• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

"Step outside of yourself"

Reaction score
Awards
What are the mundane and magical meanings of this phrase?

To me, the mundane means to view the context from another pair of shoes.
Magically, to me it means astral travel. In this case, m how does one protect themselves from a takeover (possession), or from hostile attackers?

ryen

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Beforehand, invoke your spiritual guides and protectors. And I forget where I read this from but another technique is to essentially create an egg of psychic protection around yourself before. It might’ve been in Dion Fortunes “Psychic Defense”. The shell of the egg should be visualized to be iridescent, like motor oil in water, and hazy. Also very strong. Things like mental and spiritual fortitude should go without saying. Using those steps, even though I’ve had hostile entities approach and try to attack, they never get passed.

I guess another important factor is the method you use for astral travel. I personally use one where I climb a long set of stairs and when I reach the top, I open a golden door as I say some phrases and bam, I’m in the astral. That door gives me something to close in case things go south.

Reaction score
Awards
Beforehand, invoke your spiritual guides and protectors. And I forget where I read this from but another technique is to essentially create an egg of psychic protection around yourself before. It might’ve been in Dion Fortunes “Psychic Defense”. The shell of the egg should be visualized to be iridescent, like motor oil in water, and hazy. Also very strong. Things like mental and spiritual fortitude should go without saying. Using those steps, even though I’ve had hostile entities approach and try to attack, they never get passed.

I guess another important factor is the method you use for astral travel. I personally use one where I climb a long set of stairs and when I reach the top, I open a golden door as I say some phrases and bam, I’m in the astral. That door gives me something to close in case things go south.
Great info, thank you.