• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Stepping out of my comfort zone

akenu

Neophyte
Reaction score
So, after over a decade of avoiding this, I have finally decided to learn the Theban alphabet. I never liked that all the letters look so similar to one another. But look, I did learn the alphabet of the magi, I did learn the Armanen runes, I did learn the Enochian alphabet and I did partially learn Hebrew.

So, it took me 3 bloody days, but I am finally there. I must admit, the Theban alphabet does look beautiful. Here is a SATOR square as an example:

AVvXsEghVJa9QtTEQo7R2TpA6yXjPb_WvqeQWplek60RLgaiSaQg-_0CFFl3-6mQqC0MH7dK4-BZlHHOEj2A7YQ2nGjCSkKeIONSegV5OTlGy25RjoTDbBUU8wQLPh39_3kbJlgraeAHlf6J9_-of5QPnsI6quEbawUvwrF-RgYdKNEWvshvJTnm3iL0ATbrNQ

Reaction score
Awards
Very nice work! By the way, I hope you dont mind that I referenced you and the Sacred Chamber in the Wayfarer post.

Reaction score
Awards
That is so cool. I always gaed and drooled at the chart of languages in several old magic texts. Especially that language, that would be difficult for me to draw legibly. Im still re learning Hebrew atm, but want to get Greek down as well, before studying languages used for non esoteric purposes that have esoteric qualities.

akenu

Neophyte
Reaction score
That is so cool. I always gaed and drooled at the chart of languages in several old magic texts. Especially that language, that would be difficult for me to draw legibly. Im still re learning Hebrew atm, but want to get Greek down as well, before studying languages used for non esoteric purposes that have esoteric qualities.

You and me both. I am currently stuck on Sumerian, that language is a nightmare. Different glyphs are read differently, for example, if you combine SI and A, do you know how that is pronounced? DIRI! :ROFLMAO: Cuneiform started developing around the Neolithic period and was actively used since the bronze age. That's a huge time period that brought a lot of changes and exceptions. Honestly, kudos to any archeologist/historian who knows how to orient in this.

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, I look up to my archaeologist Grandfather (was also later Chair of Near East Studies at the University of Michigan Ann Arbor), he knew at least five languages. He was also a High School history teacher.
I have a couple books, some of which reference material you mentioned, let me know if I can help. The titles of the books are They Wrote on Clay and Michigan Oriental Studies (a tribute to my Grandfather, his dissertation was the History of Ancient Persia).