• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Structuring energy Ito something magically useful, and other tricks of Egypt Magi

Someone's asking for help!
Reaction score
Awards
How did they do what they did? Who taught them? And how can we do the same?
I think this is the answer to many amateurs or non magicians who come here burnt by someone and seeking curses, and all things Hollywood magical.
I myself would settle for a broom sweeping itself in my room, but as Disney pointed out (speaking of Hollywood), can be problematic.
So how do beginners do what Egyptian magi were doing? Or the Mesopotamians?

Reaction score
Awards
We know that Mesopotamians were the first to work with planets, and that they had trade routes with Egypt and other lands, we know that Egyptians used sacred architecture and incantations, energy structuring, glamour, and other works. Masters of alchemy. Use of vowel sounds to affect change.

Al-Zalaam

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
How did they do what they did? Who taught them? And how can we do the same?
I think this is the answer to many amateurs or non magicians who come here burnt by someone and seeking curses, and all things Hollywood magical.
I myself would settle for a broom sweeping itself in my room, but as Disney pointed out (speaking of Hollywood), can be problematic.
So how do beginners do what Egyptian magi were doing? Or the Mesopotamians?
A key part of what you wrote here is "how do beginners do what Egyptian Magi were doing?"
The reality is that they can't - beginners cannot replicate the capabilities of these magi, not anymore than an amateur skateboarder can replicate Tony Hawk.
The Magi you are referring to in this case are essentially the professionals, and that requires abilities beyond what a novice is capable of.

But of course, there are clues that can lead the way for a novice to bring themselves up to that level eventually.

One of the first keys to understanding the capabilities of magic, is understanding the structure of magical operations and how energy travels.
The beginning of any magical operation starts in the most subtle mental sphere, because magic is fundamentally the use of mental power to achieve a desired outcome.
And because the root of magic lies in the mental sphere, the mental sphere is the first and easiest sphere to influence.
So before a novice decides to pursue miraculous feats like levitating or cursing objects or etc., he must first ask himself, has he first mastered the spheres which come before the physical?
Chasing after such impressive powers right out the gate is like jumping into the deep end of the pool before you have even learned to swim in the shallows.

So before a novice directs his eyes towards such lofty feats, he must first master the prerequisites which come before it.
In this case, he must first master magic on the mental sphere, meaning he must be consistently capable of influencing things mentally (and also have his own mind mastered to begin with).

If he has attained a degree of proficiency in this area, then he may begin looking forward to the next stage - the Astral sphere.
The sphere in-between the Mental and the Physical, it is the threshold between physical and non-physical magic. Most practitioners get stuck here.
It is certainly a more difficult sphere to influence than the Mental and its effects can be quite tangible, but it is far away from the difficulty of affecting the Physical and does not posses the same degree of tangibility as the latter.
But if the student is diligent enough and masters magic on the Astral sphere, then he may finally begin experimenting with magic on the Physical sphere.
The Physical sphere is the farthest and most dense sphere of existence in the perspective of magic, and the energy requirements to cause an effect upon it is phenomenal compared to the other spheres.
A person can easily spend their entire life mastering physical magic, if ever.

But those like the Egyptian Magi were indeed devoted practitioners who spent their lives honing their work, so it is not too surprising they were capable of such things.
On the other hand, most modern practitioners have difficulty spending more than 15-30 minutes a day for practice on a consistent basis.

So as an old magician I used to know sometimes said, if you aren't spending at least an hour or more a day practicing, it is best if you leave your dreams of hollywood magic in a grave.

Though to be fair, there are other reasons modern practitioners struggle with such things.
The dawn of modern technology where information is so easy to spit out and amass, combined with naive New-Age movements who are jumping into old traditions and tearing them into scratch while spreading their own watered-down versions of such things, has created an age of occultism where there is simply too much information and too much of it isn't worth its weight.

