• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Struggle guacamole

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Ingredients:
4 teaspoons of garlic powder
2 teaspoons kosher salt
A third of a chopped onion
2 Avocados
A sprinkle of popcorn seasoning (as much as feels right)
2 teaspoons of black pepper
1 tablespoon of olive oil

Instructions:
Mash avocados in a bowl and add the olive oil as you do so.
Then add the the rest of the ingredients and stir until thoroughly mixed.

The flavor of the guac should be a lot and it should make your breath smell horrendous afterwards but it's worth it because it's really good if you are low on money in my opinion.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Interesting wrinkle, the popcorn seasoning. I introduced my wife to the stuff a few weeks ago, but screwed up and put in too much lemon juice (which you, perhaps wisely, omit.)

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Interesting wrinkle, the popcorn seasoning. I introduced my wife to the stuff a few weeks ago, but screwed up and put in too much lemon juice (which you, perhaps wisely, omit.)
Yes, measuring has never been my strong suit so I left out the hardest thing to measure 😆

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Yes, measuring has never been my strong suit so I left out the hardest thing to measure 😆
There are those (a few) who add a shot of tequila for every 6 avacados. Come to think of it, I knew one guy. A transplanted New Yorker there in Texas. Come to think some more, he added a shot of tequila to just about everything he did. Often with measuring problems.

Personally, I add chopped tomato to guacamole, but that's mostly for color.

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
There are those (a few) who add a shot of tequila for every 6 avacados. Come to think of it, I knew one guy. A transplanted New Yorker there in Texas. Come to think some more, he added a shot of tequila to just about everything he did. Often with measuring problems.

Personally, I add chopped tomato to guacamole, but that's mostly for color.
I don't get people who only eat food because it looks appetizing lmao. It should be appetizing by the way it tastes. Not looks

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I don't get people who only eat food because it looks appetizing lmao. It should be appetizing by the way it tastes. Not looks
If I didn't care about taste, I'd swap out the tomatoes for bits of broken red crayon or perhaps plastic. Both maintain color better than perishable tomato.

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
If I didn't care about taste, I'd swap out the tomatoes for bits of broken red crayon or perhaps plastic. Both maintain color better than perishable tomato.
Beef jerky bits could work if you are feeling like a redneck

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Beef jerky bits could work if you are feeling like a redneck
Bits of beef jerky hidden in food are like shrapnel in the mouth. The Geneva Convention bans jerky bits in guacamole, I am pretty sure. One mishap with a jerky shard and the red in the guacamole will be blood...human blood. The sort of thing Crowley would serve at one of his Celafu "Beast Bashes."

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Bits of beef jerky hidden in food are like shrapnel in the mouth. The Geneva Convention bans jerky bits in guacamole, I am pretty sure. One mishap with a jerky shard and the red in the guacamole will be blood...human blood. The sort of thing Crowley would serve at one of his Celafu "Beast Bashes."
Okay fair enough. 😆

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
No reply, I'm working up a recipe for Halloween. "Unholy Guacamole," so beauty-full 'n tasty it'll make your eyes and tongue both bleed

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
no, that was not it at all :D
Hey, you know "heads up" instrument panels? Like in planes, the pilot can read his gauges and keep his eyes on the windscreen? It'd seem with modern optics and technology, one could develop "Gourmet Goggles." The intense gourmet display you see is laid over the slop I cooked. A win-win, I'm thinking. In the bowl black, lumpy (but tasty) guacamole that looks like it belongs in a baby's diaper; in your goggles' visual field, whatever images I can pirate from Martha Stewart on her very bestest vintage Cinco del Mayo feast.

Robert Ramsay

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Hey, you know "heads up" instrument panels? Like in planes, the pilot can read his gauges and keep his eyes on the windscreen? It'd seem with modern optics and technology, one could develop "Gourmet Goggles." The intense gourmet display you see is laid over the slop I cooked. A win-win, I'm thinking. In the bowl black, lumpy (but tasty) guacamole that looks like it belongs in a baby's diaper; in your goggles' visual field, whatever images I can pirate from Martha Stewart on her very bestest vintage Cinco del Mayo feast.
They did exactly what you suggest in Blade Runner: 2049. You see the guy with his plate of algae-derived stuff and lo and behold, one hologram later, it's burger and chips.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
They did exactly what you suggest in Blade Runner: 2049. You see the guy with his plate of algae-derived stuff and lo and behold, one hologram later, it's burger and chips.
Dang. I gots to start watching newer movies. They stole my idea.