• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Thoughts on CANZUK?

Wintruz

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
is the proposed union of Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom into one political union while retaining state autonomy. It would mean recognition/regularisation of laws and qualifications, limitless free trade and free movement for citizens between these four countries. It would also mean a joint foreign policy and military alliance, which already exists via NATO and AUKUS but it would essentially involve the regularisation of the militaries of these nations into one super-army, with British nuclear weapons permanently being held by Australia as well as the UK mainland. This would bolster Australia's security in the South China Sea and, via the UK, would make CANZUK a nuclear power, potentially the second most powerful military entity in the world after the United States. Through Britain, Canada, Australia and New Zealand would gain a permanent seat on the UN security council. If it were founded today, the CANZUK union would be the third richest entity in the world after the United States and the EU (for as long as it's with us). The UK has the largest economy of the four by some distance but that money would be stratified through investment across the four countries, massively increasing and equalising the wealth of all four nations.

Much of CANZUK would simply be enshrining and strengthening existing realities: these four countries are exceptionally close culturally and geopolitically. They share a mutual intelligence network in Five Eyes, speak the same language, have the same monarch and have deep person-to-person ties. Early feedback suggests that there would be huge public support for this union in all four countries (though it's lower in the UK than the other three - still well over 60% favourability). Quietly, politicians in the four countries are working on this proposed union, including former Australian PMs Tony Abbott and Scott Morrison, the entire conservative party of Canada and much of the Liberal Party, Jacinda Ardern and large parts of the British political establishment. Some say Brexit happened so that CANZUK could happen.

There is strong bipartisan support from the United States which would hugely benefit if America's closest allies consolidated their power into one unified entity. The United States would see CANZUK as a potential second superpower to counter the new Axis of China, Russia, Iran and North Korea (CRINK). If America and CANZUK took a more isolationist turn, they could trade between each other without any need to trade with the outside world, such would be the strength of the union. Initially, there was a proposal that America would join too (CANZUKUS) but the differences in American politics are too great to enter a union of this sort. Perhaps there's also a sense that stratifying power across two entities might be better than locating it all in one. Japan, Singapore, Scandinavia and the Netherlands are also strongly supportive. China and her supporters are strongly opposed and are already trying to ferment opposition, largely through targeting New Zealand's large Maori population and describing CANZUK as Anglosphere world domination.

Do you live in one of the CANZUK nations? Thoughts? Alternatively, what's the view from America?

Xenophon

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
is the proposed union of Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom into one political union while retaining state autonomy. It would mean recognition/regularisation of laws and qualifications, limitless free trade and free movement for citizens between these four countries. It would also mean a joint foreign policy and military alliance, which already exists via NATO and AUKUS but it would essentially involve the regularisation of the militaries of these nations into one super-army, with British nuclear weapons permanently being held by Australia as well as the UK mainland. This would bolster Australia's security in the South China Sea and, via the UK, would make CANZUK a nuclear power, potentially the second most powerful military entity in the world after the United States. Through Britain, Canada, Australia and New Zealand would gain a permanent seat on the UN security council. If it were founded today, the CANZUK union would be the third richest entity in the world after the United States and the EU (for as long as it's with us). The UK has the largest economy of the four by some distance but that money would be stratified through investment across the four countries, massively increasing and equalising the wealth of all four nations.

Much of CANZUK would simply be enshrining and strengthening existing realities: these four countries are exceptionally close culturally and geopolitically. They share a mutual intelligence network in Five Eyes, speak the same language, have the same monarch and have deep person-to-person ties. Early feedback suggests that there would be huge public support for this union in all four countries (though it's lower in the UK than the other three - still well over 60% favourability). Quietly, politicians in the four countries are working on this proposed union, including former Australian PMs Tony Abbott and Scott Morrison, the entire conservative party of Canada and much of the Liberal Party, Jacinda Ardern and large parts of the British political establishment. Some say Brexit happened so that CANZUK could happen.

There is strong bipartisan support from the United States which would hugely benefit if America's closest allies consolidated their power into one unified entity. The United States would see CANZUK as a potential second superpower to counter the new Axis of China, Russia, Iran and North Korea (CRINK). If America and CANZUK took a more isolationist turn, they could trade between each other without any need to trade with the outside world, such would be the strength of the union. Initially, there was a proposal that America would join too (CANZUKUS) but the differences in American politics are too great to enter a union of this sort. Perhaps there's also a sense that stratifying power across two entities might be better than locating it all in one. Japan, Singapore, Scandinavia and the Netherlands are also strongly supportive. China and her supporters are strongly opposed and are already trying to ferment opposition, largely through targeting New Zealand's large Maori population and describing CANZUK as Anglosphere hegemony.

Do you live in one of the CANZUK nations? Thoughts? Alternatively, what's the view from America?
I was born American, but have long considered them the mortal enemy of everything I stand for. I see the proposal for what it is: an opening move in the JWO's forthcoming World War Three.

Wintruz

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I was born American, but have long considered them the mortal enemy of everything I stand for. I see the proposal for what it is: an opening move in the JWO's forthcoming World War Three.
Rather than a continuation of the forces that have been at play since 1945, I see this, actually, as contradictory step to the present world order and into something that's essentially Western. The prototype is obviously the British Empire but it's evolved that into a kind of union of equals on the basis of shared identity, culture and history. I think the fact of that would counter the American notion that consumerism is the purpose of life and, with Americans increasingly dissatisfied with that dogma, it would be a gentle reminder of some older truths. I'm in favour.

Robert Ramsay

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I'm from the UK; it'll never wash with all the twats who voted for Brexit.

Wintruz

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I would say the inverse. After Brexit, alliances are increasingly important for Britain and this would perhaps be a way of offsetting "Regrexit". Interestingly, it's largely deriving support from Brexiteer politicians...

Xenophon

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Rather than a continuation of the forces that have been at play since 1945, I see this, actually, as contradictory step to the present world order and into something that's essentially Western. The prototype is obviously the British Empire but it's evolved that into a kind of union of equals on the basis of shared identity, culture and history. I think the fact of that would counter the American notion that consumerism is the purpose of life and, with Americans increasingly dissatisfied with that dogma, it would be a gentle reminder of some older truths. I'm in favour.
I was going to ask why those countries changed their minds about Empire now. But look at Canada, Australia, and the UK now. Shared identity, culture &c are exactly what is under ruthless attack from the countries' entrenched leadership.
Post automatically merged:

Why complain about Brexit? The EU is only a short ferry ride away. You can resume wearing your wonted chains there.

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
With closer ties, maybe the British could acquire culture from one of their colonies.

Xenophon

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
With closer ties, maybe the British could acquire culture from one of their colonies.
My daddy was born in Canada. It didn't really work out for him, the whole culture trip. (OK, the Jesuits at his school did dose him with an appreciation for some classical literature, but that was scarcely a Canadian accomplishment.) Last I heard, the Brits were in the midst of 文化自杀。("Cultural suicide," but it rhymes so nicely in Chinese), and have just about entered tertiary stage. (The Mayor of London latterly complained that a teenage rape victim was "hindering diversity" with her criminal complaint against...what were Kipling's exact words? "Lesser breeds without the law.")

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I feel like this could work really well with a few tweaks, eg having the UK jointly administered by India, Ireland, and Nigeria.

Xenophon

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I feel like this could work really well with a few tweaks, eg having the UK jointly administered by India, Ireland, and Nigeria.
I know a number of Chinese petroleum engineers who have worked in Nigeria. The locals can't manage themselves. Other than revenge for their own self-inflicted incompetence, what would be the point of the exercise of having this Triumvirate running England? Besides which, the Subcontinent's diaspora already rules a good chunk of the UK's state apparatus; the Nigerians, et.al, the streets. Aside from Schadenfreude, what inspires you to want to see Boko Haram in Whitehall?

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I know a number of Chinese petroleum engineers who have worked in Nigeria.

And you believe those Judeo-Bolsheviks, why?

Aside from Schadenfreude, what inspires you to want to see Boko Haram in Whitehall?

Salafism ruling taking over the government that did so much to help it proliferate actually does make a certain amount of sense.

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not criticizing this statement for anti-semitisim. I'm criticizing it for incomprehensibility.

I’m not saying it makes sense, but sometimes to communicate you have to meet people where they are.

Wintruz

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Whoa! Don't rub yourself too hard there! Use plenty of lube. Save some seed; Sidney Rittenberg's birthday is coming up.

Also, as if this hasn't been the way the UK has been run for decades and the pendulum weren't slowly swinging back to sanity. Also, also:

"MarXiSm iS ab0uT liFTing uP ALL huManity!1! ItS n0t aBout iRRatioNaL biLE toWaRds THOSE tHat makE us fEEL inFerioR! hoNest it iSN't!"

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Whoa! Don't rub yourself too hard there! Use plenty of lube. Save some seed; Sidney Rittenberg's birthday is coming up.

Also, as if this hasn't been the way the UK has been run for decades and the pendulum weren't slowly swinging back to sanity. Also, also:

"MarXiSm iS ab0uT liFTing uP ALL huManity!1! ItS n0t aBout iRRatioNaL biLE toWaRds THOSE tHat makE us fEEL inFerioR! hoNest it iSN't!"
316px-John_Bull_-_World_War_I_recruiting_poster.jpeg

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Sir, please. As a post-Communist, I never believed in resisting corporatocracy because of "inferiority".

Han Fei says:
The ruler of one thousand chariots, if not on his guard, would find close by him vassals of one hundred chariots aiming to shake his authority and upset his country. The ruler of ten thousand chariots, if not on his guard, would find close by him vassals of one thousand chariots aiming to shake his authority and upset his country. That being so, wicked ministers can multiply while the sway of the sovereign declines. Therefore, the territorial expansion of the feudal lords leads to the damnation of the Son of Heaven; the extraordinary wealth of ministers leads to the downfall of the ruler. Hence generals and ministers who would leave the sovereign's interests behind and prosper the welfare of their own families instead, should be ousted by the ruler of men.

Of old, the ruin of Chow and the fall of Chou were both due to the territorial expansion of the feudal lords; the partition of Chin as well as the usurpation of Ch`i was due to the extraordinary wealth of ministers. So were the regicides in Yen and Sung, indeed. Thus, whether in the cases of Yin and Chou or in the cases of Chin and Ch`i, or in the modern cases of Yen and Sung, the same reason never failed to hold true.

Xenophon

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
And you believe those Judeo-Bolsheviks, why?

Salafism ruling taking over the government that did so much to help it proliferate actually does make a certain amount of sense.
Why believe them? Well, even the mainstream news tends to support what they say. Likewise petroleum engineers are a pretty non-ideological lot. Finally, I have been in come shit here and there. It's not so hard to separate true war-stories from false.

I say there Wintruz, stack more mealie bags along the laager's flank there. I see the impi extending its horns and forming up in this thread's near distance. Things could get nasty here shortly. Remember, save the last round for yourself.

Why believe them? Well, even the mainstream news tends to support what they say. Likewise petroleum engineers are a pretty non-ideological lot. Finally, I have been in come shit here and there. It's not so hard to separate true war-stories from false.

I say there Wintruz, stack more mealie bags along the laager's flank there. I see the impi extending its horns and forming up in this thread's near distance. Things could get nasty here shortly. Remember, save the last round for yourself.
Apologies. That should have been "some shit," not "come shit."

Last edited:

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I hope you don't expect anything thing from me, I cannot be fucked to argue literal Marxism.

Xenophon

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I hope you don't expect anything thing from me, I cannot be fucked to argue literal Marxism.
Don't worry, Jackie me boy-o. I expect little from you already.

In any case, the man from Braunau am Inn had the only possible rejoinder to the creed in question.