• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

The Path to Yourself as God

Anziel_Merkaba

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Yourself as God, the Higher Self, Holy Guardian Angel, ect.

All of these are one in the same, just with slightly different contexts depending on the method of practice the term you are using comes from. There are two paths that lead to realizing Yourself as God, although it's really one path in the end. People do the Abramelin operation to evoke their Highest Self, binding themselves to it in a method that's more external than theurgical, although still rooted in theurgy in outcome if not in practice. Others pathwork their way through the Tree of Life with internal operations and realize their Highest Self within them. There are even more ways than the two I've shared, but all of them have one thing in common, conflating your Highest Self and your incarnated self (you as you are right now), and blurring the lines between yourself and Yourself as God.

In the end, regardless of if you follow an external or internal route towards unifying with your Highest Self, at the end up the day it's ultimately a theurgical operation that is more-or-less a blatant power grab... although in actuality it's just realizing the power you already possessed.

All paths lead to the same goal, and all goals are from the same root, even if the way there seems different.

Just something to think about when you're pondering your orbs or whatever wizards do nowadays in their spare time.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Coincidentally, I'm currently reading "The Practical Art of Divine Magic" by Patrick Dunn (it's in the Library) about theurgy. On p. 34 he gives an exercise based on a passage taken from the Corpus Hermeticum XI:20:

Enlarge yourself to an unmeasurable size, leaping out
from the whole body, and, having transcended time,
become Eternity, and you will know the Divine.
Think that nothing is impossible to you; consider
yourself to be immortal and able to understand
everything: all arts, all sciences, all the ways of life;
become the highest of the heights, and the lowest of
the depths. Gather together all the sense perceptions
of objects in yourself, of fire and water, dry and wet,
and in the same way, be everywhere—in earth, in
sea, and in the heavens. Be not yet existing. Be in
the womb, newborn, old, dead, and that which
is after death. And understanding all such things
the same—time, place, events, qualities, quantities—
then you will be able to know the Divine.

I might very well make this exercise part of my daily practice. If these lines are not empowering, I don't know what is.

Anziel_Merkaba

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Coincidentally, I'm currently reading "The Practical Art of Divine Magic" by Patrick Dunn (it's in the Library) about theurgy. On p. 34 he gives an exercise based on a passage taken from the Corpus Hermeticum XI:20:

I might very well make this exercise part of my daily practice. If these lines are not empowering, I don't know what is.
That's actually a really good passage to draw inspiration from. I know I've created exercises with that sort of concept in mind to further my practice; I need to write up some of them to post here.

Becoming Yourself as God/All is the goal after all, it's just that the path you take to get there is often circuitous, and even if you fail in life, you still reach it when you die. That's one of the wildest things about this; you reach this state naturally with your death, but the goal of theurgical practices is to reach that point while still living, so as to be able to do things with the authority it gives you besides wait for your soul to process into your next incarnation.

I actually have what some might call a weird take but I think the 'soul' is just an amalgamation of fragments of God. And when you die, bits and pieces of your incarnation get shuffled around with other fragments of other peoples' 'soul' as a sort of process that naturally occurs before your next incarnation. Technically this will mean that we are all reincarnations of all people from all times, but it also rectifies the past life stuff with the fact that there are many people who remember themselves having the same past life. It also solves the issue of cleansing the soul of the memories of any given incarnation before the next one so as to have a clean slate, and it tracks with everyone being part of God/All that the Abrahamic faiths and Buddhism claim.

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Yourself as God, the Higher Self, Holy Guardian Angel, ect.

All of these are one in the same, just with slightly different contexts depending on the method of practice the term you are using comes from. There are two paths that lead to realizing Yourself as God, although it's really one path in the end. People do the Abramelin operation to evoke their Highest Self, binding themselves to it in a method that's more external than theurgical, although still rooted in theurgy in outcome if not in practice. Others pathwork their way through the Tree of Life with internal operations and realize their Highest Self within them. There are even more ways than the two I've shared, but all of them have one thing in common, conflating your Highest Self and your incarnated self (you as you are right now), and blurring the lines between yourself and Yourself as God.

