• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

The Earth Pentacle/Pantecle

Reaction score
Awards
Traditionally it is made out of a round piece of wood, with an area lengt and widthh 3x its height.
Clay can also be used, but is necessary to fire in a kiln, and then there is a more elaborate design I have in mind for it that will involve solder, beaded gemstones in four colors, and copper plates for bottom and top.
Then we paint it white, and in black etch an inner circle where the four elements will be painted in a X shape, and Hebrew lettering around the outer circle. On the side is typically name and motto.
Im thinking a hockey puck could be used for a base, at least to mold the clay around. Should I just get a wood disk and be done with it?

Lazarus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Up to you.

If you got a wood one, are you going to regret not having the clay one?

Will the effort in making the clay one overwhelm you into never actually making it, resulting in not having a pentacle at all?

Reaction score
Awards
Not really, just can't find a kiln hot enough to craft it as desired. I practically need a forge.
To melt the solder to the gemstones and copper plates surrounded by hardened clay ready to be sanded and painted.

I already thought of a crafting solution to mold clay around - A ZYN container or like I thought, a hockey puck. Getting a hockey puck, clay, paint nd sandpaper this Friday or next.

Reaction score
Awards
Turbulent ride, might take longer to get started. I like the idea of wax, due to the leftover candle mass I have. Im going to file off the leftover incense and collect in a all purpose mix. But could use the wax for pentacles and seals. I know someone who used a dremmel kit and woodblock burn work that turned out fantastic.