• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Open Request Talisman and Amulet kit by Frater Malak

Someone is looking for a specific book to be shared.

clauddy

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Hello, I need a high definition scan of the Talisman and Amulet kit (The mystic grimoire of mighty spells and rituals ) by Frater Malak, as I want to have such amulets and talismans realised in Silver 925.
Who manages to take a pic to each of the amulets in the kit (old kit in black & white)?
Thank you in advance.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
The title of your request thread had me stumped first because I didn't know that there was another book by Geoff Grey-Cobb under the Frater Malak monicker. I found another version of his Mystic Grimoire today, this time a proper e-book instead of a scan which, however, does not seem to contain any photos (I only skimmed through fast). So here is a thread with the e-book I found today, a scanned 2019 edition together with an optimized version, and there is also another thread with the first edition but that's the best we can do:

I'll leave this request open as the talisman and amulet kit question does not seem to be solved yet.

clauddy

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
The quality of the images of the Amulets and Talismans present in this PDF version anyway Is not so High to permit the realisation of real pendants in Silver.
For such a reason perhaps Someone would be Better off taking Pics directly from the old Talisman and Amulet Kit of the old book.
Thank you all.

MofoMojo

Neophyte
Reaction score
The quality of the images of the Amulets and Talismans present in this PDF version anyway Is not so High to permit the realisation of real pendants in Silver.
For such a reason perhaps Someone would be Better off taking Pics directly from the old Talisman and Amulet Kit of the old book.
Thank you all.
Would the images from scribd
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
serve the purpose?

clauddy

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Would the images from scribd
serve the purpose?
I don't think so..
The images from scribd are from the new kit (not original) in colour by Brother Butterball.
I also have a scan by Vovin (Studio Arcanis) but it' s bad for making the pendants.

Art Thurian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Here you have: both sigils in black and white and colored.

Malak, Frater (Geof Gray-Cobb) - Mystic grimoire, Talisman and Amulet kit (Black and white sigils) (1976)

Malak, Frater (Geof Gray-Cobb) - Mystic grimoire, Talisman and Amulet kit (Color sigils) (1976)

clauddy

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards

Malak, Frater (Geof Gray-Cobb) - Mystic grimoire, Talisman and Amulet kit (Black and white sigils) (1976)

Malak, Frater (Geof Gray-Cobb) - Mystic grimoire, Talisman and Amulet kit (Color sigils) (1976)
Thank you, but I already have the First Scan (it' s very bad Indeed).

MofoMojo

Neophyte
Reaction score
Just as an afterthought, have you tried bing/google image search of one of the individual sigils you need/want (even if it's off) from the bad scan to see if a better one-off image exists?

clauddy

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
No, but if you manage to find better scans, please post the results on here.
If someone managed to take a pic to each of talismans and amulets of the kit, it would be even better...

MofoMojo

Neophyte
Reaction score
I hear ya. No, I don't have any but at this rate, it might be worth just using the bad scans as a template to re-draw new ones with approximation. Especially if you just plan on casting them. If you take the authors claims at heart, they're useless regardless so it would just be jewelry (in the eyes of the author). I haven't read the book so have no real thoughts behind that statement other than this looks like an odd mix of Celestial, Malachim and Transitus Huvii for 9-11 and the rest I just don't recognize except to say some of them look a little familiar but with the author's own flair. Some look like they were drawn and then extruded.

Art Thurian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
No, but if you manage to find better scans, please post the results on here.
If someone managed to take a pic to each of talismans and amulets of the kit, it would be even better...
I don't agree....the color sigils are very good. Do you want to print them in huge size? How big? For me they are all right! I thought I can help....at least a "thank you" for the effort will make me happy! I hope someone else will scan them better. Le's hope!

clauddy

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Thank you sir for your effort of finding such scans.
The Amulets and the talismans should be pendants (3 or 3.5 cm in diameter) made of Silver 925.
I' d like them to be in black & White, as in the book of 1976 they were not coloured.
The second Scan you found derives from a reelaboration by Brother Butterball Who decided a few years ago to make a new rendering of the old sigils in colours.

Last edited:

Art Thurian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Thank you sir for your effort of finding such scans.
The Amulets and the talismans should be pendants (3 or 3.5 cm in diameter) made of Silver 925.
I' d like them to be in black & White, as in the book of 1976 they were not coloured.
The second Scan you found derives from a reelaboration by Brother Butterball Who decided a few years ago to make a new rendering of the old sigils in colours.
They work for me! Both white and black and colored.

clauddy

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I' m not saying the coloured talismans do not work.
But I' d like to have the black &White ones realised to be more coerent with the First edition of the book.
It's a legendary book to me.
Anyway I found a jeweller on Etsy Who Is able to realise them by using this Scan in black&White.
I ' Ve Just ordered them...if you want, I'll make you see the final results of his work.

whatever0935

Neophyte
Reaction score

I'm sorry, but does this scanning kit work, or do I have to buy one elsewhere? I'm trying to use this book.

clauddy

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
But I' d like to have the black &White ones realised to be more coerent with the First edition of the book.
It's a legendary book
I'm sorry, but does this scanning kit work, or do I have to buy one elsewhere? I'm trying to use this book.
Are you trying to do the rituals described in the book, by cutting out the talismans and amulets present on the kit?

whatever0935

Neophyte
Reaction score
It's a legendary book

Are you trying to do the rituals described in the book, by cutting out the talismans and amulets present on the kit?
Yes, I plan to do that.

clauddy

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Yes, I plan to do that.
I suggest not using the paper of the original Amulet and Talisman kit, even though the author declares the rituals work only by using such a kit.
It's a consecrated kit by the author himself.
You might as well try to consecrate on your own a paper Copy of such a kit, by following the instructions by Brother Butterball.
Post automatically merged:

Here are the five Amulets in Silver925.
Do you like them ?
Post automatically merged:

Last edited: