• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Tiny Floating Ring

Someone's asking for help!

ryen

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Not sure if this is related to anything magical/spiritual yet as I haven’t really had the chance to investigate and consult my spirits about it. But I figured I’d ask to see if anyone has any idea what it might be. My girlfriend and I were taking a hike yesterday through this really nice botanical garden thats part of this nearby college when the strangest thing happened. As we were walking, out of nowehere this tiny, white floating ring appeared in front of us. It was maybe about 1-2” in diameter. Looked liked a super dense smoke ring, almost like a foam.

What was really odd was that this ring sorta had its own mind. It was a bit breezy so I expected it to break apart. But it maintained its opacity and sorta navigated with the winds. It would form into a perfect circle but then slightly disort as the wind moved it, always maintaining its form. I was super relieved when I realized my gf was also perplexed by it. We tried to follow it but it disappeared into or near a building in the college. We followed it for a solid 2 minutes. I wish I would’ve pulled my phone out to snap a pic but we were just so fascinated by it that it was the last thing I was thinking.

If it helps, for some background, the garden has a unique vibe to it. Fast running creek that zig-zags through it, very tropical plants in an area where pines are commonly found. The college was a place I was considering attending when I was debating a career change into environmental science but I scrapped the idea like 6 months ago. Not sure if either of those things are related or this ring was some random fuzz that somehow formed itself into a ring. But I’m prepared for this to be one of those small nagging, perplexing moments we never figure out.

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Have you asked anyone at the college or the garden about it? The way you describe it blowing with the wind makes me think there’s an ordinary explanation, because it seems as though it was at the mercy of wind rather than being self-governed. With all those tropical plants it’s quite possible they behave in unusual ways, projecting unique spores or fluff as you mentioned.

It also reminds me of descriptions of ghost orbs, although those are usually said to stay stationary or move straight up or down at a significant distance, with little to no interaction with the environment.

These types of little mysteries are what keeps life interesting for me, thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
Awards
The more I think of this, my youngest niece ws really into the fairy houses around town, here in Ann Arbor when she would visit.
It could be that since this town has a lot of pagan activity, that these houses could have been enlivened, much like an occultist might do with a doll or statue or trinket. A spirit house.
If your place is like this, it could very well be the local Druids, some random group of witches, pagans or occultists have been active.