• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Thoughts on Life & Practice!

Everyone's got one.

Asteriskos

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
For some time now I've been kind of pleased in the respect that I haven't Had to do any Specific magic. I have a relatively concise daily practice, twice daily, nothing ostentatious or outrageous. Things really do kinda roll along pretty much Above any kind of concern. To be clear, I'm going back "quite" a while here. Then, something occurred relatively recently that I had noticed, but wasn't going to bother intervening / interacting with, but it slowly became apparent that it was something that "Dominus Umbrarum" was tapping me with. Ah, an opportunity to exercise my Sorcerous Inclinations, Yes? The details are not important, but actually were personal to myself. The outcome manifested in two Synchronous events, one the very Next Day, and followup "coup de grace" slightly later. That's been some months back now, circumstances are exactly as the were prior to that "episode".

So... I think what's so amazing here is that those of us that have been at this a While generally find that over time we actually don't have the same need to "alter reality" as we do when we're new to practice, it's reassuring that we may be doing Something right! Huh? ;)

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I like that and heard something similar yesterday, “manifestation is more easily done when Internally shifting to a degree where you’re no longer dependent upon seeing reality change”
-Nero Knowledge
This I think goes along with practice, trial and error and as he states, the more separation between you and your “need” the more energy you use, but when that “need” becomes a want, your desired goal takes less energy to manifest. It’s about bridging the gap mentally.

Asteriskos

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I like that and heard something similar yesterday, “manifestation is more easily done when Internally shifting to a degree where you’re no longer dependent upon seeing reality change”
-Nero Knowledge
This I think goes along with practice, trial and error and as he states, the more separation between you and your “need” the more energy you use, but when that “need” becomes a want, your desired goal takes less energy to manifest. It’s about bridging the gap mentally.
Many things in your so called regular life Change when you've been at this for a While! There is No Dichotomy in my life between Life and Magic, Absolutely None, nor my Wife's for that matter.
Thanks for your observation/s I'm pleased someone "gets" where I'm coming from! ;)