On one hand, occultism has become more accessible than ever and there are more people actively involved in it than before, but on the other hand, now there are simply lots of occultists running around where no one seems to know exactly what they're doing because good information is buried beneath piles of fluff.
It also seems like the attitude has changed, where everyone is eager to read everything or debate on end, but no one is eager to practice.

Honestly I would have hated to grow up as an occultist in this particular period, there's too much material to choose from, too much of it is of questionable value, and everyone seems confused.😂
Perhaps in time, this influx of information and practitioners will eventually mature and filter out into a more organized and coherent era of magic that rivals anything that has come before, but only time will tell.

Reaction score
Awards
Exactly. Before Israel was even a state, several civilizations were flourishing. Hurrians, Hittites, Egypt and Mesopotamian, not to mention the Americas and Celts and Romans.
Post automatically merged:

A key part of what you wrote here is "how do beginners do what Egyptian Magi were doing?"
The reality is that they can't - beginners cannot replicate the capabilities of these magi, not anymore than an amateur skateboarder can replicate Tony Hawk.
The Magi you are referring to in this case are essentially the professionals, and that requires abilities beyond what a novice is capable of.

But of course, there are clues that can lead the way for a novice to bring themselves up to that level eventually.

One of the first keys to understanding the capabilities of magic, is understanding the structure of magical operations and how energy travels.
The beginning of any magical operation starts in the most subtle mental sphere, because magic is fundamentally the use of mental power to achieve a desired outcome.
And because the root of magic lies in the mental sphere, the mental sphere is the first and easiest sphere to influence.
So before a novice decides to pursue miraculous feats like levitating or cursing objects or etc., he must first ask himself, has he first mastered the spheres which come before the physical?
Chasing after such impressive powers right out the gate is like jumping into the deep end of the pool before you have even learned to swim in the shallows.

So before a novice directs his eyes towards such lofty feats, he must first master the prerequisites which come before it.
In this case, he must first master magic on the mental sphere, meaning he must be consistently capable of influencing things mentally (and also have his own mind mastered to begin with).

If he has attained a degree of proficiency in this area, then he may begin looking forward to the next stage - the Astral sphere.
The sphere in-between the Mental and the Physical, it is the threshold between physical and non-physical magic. Most practitioners get stuck here.
It is certainly a more difficult sphere to influence than the Mental and its effects can be quite tangible, but it is far away from the difficulty of affecting the Physical and does not posses the same degree of tangibility as the latter.
But if the student is diligent enough and masters magic on the Astral sphere, then he may finally begin experimenting with magic on the Physical sphere.
The Physical sphere is the farthest and most dense sphere of existence in the perspective of magic, and the energy requirements to cause an effect upon it is phenomenal compared to the other spheres.

But those like the Egyptian Magi were indeed devoted practitioners who spent their lives honing their work, so it is not too surprising they were capable of such things.
On the other hand, most modern practitioners have difficulty spending more than 15-30 minutes a day for practice on a consistent basis.

So as an old magician I used to know sometimes said, if you aren't spending at least an hour or more a day practicing, it is best if you leave your dreams of hollywood magic in a grave.

Though to be fair, there are other reasons modern practitioners struggle with such things.
The dawn of modern technology where information is so easy to spit out and amass, combined with naive New-Age movements who are jumping into old traditions and tearing them into scratch while spreading their own watered-down versions of such things, has created an age of occultism where there is simply too much information and too much of it isn't worth its weight.

On one hand, occultism has become more accessible than ever and there are more people actively involved in it than before, but on the other hand, now there are simply lots of occultists running around where no one seems to know exactly what they're doing because good information is buried beneath piles of fluff.
It also seems like the attitude has changed, where everyone is eager to read everything or debate on end, but no one is eager to practice.

Honestly I would have hated to grow up as an occultist in this particular period, there's too much material to choose from, too much of it is of questionable value, and everyone seems confused.😂
Perhaps in time, this influx of information and practitioners will eventually mature and filter out into a more organized and coherent era of magic that rivals anything that has come before, but only time will tell.
Thank you for this. Much to read and think on.

