• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Specific reasons for Declined requests

Aeternus

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Hello, dear WF team.

As I saw the Book Requests forum, I saw a declined request. The idea is that it was about a book that the O.P. didn't know it was already posted.

Now, I was thinking that besides the tag of "Declined Request" which is very helpful, to specify more reasons for a declined request.

For example, if a book is already posted here but someone makes a request for the already posted book, the thread should have the "Declined Request" tag and then the reason specified as follows: "Book already posted".

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
"Declined Requests" just means "You all can stop searching for that book", the exact reason for adding that tag is secondary - it might be a rule violation or because a book had already been posted (in the latter case, sometimes "Fulfilled Request" had been used in the past, I have to confess that we were not always consistent there). Anyway, anyone really interested in why a specific request was declined can always open the thread in question and look for an answer there but I don't think that this is really such an important piece of information that would have to be detailed by means of a new tag or a subtitle to an existing one.

Aeternus

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
"Declined Requests" just means "You all can stop searching for that book", the exact reason for adding that tag is secondary - it might be a rule violation or because a book had already been posted (in the latter case, sometimes "Fulfilled Request" had been used in the past, I have to confess that we were not always consistent there). Anyway, anyone really interested in why a specific request was declined can always open the thread in question and look for an answer there but I don't think that this is really such an important piece of information that would have to be detailed by means of a new tag or a subtitle to an existing one.
Thanks for clarification :)

I think it's very reasonable that one can open the topic in question and ask answers. Though, thinking about this, I was asking for the tag reason to be more specific as this would prevent the bumping of threads that are in the "Declined Request" tag.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Usually if someone declines a request, they will post the reason why. It shouldn’t require a bump to figure out why it was declined. Having too many prefixes can get hectic for administration and moderation, but if I see it becoming a problem I’ll consider adding prefixes with mini-reasons.