• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

statistical holiness

Jackson

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
The state of Texas has the highest rates of STDs and some of the highest rates of teen pregnancy in the United States.

I do not. Am I a saint?

Robert Ramsay

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
The state of Texas has the highest rates of STDs and some of the highest rates of teen pregnancy in the United States.

I do not. Am I a saint?
If all you needed was to wear a condom, there would be loads of saints.

Jackson

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
What if you didn't wear a condom? Wouldn't that be a miracle?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards

I do not. Am I a saint?
What's your source? The list I googled up doesn't have Texas in the top 10 for STD's as of January '24. (US News & World Report & datapandas.org) Though datapandas.org has the Lone Star State at #9 for preggo teens.

In any case, you're no St. Agnes. In fact, you are actually a drag on Texas' ranking. Get out there bareback and contribute! I lived some years in Texas and the state always went nuts when the 'Horns were #1 in something. I knew a doctor who carefully explained to me back when AIDS was the trendy terror. "That damn Yankee* AIDS can't be cured; but Texas AIDS? Texas AIDS is guddzammed INVINCIBLE!"**

(*Written as one word, "Damnyankee" south of the Mason-Dixon Line.)
(** based on a true story, like Hollywood says. Based loosely on a quicksand foundation, maybe.)
Post automatically merged:

Sounds more like the Russian Roulette of STD's...
I think they cut that scene from "Deer Hunter." The world wasn't ready for De Niro and his Vietnamese captors...you know...