• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Open Request Techniques of Graeco-Egyptian Magic by Stephen Skinner

Someone is looking for a specific book to be shared.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
For anybody else looking: I changed the title of the request (it's "Techniques OF", not "Techniques IN"). At some sites (pdfcoffee.com, vk.com and others), Stephen Skinners doctoral thesis titled "Magical Techniques and Implements present in Graeco-Egyptian Magical Papyri" is mislabelled as this book so always make sure you've got his book and not his thesis.
Post automatically merged:

Gah, had to change the title again, it's "Graeco", not "Greco". Google lets you search for the exact expression you're looking for, so that would be "Techniques of Graeco-Egyptian Magic", any error you make there may give you not the result you're looking for.

Last edited:

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I believe I have this book somewhere. Let me take a look.

Edit: Just shared.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
There is a review of this book at
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

The reviewer states: "In particular, Skinner has expanded his doctoral thesis into a pair of books – Techniques of Graeco-Egyptian Magic and Techniques of Solomonic Magic – which between them offer a carefully-constructed guide to the Greek Magical Papyri and then explore how ideas found in them made their way into later grimoires, despite centuries of political upheaval and religious hostility."

What has been shared on Anna's Archive is the doctoral thesis, not either of the books.