• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Spirit Keeping??

Everyone's got one.

Malvo

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

So, spirit keeping... Have you guys heard of it??

I first heard of this spirit keeping thing, in mid 2000´s and i always thought of it as wierd... I mean people buy spirits in vessels, and they are your "pals" and want to be friends with you... Things like Hags, Dragons, Werewolves, Djinn, Succubi??

Not that spirits do not desire contact, but allow themselfs to be "binded" to objects?

I was just wondering what you guys things of it, what is your general opinion of such a thing. Wierd fad, real, scheme??

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Spirits, being non-physical are quite hard to keep in a physical object against their inclination.

There are however objects and physical systems that are quite attractive to some spirits. For example, more refined/reliable automobiles usually have a nature spirit anchored in the combustion chambers - as long as the head is in place.

Elementals, by definition, are closely connected to substances including dense physical.

Parasitic entities typically are controlled by a hierarchy of supervisors - often quite nasty. Accordingly the fearful parasitic entity may be confined in an unnatural context, awaiting access to its designated target.

The list of entities you gave, tend to be parasitic

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Like Aladin, yes. We used bottles with riddles and stuff inside as traps. Of course it's more fun to make them than there is any use. We had one junkie who sniffed them, lol. And a wicca sold them on ebay 😂

Noth

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Most are scams, especially those who would sell you a spirit with no questions asked.

I know of more than a few occasions of magicians "haunting" a ring/necklace/what have you with an egregore (or worse) designed to harm or shake up those who buy their goods. Their justification is that those who buy into this spirit keeping are really only looking for a spooky experience, so they would be getting a lesson to go with it.

That's not to say that receiving spirits from legit magicians is uncommon, its just only done between parties who can trust one another with the spirit in question. In a case like this, I'd expect to have a couple of conversations with the person I'm buying a spirit from, there is a lot I'd need to know. I'd also have to trust the other person which would include physically meeting, or knowing them for a decade or so.

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
spirit keeping
It's nothing new. A lot of eastern traditions practice it. For example Hindus keep statues of their deities in small altars and feed them candy and stuff.

Necromancy is a similar practice.

Hags, Dragons, Werewolves, Djinn, Succub
Some of it's fantasy but it's not impossible. Thoughforms can take any shape you want. And you can most definitely bind them to any object of your choosing.

Also right hand path systems such as the Goetia binds demons and djinn to something like an urn or pot.

For the most part it's a scam just like a lot those people who do rituals for hire. I just think it's something you're better off doing yourself.

Malvo

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
It's nothing new. A lot of eastern traditions practice it. For example Hindus keep statues of their deities in small altars and feed them candy and stuff.

Necromancy is a similar practice.

Some of it's fantasy but it's not impossible. Thoughforms can take any shape you want. And you can most definitely bind them to any object of your choosing.

Also right hand path systems such as the Goetia binds demons and djinn to something like an urn or pot.

For the most part it's a scam just like a lot those people who do rituals for hire. I just think it's something you're better off doing yourself.
Yeah i always thought as much. People claim alot on those places, that their Hellhound is "cute" and their new Psy vampire is a great adition to their "collection".

I mean "hey i got this entity that can harm you and only cost me 100 bucks"... it's wierd.

Got nothing against people that are into it, and make a living with that, but seems just wrong.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Hello everyone.

So, spirit keeping... Have you guys heard of it??

I first heard of this spirit keeping thing, in mid 2000´s and i always thought of it as wierd... I mean people buy spirits in vessels, and they are your "pals" and want to be friends with you... Things like Hags, Dragons, Werewolves, Djinn, Succubi??

Not that spirits do not desire contact, but allow themselfs to be "binded" to objects?

I was just wondering what you guys things of it, what is your general opinion of such a thing. Wierd fad, real, scheme??
Nope, 100% fake. I believe I had a thread on spirit keeping on the old version of wizard forums as well as a few other forums. I joined up on THAT ONE PARTICULAR SPIRIT KEEPING FORUM (same username) and started investigating. Concluded that no one on that site practiced any legitimate form of Occultism, Esotericism or Mysticism let alone was conjuring vampires, elves, dragons and zombies and putting them in necklaces and bracelets for sale at hundreds of dollars. It's was and still is a scam.

If you want to look into seating/ensouling spirits into vessels look into occult fetishism and idolism.