• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

the end

Ithir

Neophyte
Reaction score
whatever is your belief here, i can’t argue.
all of us has different “interpretations” of what we believe to be “true” (perhaps all of them are, perhaps none).
but despite our different beliefs, do you think that there will be a “final” confrontation? some some sort of ultimate fight between the sides (such as the armageddon or the ragnarok) or all will just persist this way?
and if so, would you take part in it, if you were given the chance? and what side would you pick according to your believes and vision?

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
all of us has different “interpretations” of what we believe to be “true” (perhaps all of them are, perhaps none).
but despite our different beliefs, do you think that there will be a “final” confrontation? some some sort of ultimate fight between the sides (such as the armageddon or the ragnarok) or all will just persist this way?
and if so, would you take part in it, if you were given the chance? and what side would you pick according to your believes and vision?
Ultimate? A lot of creeds (Hindu, Germanic, Mayan) see things cyclically. The "final" battle means end of cycle, not end of gaming. The Voluspa Prophecy speaks of the situation after Ragnarok, "Then rising from the sea spy I: second earth, one quickly green-growing." One where "Baldr returns and righted are all wrongs." But it concludes saying, "Down shining mountain slinks the dark serpent, Nidhogg dragon bearing corpses under scaled wings..." i.e., seeds of future evils even in the restored world.

Would I take part? Um...I don't think anyone is allowed to sit out Armageddon. Geirvaldr don't take no asthma notes from no doctors. Neither does Helblindi's brother. Which side? A side in a conflict is like a career: it picks you. Who were you before the fracas? That's who you are in the fracas, in terms of loyalties.

Wintruz

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
My two pence: The pull downwards will continue to slowly increase over the coming centuries, making it harder and harder for each new generation to find and comprehend the knowledge which would liberate them (even in terms of material intelligence,
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
). Eventually, this will reach a point of catastrophic mismanagement; as much as humans would like to be apes again, a "little knowledge is a dangerous thing" and they cannot safely return to the animal kingdom. By then, anything that can be "saved" will have been. The shells that are left here will doubtlessly drag their knuckles lower and lower until the planet falls into the sun.

This being said, I'm not closed to the idea of divine intervention. That, however, is what it would take.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
do you think that there will be a “final” confrontation?
I think that in cultural/religious/political terms that it's an obsessive idea with great appeal capable of promoting stronger work ethics, a warrior spirit and head bowing social paranoia, but only in terms of epoch procrastination. That is, in a similar sense of the explorers seeking El Dorado, they were always told by the locals, "It's further on...further on."

ultimate fight between the sides (such as the armageddon or the ragnarok) or all will just persist this way?
Perhaps there are intermediate forces with an interest in maintaining persistence and suspense.

if so, would you take part in it, if you were given the chance?

I'd be happy to ride the bomb.
Slim-pickens_riding-the-bomb_enh-lores.jpg

and what side would you pick according to your believes and vision?
Actually, I think in a future apocalypse upon this Earth, if I had to choose between Morlocks and land-walking Squidlings, I would probably be on the fence much as I am now. I'm more of a spectator. That may seem absurd, but I feel that this world has seen its end so many times and been reborn that it is just a natural flow of things, or it is intentional on a much higher arc. Probably in our current cosmic expansion rooted in the initial contest between matter and anti-matter playing itself out over and over again in the patterns of our corporeality.
That's not to say I'm not strapped.

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I believe that all souls will continue, we will all ascend to the pleroma but material life will continue and souls will continue to divide themselves from the divine ineffable source, good and evil will persist, at least for another (throwing out a number) at least another 1.2B years. From then, I think there will still be more, if not in this universe then another. Just a conjecture. Not based on any facts.
Post automatically merged:

My soul seeks knowledge so I may be on the side of the demiurge/Yaldaboth/Sakra, unless I learn better and decide I can learn more from a different source. The material world is where I am now so 🤷‍♂️ maybe I won’t be back, maybe I will. I don’t think it’s up for “me” in this current life to decide. It’s what my soul our higher self decides.

Last edited:

Sabbatius

Apprentice
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I honestly believe we will continue to live out our lives, watch governments and countries collapse- then rise again. We will watch events happen such as catastrophes like plagues, famine, pestilence, eruptions, earthquakes and everything natural we witness past and present. We will witness population decreases, then an increase to the point where some may say that we are overpopulated, which I find amusing.