So mental magic, astral magic, physical magic.

Last edited:

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Warned: Off-topic.
sorry for bumping in, but @Heydi : would you be so kind and write an introduction, so we get to know you a bit. you only posted 2 posts and you seem quite knowledgeable, but (and sorry up front) your name rings of the alps and waving and therefor milka. milka is a sweet, purple wrapped chocolate candy bar and i dont think you are ;) . so all sorts of subconscious stupid reasons, but well im not going to talk to a candybar in my dreams 🤙 💕;)

sincerely,
Lou

PS: how and what did the egyptians do? read the hieroglyphs....

Reaction score
Awards
Great point. Im reading Tree of Life and Sacred Magic of Ancient Egypt, as well as Mystical Qabalah as side reading .... hieroglyphs do a lot.

Reaction score
Awards
As Ive pointed out elsewhere, sound was critical, as was esoteric architecture, when doing their daily rites. Sound and Hearing are two of the Seven Cosmic Powers (five senses, ESP and Spirit), therefore it goes to figure that it was an important point. Sound creates waves but cannot exist in a vacuum, and can pass through solid gas or liquid. So, their architecture was designed to bounce and reverberate their sound, much like an echo chamber but with reverb. In order to speak or hear, kinetic energy must be used. To move likewise.
Per the Bngles, to Walk Like an Egyptian was not only to generate kinetic energy, but how to move and direct it by gesture and movement.

Last edited:

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Sound and Hearing are two of the Seven Cosmic Powers (five senses, ESP and Spirit)

Five senses might be too limited. Some Hindu accounts include 10 senses.

Even that seems insufficient to me. I rather like:

• sense of direction
  • sense of justice
  • sense of dread
  • sense of joy
  • sense of purpose
  • smell a lie
  • sounds true
  • etc

Such non-physical senses exist on the various subplanes of each plane of existence.

Jiggywiggy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Oh Egyptian magic is way cooler than just visionary magic. I watched this documentary where they discovered hieroglyphs talking about a star gate. I'd love to have one of those in my living room.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
50 years after Star Trek introduced concepts they appear in an international agreement - the Artemis Accords on the NASA website.

Such is the speed of Earth humanity's learning

Reaction score
Awards

Meditation and talking too much is my bane. I used to overpost because I was afraid that the site might slowly go into obscurity, but was wrong. We all have our own jobs or other activities, and probably unlike the silent ones ... I realized I was doing jack except for the occasional LBRP and MPR and the occasional candle ritual. So, wish I listened to others 30 years ago on meditation. I guess that's my start, along with breathing and use of qi gong.

I will meditate, work on energy cultivation and retention. And more meditation.

The Neophyte signs might be fair to play with, especially combined with a Middle Pillar Ritual and Sacred Chamber. Perhaps really get into the Egyptian Cosmology and Theurgy. Perhaps really master the LRP. Meditation first however.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awards
i find talismans very powerful, but then i make them with cult like mind control, even a simple branch of rosemary can be used to drive off evil people, just focus its conscious energy on your target, that is to say you must communicate with the talisman through the consciousness and make it understand your intention, rosemary already being predisposed to the job means she is eager to do my work

Reaction score
Awards
sorry for bumping in, but @Heydi : would you be so kind and write an introduction, so we get to know you a bit. you only posted 2 posts and you seem quite knowledgeable, but (and sorry up front) your name rings of the alps and waving and therefor milka. milka is a sweet, purple wrapped chocolate candy bar and i dont think you are ;) . so all sorts of subconscious stupid reasons, but well im not going to talk to a candybar in my dreams 🤙 💕;)

sincerely,
Lou

PS: how and what did the egyptians do? read the hieroglyphs....
Funnily enough ... Came across the pyramid texts, and delving into hieroglyphs.

I don't understand energy work at all, except for the vague feeling of light through visualization, and use of the Neophyte signs used to push energy from above, down below.