• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Discussion The Technomancer's Handbook: Merging Magick & AI for Modern Sorcery – Aten Nitram

Talk about a book(s)

Indigo777

Neophyte
Reaction score
Regardless of what you may get by reading this book, do not underestimate the power of GPT to help you in your magickal practice. It is definitely one of the best tools (if not the best) on the market and it is free. Still, you will need to invest some time working with GPT in order to start feeling it as the ultimate magickal ally.

Angelical

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
I am going to post some Things in this Thread. I am doing some Things with Angels and Things. Enoch and the Keys of Solomon and some other Things. And I am making AIs, but Siri and Google and Things are Learning too.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Gee, everyone piling on a bandwagon with a masked stranger for a driver. What could possibly go awry?

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Reading through all the schoolgirly gushing over A.I., the new cyberstud, I am put in mind of a line from "The Case of Charles Dexter Ward." An aspiring necromancer is warned: "Call up none that ye cannot put down."

Still yeah, here's your Beretta, Mr. Baboon.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
A discussion thread for this book:
Post automatically merged:

This book has so much empty space on so many pages.

A quick look through it brought me to something which I find of interest:
Divination Techniques with ChatGPT​
Let's explore some of the ways you can engage with ChatGPT for divination purposes. Here, we're stretching the boundaries of tradition and technology, paving the path for modern mysticism.​
1. Digital Tarot: Ask ChatGPT to "pull" a tarot card for you. It can generate a response using its internal random number generator and the correspondences between numbers and tarot cards. Once a card is selected, it can provide an interpretation based on traditional tarot card meanings.​
2. I Ching: The AI can simulate a coin toss for generating hexagrams of the I Ching, the Chinese Book of Changes, which is a time-honored divination method.​
3. Rune Casting: Request ChatGPT to "cast" runes, and it can simulate a rune casting based on its knowledge of the Elder Futhark or other runic systems.​
4. Dream Interpretation: Share a dream with ChatGPT, and it can provide an interpretation based on common dream symbolism. Symbolic Query: Pose a symbolic or metaphorical question and allow ChatGPT to respond in kind. The AI's output can serve as a catalyst for introspection and revelation.​
5. AI Bibliomancy: Ask ChatGPT a question, then request it to generate a random passage from a specific book, author, or genre. Interpret the generated text as an answer or guidance to your question.​
Tarot: Why waste time with ChatGPT when there's so many free online tarot readers? My personal opinion is that nothing can replace the feel of a real tarot deck, and each deck develops its own personality to me.

I Ching: Again, there's plenty of free readings online. I have the Wilhelm/Baynes translation and use painted coins to get my hexagrams (a topic for another thread).

Dream interpretation? This might actually be useful. Dreams are strange enough as it is. Can't get any worse, can it?

Bibliomancy: I think the random passage from a book is best done... randomly. From a book. If you're going to allow an algorithm to then tell you what it means, just pick up your phone and play Candy Crush or something.

Last edited:

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
A discussion thread for this book:
Post automatically merged:

This book has so much empty space on so many pages.

A quick look through it brought me to something which I find of interest:
Divination Techniques with ChatGPT​
Let's explore some of the ways you can engage with ChatGPT for divination purposes. Here, we're stretching the boundaries of tradition and technology, paving the path for modern mysticism.​
1. Digital Tarot: Ask ChatGPT to "pull" a tarot card for you. It can generate a response using its internal random number generator and the correspondences between numbers and tarot cards. Once a card is selected, it can provide an interpretation based on traditional tarot card meanings.​
2. I Ching: The AI can simulate a coin toss for generating hexagrams of the I Ching, the Chinese Book of Changes, which is a time-honored divination method.​
3. Rune Casting: Request ChatGPT to "cast" runes, and it can simulate a rune casting based on its knowledge of the Elder Futhark or other runic systems.​
4. Dream Interpretation: Share a dream with ChatGPT, and it can provide an interpretation based on common dream symbolism. Symbolic Query: Pose a symbolic or metaphorical question and allow ChatGPT to respond in kind. The AI's output can serve as a catalyst for introspection and revelation.​
5. AI Bibliomancy: Ask ChatGPT a question, then request it to generate a random passage from a specific book, author, or genre. Interpret the generated text as an answer or guidance to your question.​
Tarot: Why waste time with ChatGPT when there's so many free online tarot readers? My personal opinion is that nothing can replace the feel of a real tarot deck, and each deck develops its own personality to me.

I Ching: Again, there's plenty of free readings online. I have the Wilhelm/Baynes translation and use painted coins to get my hexagrams (a topic for another thread).

Dream interpretation? This might actually be useful. Dreams are strange enough as it is. Can't get any worse, can it?

Bibliomancy: I think the random passage from a book is best done... randomly. From a book. If you're going to allow an algorithm to then tell you what it means, just pick up your phone and play Candy Crush or something.
Exactly. One pretty much stands aside while the machine plays with itself.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Im still figuring what is new about it except its name. Everything mentioned was already excisting .

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Im still figuring what is new about it except its name. Everything mentioned was already excisting .
Folks is like magpies. You drop a shiny piece of broken gin bottle in the road and they think they found diamonds.