water element for me ("Be water, my friend"). Weird, that boxing analogy, I know.

I think argueing about directions or words is pointless, however; there must be as many versions as there are magicians. 'Piercing' the pentagrams or rather making the Sign of the Enterer? Should I perform the Sign of Silence when stepping back? We had a post once about the visualizations alone... Hardly anybody would change anything in their LBRP anyway because the version of the ritual you're accustomed to is so ingrained. It took me months to switch from the QC's "Athe" to "Atho" and then to "Atha" because some Israli guy on Reddit insisted that this was the correct version.

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I think argueing about directions or words is pointless, however; there must be as many versions as there are magicians. 'Piercing' the pentagrams or rather making the Sign of the Enterer? Should I perform the Sign of Silence when stepping back? We had a post once about the visualizations alone... Hardly anybody would change anything in their LBRP anyway because the version of the ritual you're accustomed to is so ingrained. It took me months to switch from the QC's "Athe" to "Atho" and then to "Atha" because some Israli guy on Reddit insisted that this was the correct version.

I never visualize anything, I just go with the flow of emotions or water and in this I make the magickal operation clear with whatever comes into my Sphere of Sensation. Which is a different way.