• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Subliminal HTML

Irish Bard

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Hi All

I'm working on an art and poetry website and I'm thinking of implanting (Positive!) subliminal messages in the text by raising the font sizes subtly on key letters to spell out a word - example:

I am designing a poetry website, that I would like to release before December.

dream

Now that's as subtle as a punch in the face, but I'm trying to show the effect (and the forum limits minuet text adjustments) - in the actual site we would be talking a difference of less than 5%.

Anyone tried anything like this? Is this bunk?

Thanks

Brixgh

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Anyone tried anything like this? Is this bunk?
no that's real. That is called hypnotic copywriting. The page layout, the words you choose all will have an effect.

TBH, many companies especially those who sell online, and almost all advertisements companies depend on that somehow. You will see the effects within 6 months on average but sure there are some triggers that work faster for some people.

There is a book that may help you. Hypnotic Copywriting by Joe Vitale.

Irish Bard

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
no that's real. That is called hypnotic copywriting. The page layout, the words you choose all will have an effect.

TBH, many companies especially those who sell online, and almost all advertisements companies depend on that somehow. You will see the effects within 6 months on average but sure there are some triggers that work faster for some people.

There is a book that may help you. Hypnotic Copywriting by Joe Vitale.
Thanks So much! It's available on Amazon Kindle and Google Play Books - I'll grab a copy!

Thanks

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I've actually done this in the past. What I'll say is, it does sometimes work, but for maximum effect, you want to combine it with several other forms of subliminal messaging... And of course, nothing is a substitute for having an actual good product.

Irish Bard

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I've actually done this in the past. What I'll say is, it does sometimes work, but for maximum effect, you want to combine it with several other forms of subliminal messaging... And of course, nothing is a substitute for having an actual good product.
I'm actually reading Hypnotic Copywriting by Joe Vitale as suggested by Brixgh. IT IS BRIILLANT. I've always thought there was something to NLP but I've always found most books either dumb to the point of stating the obvious or loaded with jargon. This book however is perfect - concise and practical to jump in but stretching enough to build up your own ideas. As a poet I find it particularly appealing. It will change the way I write- even my poetry, incantations and pathworkings.

As to the product, it's a book. Here are a few sample pages (I'll let you decide on how good a product it is ;).

Logical-Sonnets-2-1-10241024-45.jpg

Logical-Sonnets-2-1-10241024-46.jpg

Logical-Sonnets-2-1-10241024-25.jpg

Logical-Sonnets-2-1-10241024-26.jpg

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
This kinda reminds me of Mark Z Danielewski's book House of Leaves. Unfortunately I have a Dutch translation and I can't imagine they got everything in there that he put in it. But I definitely like these concepts.

Irish Bard

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
This kinda reminds me of Mark Z Danielewski's book House of Leaves. Unfortunately I have a Dutch translation and I can't imagine they got everything in there that he put in it. But I definitely like these concepts.
Thanks so much Yazata - I will definitely check out that book