• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Tarot - Divination

Someone's asking for help!

Nobody

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
What would be your recommendations for mastering divination through the tarot? Do you have any books or videos (channel, podcasts) to recommend?

I have the book "Golden Dawn Ritual Tarot - Chic Cicero & Sandra Tabatha Cicero". Would you have an interesting opinion to share on it?

Thanks in advance.

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I prefer looser, intuitive approaches- like Yoav Ben Dov’s- to the Golden Dawn derived systems. Accordingly I also like the Marseilles deck better than Rider-Waite as the latter is full of obvious, jejune symbolism tied to a particular occult system. My overall feeling is that tarot should be fun. Tarot cards started out as playing cards after all- the 18th century idea that they are actually the encoded book of Hermes from ancient Egypt is utterly baseless but some people still seem to take it seriously.

Reaction score
Awards
What would be your recommendations for mastering divination through the tarot? Do you have any books or videos (channel, podcasts) to recommend?

I have the book "Golden Dawn Ritual Tarot - Chic Cicero & Sandra Tabatha Cicero". Would you have an interesting opinion to share on it?

Thanks in advance.
Paul Foster Case in the Book Shares.

Reaction score
Awards
any deck will do, there isnt anything special about the cards, your using them makes them work, and the more you use them the more in tune to the energy flow you become, just pulling one card with proper intent can be enough, but only when you have established the relationship

work with the cards enough to know each ones energy, it seems like a lot at first but its worth it, query the cards the right way, no hard questions that require detailed answers or a yes/no response, ask for guidance and direction, ask for wisdom and knowledge, these things are already waiting for you to know in the intuition, the cards just help you focus, if you get a weird card then ask for clarification, i get quite a conversation going sometimes, but the information is always spot on, watch your mind and keep out doubt, if you get answers you dont like then tough shit, i often just query how i can alter the reality i dont want, there is almost always a way, but prepare for occasional disappointment and dont blame the cards, its all on you
Post automatically merged:

just for fun, chatgpt says:

As an AI language model, I don't have personal opinions or beliefs, but I can provide you with some general recommendations and resources for mastering divination through the tarot.

1. Study the tarot: Before you can master divination through the tarot, you need to have a solid understanding of the tarot's symbolism and meanings. You can start by reading books on tarot history and meanings, as well as taking courses or workshops on the subject.
  2. Practice regularly: The more you practice, the more comfortable you'll become with using the tarot as a divination tool. Make a habit of drawing a card or doing a reading every day, and keep a tarot journal to track your progress and insights.
  3. Trust your intuition: While it's important to learn the traditional meanings of the cards, it's equally important to trust your own intuition and interpretations. As you become more familiar with the tarot, you'll develop your own unique style and approach.
  4. Find a community: Joining a tarot community, whether online or in-person, can provide you with valuable support and feedback as you hone your skills. You can share your readings, ask questions, and learn from others' experiences.
As for resources, here are some books, videos, and podcasts that you may find helpful:

Books:

• "The Tarot Handbook" by Angeles Arrien
  • "Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom" by Rachel Pollack
  • "Tarot for Your Self" by Mary K. Greer
  • "The Tarot Bible" by Sarah Bartlett
Videos/Channels:

• "Biddy Tarot" on YouTube
  • "The Quietest Revolution" on YouTube
  • "Tarot Readers Academy" on YouTube
  • "The Tarot Lady" on YouTube
Podcasts:

• "Tarot for the Wild Soul" with Lindsay Mack
  • "Tarot Bytes" with Theresa Reed
  • "The Tarot Lady's Tarot Bytes" with Theresa Reed
  • "Tarot for the Modern Mystic" with Ethony Dawn
Regarding the "Golden Dawn Ritual Tarot" book by Chic Cicero and Sandra Tabatha Cicero, it's a popular tarot book that explores the Golden Dawn's approach to the tarot. It covers the symbolism and meanings of each card, as well as how to use the tarot for divination and spiritual development. While opinions on tarot books can vary, many readers find this book to be a helpful resource.

Last edited: