• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Stopping heavy rain(urgent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregorius

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
i need any ritual with next to no prep since i have a very important apointment but there is a big arse storm outside and i dont have a car

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Even if I was going to bother my associate, it's three in the morning on the east coast. I suggest you put on a coat.

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I had a go - did it work?
you must be superman. my associate is incredible.
but even he can't directly act on the environment no picture no clue where the fuck you are

urgent. please clear up storm. location: "big ass storm outside"

and people wonder why I am incredulous about noobs. Yeah sure, I'm not that great, and everyone starts somewhere.

But where?

Robert Ramsay

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Did work many thanks
Although I am curious how you went about it if you don't mind sharing
Thirty years of research into explaining magic through science have led me to an actual theory of how magic works. Obviously, it's not complete yet, but it has given me insights into the process, including some of the things that are necessary, and why they are necessary.

Two important insights that are relevant here:

1) you don't change the universe, you end up in the version of the universe where the change has occurred. This allows (amongst other things) retroactive magic. You posted your request for help at 7:21 (my time) and I didn't answer you until 9:06, almost two hours later. Surely that would be too late? Which brings us to:
2) Magical success depends on ignorance. Obviously I don't mean how stupid a person is :D What I mean is that things you don't know about are still in flux. When you cast the spell, you have not yet experienced any of the outcomes. Success is helped by 1) maximising number of possible successful outcomes by using a good intent, and 2) knowing as little as possible about how those successful outcomes might occur.

All I know about you is basically your username and a few of your posts.

Weather can be quite good for this kind of thing, as it is quite sensitive to initial conditions.

So in terms of what I actually did, I basically spontaneously convinced myself I could help you with your storm problem, dashed off the one line email whilst the feeling of success was still in my mind, and then left it alone.

In terms of theory, I ended up in a result set where I had been successful. There are, of course, other timelines where it did not work, and @Jackson (quite rightly) is continuing to point and laugh at me :D
Post automatically merged:

you must be superman.
@SkullTraill , can I have a Superman badge? :D :D :D

Last edited:

Xenophon

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Did work many thanks
Although I am curious how you went about it if you don't mind sharing
We had heavy rain here yesterday afternoon. It stopped within half an hour. Really heavy rain generally does. Without magick. Just wind.

Thirty years of research into explaining magic through science have led me to an actual theory of how magic works. Obviously, it's not complete yet, but it has given me insights into the process, including some of the things that are necessary, and why they are necessary.

Two important insights that are relevant here:

1) you don't change the universe, you end up in the version of the universe where the change has occurred. This allows (amongst other things) retroactive magic. You posted your request for help at 7:21 (my time) and I didn't answer you until 9:06, almost two hours later. Surely that would be too late? Which brings us to:
2) Magical success depends on ignorance. Obviously I don't mean how stupid a person is :D What I mean is that things you don't know about are still in flux. When you cast the spell, you have not yet experienced any of the outcomes. Success is helped by 1) maximising number of possible successful outcomes by using a good intent, and 2) knowing as little as possible about how those successful outcomes might occur.

All I know about you is basically your username and a few of your posts.

Weather can be quite good for this kind of thing, as it is quite sensitive to initial conditions.

So in terms of what I actually did, I basically spontaneously convinced myself I could help you with your storm problem, dashed off the one line email whilst the feeling of success was still in my mind, and then left it alone.

In terms of theory, I ended up in a result set where I had been successful. There are, of course, other timelines where it did not work, and @Jackson (quite rightly) is continuing to point and laugh at me :D

@SkullTraill , can I have a Superman badge? :D :D :D
War in Gaza and you waste your time on rain storms. Strange priorities, strange indeed...

Last edited:

Romolo

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
i need any ritual with next to no prep since i have a very important apointment but there is a big arse storm outside and i dont have a car

Ever since I joined this forum, this ranks amongst the worst things I have read. It’s just cringe. What a waste of words.

Robert Ramsay

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
We had heavy rain here yesterday afternoon. It stopped within half an hour. Really heavy rain generally does. Without magick. Just wind.

War in Gaza and you waste your time on rain storms. Strange priorities, strange indeed...
Rain storms easy. War in Gaza hard. And you know one should never discuss ongoing work until it completes.

Anziel_Merkaba

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
His goals are beyond your understanding.

I care more about the weather than some far away conflict in some godforsaken (okay maybe not forsaken by god, because Israel) sandbox, not to get political or anything.

And honestly, my attempts to change the weather are fairly hit-or-miss, but that's more because I never really put any serious effort into doing it. Just commanding the weather to change only works about a third of the time, but it works often enough that I can't say that I'm not able to do it. Really it just isn't worth my time usually since I can just put on my cloak if it's raining or unbutton my shirt and drink some water if it's hot.

Xenophon

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
His goals are beyond your understanding.

I care more about the weather than some far away conflict in some godforsaken (okay maybe not forsaken by god, because Israel) sandbox, not to get political or anything.

And honestly, my attempts to change the weather are fairly hit-or-miss, but that's more because I never really put any serious effort into doing it. Just commanding the weather to change only works about a third of the time, but it works often enough that I can't say that I'm not able to do it. Really it just isn't worth my time usually since I can just put on my cloak if it's raining or unbutton my shirt and drink some water if it's hot.
I like the old Zen saying, "When it rains, get wet." I even refuse to use an umbrella, just don my boonie hat. I would rather be wet than be the sort of creature that cringes at clouds. One tells a lot about folks by the gadgets they buy; the spells they attempt.

Anziel_Merkaba

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I like the old Zen saying, "When it rains, get wet." I even refuse to use an umbrella, just don my boonie hat. I would rather be wet than be the sort of creature that cringes at clouds. One tells a lot about folks by the gadgets they buy; the spells they attempt.
I either chuck on one of my cloaks or stay indoors. Umbrellas suck for keeping dry in the rain. I mean they work when it's a light drizzle, but anything heavier or if it's windy and they just don't work very well. Cloaks are the superior weather protection.

Also for the weather, how do you know that someone else didn't do a working to cause it to storm?

Status
Not open for further replies.