• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Three possibly passable Magic Movie Classics?

Everyone's got one.

Asteriskos

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I was looking through some ".mp4's" in my collection recently and decided to see what other folks think of these three movies:

1.) Roger Corman's "The Raven", Vincent Price, et al. - My Favorite, got Humor, got Hazel Court!

2.) The Devil Rides Out, Christopher Lee, et al. The Antagonist is an evil "Ipsissimus", How Cool is That?

3.) Night of the Demon (B&W) - Curse of the Demon (Color), Dana Andrews, et al. - The Worst special effects in Magical Movie History?

szamatlii

Neophyte
Reaction score
Haven't seen the first two, I have to admit, but I really liked the special effects in Night of the Demon lol. I thought the fire eruption was pretty jarring. If a demon really materialized in a similar way, it might not look like normal Earth fire. Might look pretty wonky, man. Demon might look like a fuckin rabid Muppet, too.

Asteriskos

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Haven't seen the first two, I have to admit, but I really liked the special effects in Night of the Demon lol. I thought the fire eruption was pretty jarring. If a demon really materialized in a similar way, it might not look like normal Earth fire. Might look pretty wonky, man. Demon might look like a fuckin rabid Muppet, too.
I like them too! There are some details if memory serves, maybe on IMDB about the special effects, the Director wanted to "Punch the Effects
Creator in the Face", that's pretty Close to what he said, and How he Felt! :ROFLMAO: But the effects got accepted, I guess by the Producer/s, the rest is
Occult Movie History! 🤘