• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Success Story Summoning an Onryo

A post about how a spell, ritual, or other type of magick worked.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slytherin

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
"In Japanese folklore, Onryo are vengeful spirits who were wronged in their lives (mostly by men) and come back to exact vengeance on those that wronged them or who unfortunately come into contact with them."
Will it be wise to evoke them (invoking would be a mad man's job surely)?
Do they behave sanely?
How do you appease them?
Can anyone share their experiences with them

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I see that this is another copy paste. The text comes from a blog that talks about the Ring movies so I think that would be a great starting point for this adventure.

Slytherin

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I see that this is another copy paste. The text comes from a blog that talks about the Ring movies so I think that would be a great starting point for this adventure.
Actually they are real entities who were originally part of Japanese folklore and probably got featured in Ring movies.

But the text is a brief about what they are, not part of a fantasy

I am just trying to get to what to except when I evoked them, and do they even stay calm, talk and strike deal or ... you know, are hostile, especially towards men

Slytherin

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Ring movies
Horror movies are shitty places for information. For example, in the Nun, Valak is made to do crazy apeshit that would better suit Glasya Labolas

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Point was that it is a copy paste from a blog.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
The description reminds me of the hannya in Noh(such beings can also be seen in Kabuki).
Take what I say with a grain of salt.
Will it be wise to evoke them (invoking would be a mad man's job surely)?
No, because they're spirits seeking to "harm back" due to their seemingly unjust deaths.
You can't control them as far as I know, at most you can exorcise them or appease them, I think.Plus, I don't think you can even call on them unless you're on Japan, specifically on lands where such spirits dwell.

Do they behave sanely?
Don't know.

How do you appease them?
As far as I know, by turning them into kami or paying respects.

Can anyone share their experiences with them
Considering this forum is mostly focused on Western practices, and seems to attract mostly people of the West, I think it will be hard for you to find someone with any experience with such beings.You would have better chance seeking forums about ghost experiences and paranormal happenings in Japan.

Slytherin

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Okay, few minutes back I accidentally evoked an Onryu in a dark room behind me, whose door I had left ajar

The Onryu was a girl with her hair flipped to the front and white flowing silky garbs (except it was astral)
She asked what I wanted which I told & she agreed
She is now looking at my device through which I am posting and giving out shriek

So when dealing with Onryu, points to noted are:
1. Place or room of evocation should be dark. Onryu are emotional, so they like dark rooms when they can moan and grief about their sorrows
2. Nothing to fear other than a few shrieks if you are not the one because of which she's has become an Onryu
3. Respect her
4. Don't touch on sensitive topics like her manner of death or something while talking to her

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I accidentally evoked an Onryu
I'm not one to summon beings but as far as my sparse knowledge about it goes, you can't "accidently" call on something(and I mean this in general).
Either you do a ritual to summon something, or nothing happens.
If it was that easy to accidently do it, we would have many stories of people doing so.

And as said previously, those spirits are of Japanese origin so it is highly doubtful they would exist anywhere but in Japan.Maybe they can be found in Japanese communities outside of Japan, but that is just a guess.I don't know how much their link is to the land and how much it is to the people.

I don't get it though, you asked here about this being as if you didn't know, then suddenly you "called upon it" and now knows a lot about it?I'm sorry to say but this sounds not only suspicious(why ask something that you now claim to know about?) but also fake.

Slytherin

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not one to summon beings but as far as my sparse knowledge about it goes, you can't "accidently" call on something(and I mean this in general).
Either you do a ritual to summon something, or nothing happens.
If it was that easy to accidently do it, we would have many stories of people doing so.

And as said previously, those spirits are of Japanese origin so it is highly doubtful they would exist anywhere but in Japan.Maybe they can be found in Japanese communities outside of Japan, but that is just a guess.I don't know how much their link is to the land and how much it is to the people.

I don't get it though, you asked here about this being as if you didn't know, then suddenly you "called upon it" and now knows a lot about it?I'm sorry to say but this sounds not only suspicious(why ask something that you now claim to know about?) but also fake.
Okay this is more about the accident. 1st point to note is there is a proper way of summoning, and there are hundreds of improper ways of summoning. Tbh, most mystics summon their respective deities by accident. For example, the Sikhism founder

Here's the base of summoning. You have to set up a comfy environment for the spirit to pop up and let dude know you want dude 😎 to pop up. Now the proper way in West is charging sigils and chanting enns, in the East is mediation sitting on yantras and probably chanting mantras

And in my case the dark room I am talking about, I was vehemently thinking about a specific Onryu in that room, a specific one on which my eyes fell upon when I was researching, resulting in a mass psychic imprint in that room. That's exactly what happens when you charge a sigil and think about a spirit. And when I switched off the lights and was about get I realised I was not alone and the one Onryu I was reading and researching was there, as the Onryu felt comfortable and could feel the psychic imprints, which were about her. That's what happens while chanting an enn(it's better, unique and directed at the spirit) or any other summoning chant. The spirit hears your call and comes over

Next part, in the spirit plane, there's no Japan, there's no America. Every point is connected to the other. Sure you can ward specific spaces and shield off, but obviously nobody did it for them

The Onryu told me the things I wrote. That's how I 'suddenly know so much' 😜 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.