• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] The Earth Pentacle

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
As this post title states, this is a catch-all post for all questions and information on the Earth Pentacle. This RHP, as LHP typically uses only wand, sword and dagger, no earth pentacle.

So, to open up on discussion, is a store bought hockey puck (plastic or rubber) sufficient as a base for an earth pentacle, or does it have to be a piece of wood with specific dimensions, and if so, why?

Caliban

Neophyte
Reaction score
My honest response to the initial question is, "Try it, and find out. Then, you tell me."

I tend to think, however, that the value in finding just the right stuff to make the magic thing from is mostly a matter of effort invested equaling emotional investment in the finished magic thing, and a feeling that it is appropriately special.

I don't worry about rare materials for my pentacles, and simply get plain, eight-inch, bass-wood rounds at the craft store. I do however design my own pentacles, derive the appropriate names, etc. myself, and hand paint and hand-letter the pentacles myself, which is adequate effort invested for me to produce an entirely satisfactory and functional working tool.