But I do not believe in an Armageddon nor Ragnarök or Rapture, Second Coming nor Star Alignment, or any other Apocalyptic event to happen. The only things I see happening is that we will eventually have to deal with a reset on this planet, such as a catastrophe so large that we are wiped out, or some astronomical event happens and our planet is obliterated in the process. Otherwise, look at all these apocalyptic literary texts as a cycle of human events, showing a rebirth. King Solomon the Great Magus stated "there is nothing new under the sun."

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I honestly believe we will continue to live out our lives, watch governments and countries collapse- then rise again. We will watch events happen such as catastrophes like plagues, famine, pestilence, eruptions, earthquakes and everything natural we witness past and present. We will witness population decreases, then an increase to the point where some may say that we are overpopulated, which I find amusing.

But I do not believe in an Armageddon nor Ragnarök or Rapture, Second Coming nor Star Alignment, or any other Apocalyptic event to happen. The only things I see happening is that we will eventually have to deal with a reset on this planet, such as a catastrophe so large that we are wiped out, or some astronomical event happens and our planet is obliterated in the process. Otherwise, look at all these apocalyptic literary texts as a cycle of human events, showing a rebirth. King Solomon the Great Magus stated "there is nothing new under the sun."
Actually Ragnarok was conceived of as a reset, in the Voluspa Prophecy at any rate. Baldr returns, the "few Asir return to the bright plane of Ida," regrave lost runes and all is well (for a time.) Which more or less fits with your notion of catharsis through cataclysm.

I don't quite follow your, "some may say that we are overpopulated, which I find amusing." Eventually population self-corrects., sure. But there is a legitimate worry that we'll permanently impair the biosphere before the needed die-off takes place.

Sabbatius

Apprentice
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I don't quite follow your, "some may say that we are overpopulated, which I find amusing." Eventually population self-corrects., sure. But there is a legitimate worry that we'll permanently impair the biosphere before the needed die-off takes place.
Currently, in the United States alone, we have 1.9 billion acres of land, technically 2.4 billion if we include waterways and lakes. This is just the United States alone- not including Canada or Mexico. We could feasibly give roughly about 1/4 of the population an acre of land just in the United States. The issue is not overpopulation but we centralize and overpopulate civic centres, i.e. Metropolis. People are not into being as rural or agricultural as we used to be. This is why I am hesitant to the overpopulation scare, which is what was being preached to me as an end to our world back in the late 70's/early 80's.

Morell

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Final confrontation means end and end means the beginning. I once took a moment to think about Christian concept of the end and soon I was laughing, because it was just as cyclical in the end as Norse paganism.
What I got to? If Christianity were true, when the old world is destroyed and all pure people get into paradise, what happens is that as they live there, they over time forget about sins so completely, that when suddenly a chance comes, they will sin, (snake or not doesn't really matter) just as innocently and cluelessly as Adam and Eve did and here we go again.

Robert Ramsay

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
(even in terms of material intelligence,
).
I was fascinated to read that article. I personally blame the IQ test, for being as out of date for measuring intelligence, as the BMI is for measuring whether you are too thin or too fat.

This last part caught me:
There's also technology.
, performed by researchers at the University of Texas at Austin, found people could retain and process data significantly better if their smartphones were in another room. Just turning their phone off, or even hiding it in a pocket or bag, didn't work; phone owners still suffered brain drain when their device was nearby.
How could that be directly related to the technology? This looks to me like a completely magical effect; a nocebo of some sort.

As for 'The End' my strongest suspicion is, as Frank Zappa put it: "It won't blow up, or disappear; it'll just turn ugly for a thousand years"

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Currently, in the United States alone, we have 1.9 billion acres of land, technically 2.4 billion if we include waterways and lakes. This is just the United States alone- not including Canada or Mexico. We could feasibly give roughly about 1/4 of the population an acre of land just in the United States. The issue is not overpopulation but we centralize and overpopulate civic centres, i.e. Metropolis. People are not into being as rural or agricultural as we used to be. This is why I am hesitant to the overpopulation scare, which is what was being preached to me as an end to our world back in the late 70's/early 80's.
Enjoy your blue pill, sir.

Sabbatius

Apprentice
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Enjoy your blue pill, sir.
Considering I am swimming against the popular current of Malthusian fear, I see it for what it is. I am definitely red pilling this one.