• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book – PDF Tales of Yggdrasil (3 volume set), by Michael Kelly

Share a PDF of a book.
Reaction score
Awards
Hit the wrong button, sorry. I'll post the links by replying to myself. :rolleyes:
Post automatically merged:

Tales-of-Yggdrasil-1-A-Dance-o-Kelly-Michael.jpg
Tales-of-Yggdrasil-2-The-Lost-Kelly-Michael.jpg
Tales-of-Yggdrasil-3-Visions-o-Kelly-Michael.jpg

Step into the world of Norse mythology and experience its profound insights and keys to powerful living. Make no mistake, this is more than a book: it is an experience which will fire up your creativity and effectiveness in new and wonderful ways.

As you read these new tales, carefully crafted by storyteller and runemaster Michael H. Kelly, there is a deep part of you which will be inspired by the ambience of the runes which is woven throughout the stories, even as your reading self sits in your chair and enjoys the narrative.

Michael has taken his extensive knowledge of the runic mysteries and threaded them deliberately through each story. The underlying structure of each tale is a manifestation of the Web of Wyrd. Each story is accompanied by a 'magic square' of runic letters which expresses the mythic currents embedded in the narrative. These may be used effectively for contemplation and inspiration.

The commitment you're making today, to read this book, isn't just a pastime. It's the first step towards a paradigm shift in your understanding of life.

Download: Book – PDF - Tales of Yggdrasil (3 volume set), by Michael Kelly

Last edited by a moderator:

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
For the record, I assume that these stories and poems are not simply fiction intended as entertainment but rather practical object lessions for interpreting runes (see the runic 'magic sqares'), which means that these books can actually teach you something and therefore make them ok for this section, I'd say, despite the cheesy AI-generated art; I guess I'm writing all this because I'm always afraid that somebody will dump a load of occult romance novels here as LARPing fodder one day but these books don't seem to belong in this category. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
Awards
For the record, I assume that these stories and poems are not simply fiction intended as entertainment but rather practical object lessions for interpreting runes (see the runic 'magic sqares'), which means that these books can actually teach you something and therefore make them ok for this section, I'd say, despite the cheesy AI-generated art; I guess I'm writing all this because I'm always afraid that somebody will dump a load of occult romance novels here as LARPing fodder one day but these books don't seem to belong in this category. Anyway, thanks for sharing!
Don't worry, I wouldn't have posted them if they were just fantasy fiction. He definitely intends them to be teaching principles of runic/Nordic praxis and to be useful for initiatory purposes.

Perhaps this is a good time to clarify your policy on folktales and folklore too. My own opinion is that Pagan/Heathen magic and sorcery require a good working knowledge of Pagan/Heathen myth and lore, and a lot of useful lore is preserved in folktales. Folktales of the Celtic Otherworld being particular significant in this regard; they can be considered a "map" for immrama journeys, for example. I was planning on eventually uploading some folklore/folktale collections that I feel provide useful mythic information that can be an aid to ones practice but I need to know if you'd rather not have that type of thing here, then.
Post automatically merged:

I also have just noticed that everyone else seems to put the author's name first and then the title while I do it the opposite. Do you have a preference on that or does it make no difference?

Last edited:

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Perhaps this is a good time to clarify your policy on folktales and folklore too. My own opinion is that Pagan/Heathen magic and sorcery require a good working knowledge of Pagan/Heathen myth and lore, and a lot of useful lore is preserved in folktales. Folktales of the Celtic Otherworld being particular significant in this regard; they can be considered a "map" for immrama journeys, for example. I was planning on eventually uploading some folklore/folktale collections that I feel provide useful mythic information that can be an aid to ones practice but I need to know if you'd rather not have that type of thing here, then.

I also have just noticed that everyone else seems to put the author's name first and then the title while I do it the opposite. Do you have a preference on that or does it make no difference?
We don't really have a policy on folktales and folklore here, it was mainly the fiction vs. non-fiction issue that was of some concern to me. You're quite right, those myths and legends are important when you plan on doing a ritual along the lines of that particular tradition. The books you shared, however, contain original material composed by the author himself, not traditional lore, which makes them a bit of a borderline case. We have the Poetic Edda in the Library, for example, but I wouldn't be very enthusiastic if somebody posted Viking fanfic here. Anyway, we mostly handle such issues on a case-by-case basis.

And it doesn't matter if you put the author's name first or last, the main thing is that it's listed in the heading at all so that people can find the book when they tick the "Search titles only" box.

Reaction score
Awards
We don't really have a policy on folktales and folklore here, it was mainly the fiction vs. non-fiction issue that was of some concern to me. You're quite right, those myths and legends are important when you plan on doing a ritual along the lines of that particular tradition. The books you shared, however, contain original material composed by the author himself, not traditional lore, which makes them a bit of a borderline case. We have the Poetic Edda in the Library, for example, but I wouldn't be very enthusiastic if somebody posted Viking fanfic here. Anyway, we mostly handle such issues on a case-by-case basis.

And it doesn't matter if you put the author's name first or last, the main thing is that it's listed in the heading at all so that people can find the book when they tick the "Search titles only" box.
Just wanted to make sure. If I feel they have value, I'll post them. If you disagree, you delete them. Sounds fair enough to me. ;)