• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

The Moon and Goetia?

nightly

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I read that one should be observant of the moon (i suppose here its referring to the phases of the moon) when drawing the circle for summoning Solomonic demons
Is there any relation or something like that between the two? and if so, how do we work with it?

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
Waxing moon is where you should do the evocations with the goetic spirits.

Waning moon, avoid doing goetic evocation.

This is how it should be done :)

Full Moon is the best i’ve heard.

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
The idea is that psychic powers / your ability to perceive the Demons increases during the waxing moon.
Plus, if you were doing it in the middle of the night, outside, 500 years ago, the light of the moon would also help you see the circle you are tracing and read the conjurations from your book without having to draw attention to yourself with a lantern. "Hey everybody, I'm doing something forbidden here!"

Aeternus

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Well, the Moon, when used in Goetic practice has a lot of significance.

The Moon's Waxing phase, like @Yazata said can help you have a clear contact with Demons.

The Moon in the Goetia has another big significance, and that is that it is associated with a lot of Demons, one of them being Naamah, the companion of Lilith.

Also, all the Marquises of Hell are associated at some point with the Moon

Sabbatius

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I read that one should be observant of the moon (i suppose here its referring to the phases of the moon) when drawing the circle for summoning Solomonic demons
Is there any relation or something like that between the two? and if so, how do we work with it?
Much depends on what Solomonic manual you plan to use. However, there are more correspondences than just the lunar phase to plan on if you plan to be "exact" in your methods i.e Planetary, Directional, Elemental, Zodiac, Color, Metal, Date, Time, etc. and all this depends on which particular spirit you wish to conjure.

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
The idea is that psychic powers / your ability to perceive the Demons increases during the waxing moon.
Plus, if you were doing it in the middle of the night, outside, 500 years ago, the light of the moon would also help you see the circle you are tracing and read the conjurations from your book without having to draw attention to yourself with a lantern. "Hey everybody, I'm doing something forbidden here!"

I do evocations at waxing but avoid doing it on waning moon, that is how it is written, but why? Maybe someone someday has an emergency and is in need of an operation, would it be a failure doing it on waning moon in your opinion?

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
No it wouldn't be a failure unless you do it expecting to fail. I know from your history with Bune that you won't have a problem.
I am currently doing a ritual that requires me to do 31 days of evocation in a row, and I generally only pay attention to the moon phase / Mansion if that is strictly necessary.
If I believed / had found out that Goetia can really only be done on the even days of the waxing moon, I would have written "in my experience blabla" or "it's my opinion that yada yada" 😉

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
No it wouldn't be a failure unless you do it expecting to fail. I know from your history with Bune that you won't have a problem.
I am currently doing a ritual that requires me to do 31 days of evocation in a row, and I generally only pay attention to the moon phase / Mansion if that is strictly necessary.
If I believed / had found out that Goetia can really only be done on the even days of the waxing moon, I would have written "in my experience blabla" or "it's my opinion that yada yada" 😉
Thanks for your answer!
31 days of evocation in row is impressive, because stamina is needed for this, you don’t have to go into details if you do not want to, but is it One spirit you call 31 days in row?I hope you find success :)