In the end, regardless of if you follow an external or internal route towards unifying with your Highest Self, at the end up the day it's ultimately a theurgical operation that is more-or-less a blatant power grab... although in actuality it's just realizing the power you already possessed.

All paths lead to the same goal, and all goals are from the same root, even if the way there seems different.

Just something to think about when you're pondering your orbs or whatever wizards do nowadays in their spare time.
Are you at the goal? You, I mean? Now, already? Otherwise it's just wishful thinking to say all paths lead to the same goal. If an Uber driver pulled that, I'd get out at the next corner.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I actually have what some might call a weird take but I think the 'soul' is just an amalgamation of fragments of God. And when you die, bits and pieces of your incarnation get shuffled around with other fragments of other peoples' 'soul' as a sort of process that naturally occurs before your next incarnation.

That's kind of my take as well. For me, theurgy is a means to experience something infinitely greater than I am and use this experience to give me reliable insights into what I am and what I could become in this incarnation.

There is also this quote from a free e-book called "The Temple of Solomon Crash Course in Hermetic Magic" by a Frater F.C. (it's in the Library) stuck in my mind since I first read it:

"Theurgy is the “weightlifting” of magic and spirituality and will greatly enhance your ability to command spirits, do magic, as well as understanding
your place in the universe."

So there is also a purely utilitarian aspect to theurgy as well - you practice it in order to become better at thaumaturgy, and you don't supplicate the gods like a religious person but deal with them as an equal. At least that's how I imagine it works, I'm still new to this game (after decades of armchair magicianship).

Zackalope

Neophyte
Reaction score
That's kind of my take as well. For me, theurgy is a means to experience something infinitely greater than I am and use this experience to give me reliable insights into what I am and what I could become in this incarnation.

There is also this quote from a free e-book called "The Temple of Solomon Crash Course in Hermetic Magic" by a Frater F.C. (it's in the Library) stuck in my mind since I first read it:

"Theurgy is the “weightlifting” of magic and spirituality and will greatly enhance your ability to command spirits, do magic, as well as understanding
your place in the universe."

So there is also a purely utilitarian aspect to theurgy as well - you practice it in order to become better at thaumaturgy, and you don't supplicate the gods like a religious person but deal with them as an equal. At least that's how I imagine it works, I'm still new to this game (after decades of armchair magicianship).
I agree with this sentiment near the end entirely. Since the formation of my practice I felt it was important, but more so demanded from the spirits I worked with, that I walk alongside them not behind. When working with the powers that reside in you inherently, it can become an easy crutch to ask for aid from the spirits in return for reverence or supplication, as it is not easy to draw those abilities out and not everyone can accomplish this goal. Only those who do not rely on their handouts yet still pay their respects and ask guidance from them catch their eye in my experience, well that or those who are truly able to work genuine miracles with the table scraps given.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Yourself as God, the Higher Self, Holy Guardian Angel, ect

All of these are one in the same, just with slightly different contexts..........evoke their Highest Self
They are the same in the sense that they are all part of Spirit.

In my experience however, they do have quite different design functionality

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards

This is fascinating stuff. Defining 'God' as being able to map yourself onto all existence.

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
This is fascinating stuff. Defining 'God' as being able to map yourself onto all existence.
Kind of reminds me of Wilt Chamberlain and the female slice of humanity.
Post automatically merged:

Like Wilt Chamberlain and all women?

Double post. My bad. (Xeno's HGA to Higher Self: "Have Xenophon warn himself and show contritition.)

Last edited:

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Kind of reminds me of Wilt Chamberlain and the female slice of humanity.

Like Wilt Chamberlain and all women?

Double post. My bad. (Xeno's HGA to Higher Self: "Have Xenophon warn himself and show contritition.)
I think there's a difference between wanting to shag everything and wanting to be everything :)

I had to look up who Wilt Chamberlain was.