• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Tarot Major Keys, their Astrological/Elemental/Planetary influences, and effect thru and upon X

Someone's asking for help!
Reaction score
Awards
Coming from The Golden Dawn (Regardie) and Tarot Fundamentals (Case), primarily from Regardie, we see in charts and description in Book T and Tree of Life as Projected through a solid sphere, but from Practicus especially, we see that a given key is derived from two other sources, planetary or elemental through a planet or sign upon X, where X is the given key, say Key X Wheel of Fortune (Jupiter), where it should be Jupiter acting through Jupiter upon Venus.

But how is this determined, simply from the layout of the sephira on the Tree of Life, and the ascribed 22 paths?

Id like to know how this from the Practices Knowledge Lecture fits into the content of ToL as Projected Into a Solid Sphere (Book Beth?).

Reaction score
Awards
Example, Im trying to make sense of the astrological and elemental and planetary flow in the results of a Split Hexagram Spread (Modern Magick, Chapter 1) reading: "Why do I self-sabotage myself in all ways?"
Greater Spiritual Influence: IX The Hermit (Virgo)
Lesser Spiritual Influence: VII The Chariot (Cancer)
Spiritual Advice: VI The Lovers (Gemini)
Final Outcome: VIII Strength (Leo)
Unconscious Desires: III The Empress (Venus)
Conscious Desires: IV The Emperor (Aries)
Practical Advice: XV The Devil (Capricorn)

Note: I only use these as reference to forces potentially or at play -
Top of Deck: V The Hierophant (Taurus)
Bottom of Deck: XVII The Star (Aquarius)

Besides their meanings in reference to the answer, Im looking strictly at the celestial and enochian (concourse of forces) at play.
It would be interesting to reference the Star Parts from Solid Sphere, and compare to current astronomical activity, and pair that against astrological transits.

So, we have:
Mutable Signs: 2 (Virgo, Gemini)
Cardinal Signs: 3 (Cancer, Capricorn, Aries)
Kerubic Signs: 1 (Leo) (3 adding Taurus and Aquarius from ToD and BoD)
Planets: 1 (Venus)
Elements: 0

We can safely count out alchemy for the most part as all elements are absent from the reading. This is purely celestial.
In the Greater Spiritual Influence we have Mutable Virgo, in the Lesser Spiritual Influence we have Cardinal Cancer, and Spiritual Advice is Mutable Gemini.
Unconscious Desires is Planetary Venus, Conscious Desires Cardinal Aries, Practical Advice Cardinal Capricorn.
Final Outcome Kerubic Leo (while two other Kerubic signs look on)

So, the question is why? Obviously I would go with straight meanings for the general reading, but looking at the astrology of it, I dont understand the mix of the signs completely, and how they affect the spread factors based on the cards drawn as described above.

This is NOT a request for interpretation of the reading aside from the operations of the celestial outcomes.

Reaction score
Awards
So, based on cards 1 to 7 (FO is #7, just laid out as a bridge between the two triangles hence split hexagram) from the Practicus KL chart:

1 Hermit Virgo Mutable - The Mercy of Beauty, the Magnificence of Sovereignty, Jupiter acting through Virgo upon Sol.
2 Chariot Cancer Cardinal - Chariot=Understanding acting upon Severity. Saturn acting through Cancer upon Mars.
3 Lovers Gemini Mutable - The Understanding of Beauty and Production of Beauty and Sovereignty. Saturn acting through Gemini upon Sol.
4 Empress Venus Planetary - The Wisdom of Understanding, the Union of the powers of Origination and Production; the Sphere of the Zodiac acting through Venus upon Saturn.
5 Emperor Aries Cardinal - The Wisdom of Sovereignty and Beauty, and the originator of them; the Sphere of the Zodiac acting through Aries upon the Sun, and initiating Spring.
6 Devil Capricorn Cardinal - The Sovereignty and Beauty of Material (and therefore false) splendour. Sol acting through Capricorn upon Mercury.
7 Strength Leo Kerubic - Fortitude. Mercy tempering Severity. The Glory of Strength. Jupiter acting through Leo upon Mars.

I understand this largely depends on the ToL in the Kircher tree model.

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I have another q: how will this allow you to become a better magician? Why is this importan?

looks technical to me.

Reaction score
Awards
I have another q: how will this allow you to become a better magician? Why is this importan?

looks technical to me.
Why wouldn't it be important? Astrology isn't just a tool for fortune telling, neither is Tarot for that matter. They can be valuable tools for psychological insight. Did you know that most old occult grimoire were often Doctors of an art? Did you know that a lot of occultist are or were psychologists and/or psychiatrists?

Reaction score
Awards
And yes, it is technical. Astronomy and physics combined with cause and effect of a given decision in daily waking life ... hence the question. Understanding everything should be the occultists main concern.

Reaction score
Awards
Nothing disputes that there are easier ways to get things done, but Im not looking for shortcuts, Im looking for understanding.

Reaction score
Awards
For starters, lets talk about Causal factors, with the factors being the astrological/astronomical details of the cards. Each planet, like all beings has negative and positive qualities, there must be some necessary knowledge behind Causal and Acausal, and how they affect the context of the reading. That might be what Im trying to understand, along with the multiple classes of signs represented.

I could take a face value look at my Rider Waite cards and give a judgement as to the interpretation of the cards drawn.
But each of those cards is there for a reason, and not all symbolism or design or working system is the same among multiple different decks.
The Golden Dawn and Gnostic Tarot for example, have very difficult imagery to understand.

Add to this a deck you yourself create, and is a standard exercise for many different schools for a given grade. What would you yourself put on each crd to give it the most knowledge and understanding possible for someone else to pick up on and run with?

There is a topic in Enchain Magic called the Concourse of Forces. There are given stations, and as each court card or ace (enochian cards) passes a given station, an effect occurs.

Why? Whats the effect and what were alternatives?

Then we have three given cards, one Cardinal, one Mutable and one Kerubic as to signs, why? What are the relationships involved past face card meaning? How do these signs relate to the topic of Self-Sabotage?

Reaction score
Awards
Thanks, didn't mean to seem like I was jumping on you, just every time I had more insight five minutes had passed.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
You should simplify your technique

i learned by offering my readings for others constantly

I did not do astrology nor do I, I’m not familiar with it in depth enough to give advice on it though it does affect us...

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Obviously unnecessarily complicated. ATU X corresponds with the seventh degree, the Grade of the Adeptus Exemptus. I once called it a gate to madness because it rapes your mind and logical thinking. Behind it lies the Abyssos and the Highest Triade. You can see the Angels of Kaph from there but you never heard the trumpets of the Archangels because for that you must move on.

ATU X is a natural border. Self-sabotage a warning sign not to cross without preparation.