• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book – PDF The Apophenion: A Chaos Magic Paradigm (2008) - Peter Carroll

Share a PDF of a book.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
[Apophenia is "the tendency to perceive a connection or meaningful pattern between unrelated or random things" - seeing Jesus's face in in a tortilla, etc. I haven't read the book yet but so delighted that he's reclaiming the word]

1-3df7a8a115-7.jpeg

“My final Magnum Opus if its ideas remain unfalsified within my lifetime, otherwise its back to the drawing board.

Yet I’ve tried to keep it as short and simple as possible, it consists of eight fairly brief and terse chapters and five appendices. It attacks most of the great questions of being, free will, consciousness, meaning, the nature of mind, and humanity’s place in the cosmos, from a magical perspective.

Some of the conclusions seem to challenge many of the deeply held assumptions that our culture has taught us, so brace yourself for the paradigm crash and look for the jewels revealed in the wreckage.This book contains something to offend everyone; enough science to upset the magicians, enough magic to upset the scientists, and enough blasphemy to upset most trancendentalists.”

"Magicians feared they had lost Him to the world of Theoretical Physics, but Zarathustra has come down from the mountain. The Apophenion is spoken - and proves the wait was worth it. Religion starts the hunt for Meaning, and with science Meaning is killed and served up as Truth. So we need magic, sowing the seeds of Meaning in everyday events, and we need art to cultivate them to public awareness. Thus does Apophenia reveal how to bring back Meaning to our diminished lives." - Lionel Snell, author of SSOTBME.

BUY
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

DOWNLOAD

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Reaction score
Awards

Apophenion Intends to attack most of the great questions of being, freewill, consciousness, meaning, the nature of mind, and humanity's place in the cosmos, from a magical perspective. This book contains something to offend everyone; enough science to upset the magicians, enough magic to upset the scientists, and enough blasphemy to upset trancendentalists.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards

Apophenion Intends to attack most of the great questions of being, freewill, consciousness, meaning, the nature of mind, and humanity's place in the cosmos, from a magical perspective. This book contains something to offend everyone; enough science to upset the magicians, enough magic to upset the scientists, and enough blasphemy to upset trancendentalists.
Double posting merged. Please use the search function before posting any books. I'm grateful for your enthusiasm and generosity but it makes for a lot of work for the site staff to find the original books, compare their versions, etc.

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Reaction score
Awards
Double posting merged. Please use the search function before posting any books. I'm grateful for your enthusiasm and generosity but it makes for a lot of work for the site staff to find the original books, compare their versions, etc.

I apologize! I thought I did. I'll be more diligent before posting in the future.