• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

The real problem with 'the secret'

Irish Bard

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I do believe there is a law of attraction, I do believe putting out intentions is VERY important (would I be here of all places otherwise?)

But here is why I think 'the secret' is a steaming pile of BS.

'Visualise the sports car you want constantly, make the sports car your world, surround yourself with images of the sports car...'

What YOU'RE ACTUALLY doing.

I am nothing until I have the sports car.

I am NOT an infinitely complex being with a mind and soul that reveal their infinite depths piece by piece minute by minute.

The shiny red mechanical penis metaphor that I know is just a trick to confer some imaginary status and lie to the ego (and I know, I know no matter how hard I pretend otherwise) is my lord and master, and I am its unworthy servant.

Rant over!

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know much about Law of Attraction. When a couple of years ago I saw a German version of the oracle deck for 5 euro (or something) I bought it.
The problem I have is in interpreting the texts on those cards. They're so vague that any result can be explained by it. The last card I picked about a month ago was 22. It reads "it doesn't matter if you want it or not (...) you will get that which you wish for and you will get that which you absolutely don't wish for."
So. Whatever happens; you wanted it. Or maybe you didn't want it. Result. Bla bla..