• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Journal The Devil's Path

A record of a users' progress or achievements in their particular practice.

theil

Carefree Explorer
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Right off, so not to let anyone down nor pearls clutched, this regards the Tarot's Devil. This journal thread will be research I've already done aligning mystical aspects of tarot and palmistry for contemplation and more. The research needs to be fleshed out since it was for personal use and it was good enough for me. Don't indent to publish this or really share it but thought I should at least place it somewhere.

What's covered, Highlights:

• Using traditional western palmistry, astrological and planetary rulers of the hand with modern planets added in (modern planet rulership of the hand varies from reader to reader), will be the foundation for the Major Arcana's placement on the hand.
  • Chakras of the palm, in particular the 7th chakra and the Tower guarded by The Hierophant.
  • Pamela Colman Smith's interpretation of the Major Arcana has some interesting surprising and unusual alignments with Harold W Percival's 1906, "The Zodiac" presenting his idea of the Zodiac's dual aspect of unmanifested/manifested universe. The Devil's SHIN SHADDAI hand sign plus other cards are hidden keys for this idea.
  • “In proposing my own attributions, I have tried to stay as close as possible to what, intuitively, I perceived to be the common features that link tarot with an astrological sign or planet.” Tarot and Individuation, page 331, Irene Gad, Physician and Jungian analyst (1925 - ?).
  • and more…

Post automatically merged:

The Devil's Path could be called Saturn's or even Fate's. The path being followed in palmistry is called the line of fate, the line of Saturn or Destiny. It's usually found in the middle of the palm, running vertical from around the wrist to the middle finger or around there.

I chose the line of Saturn to begin, since that is where the line is said to begin and how it is read. Down by the wrist just below and between the two largest fleshy muscles of the palm, Mt. Venus and Mt. Luna, is Mt. Neptune. The major arcana correspondence is Luna or The Moon. In the card as drawn by Smith is of a crustacean coming out of the waters and a path before it, on either side are canines and two tall towers in the distance.

Last edited:

theil

Carefree Explorer
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Sidenote: thinking of the correspondences of the palm this morning, how it might of came about. Sword use came to mind. Inner Mars is towards the thumb and outer Mars is on the outer edge of the palm. Inner Mars is directive aggressive, offense, while outer Mars is standing firm, defense. The thumb is knowledge and wisdom, Venus (fleshy muscle/balb of the thumb) is physical condition, passion, material things. The index is Jupiter, expansion, self direction.

theil

Carefree Explorer
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Thinking of posting a graphic key to the whole system and leaving it at that
Post automatically merged:

Starting the visual key

Last edited: