• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Tips for Astral work?

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
As a very serious practitioner of the esoteric I must say that it is embarrasing I have never managed to astral project yet. Does anybody have any tips or steps I can take to start astral work?

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Hey man! Maybe this may help.

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
As a very serious practitioner of the esoteric I must say that it is embarrasing I have never managed to astral project yet.
Honesty can be embarrassing, I’m glad you were man/lady enough to admit it,

I think that fear or strong negative emotions is what holds many people back instead of going into a state of bliss and understanding.
I too have had issues with astral projection but I’ve been able to pull myself out at different parts, like my hand and arm, bend my knee so it’s out of the body but there’s a block when trying to pull my head out.
It feels like an insanely strong vibration sensation when trying for my head so much so it gets beyond comfortable.

But the process in which I was able to do those things is being in a deep trance falling asleep and waking up still in a trance, not groggy.

it’s like when you know you can move but don’t want to, and you just want to see if you can try to lift part of my the body without utilizing your muscles just to realize the other “body” that came out was a radiant purplish color., knowing I can move but really have no energy for it, I tell my brain to lift my arm and trying to hold on actually using the muscles to use it, you get like a slight tingling sensation and if you are in a trance fully you’ll start to get out of your body. It’s easy to practice harder to accomplish.
That’s been my experience of some who who hasn’t mastered it either.

Last edited:

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Honesty can be embarrassing, I’m glad you were man/lady enough to admit it,

I think that fear or strong negative emotions is what holds many people back instead of going into a state of bliss and understanding.
I too have had issues with astral projection but I’ve been able to pull myself out at different parts, like my hand and arm, bend my knee so it’s out of the body but there’s a block when trying to pull my head out.
It feels like an insanely strong vibration sensation when trying for my head so much so it gets beyond comfortable.

But the process in which I was able to do those things is being in a deep trance falling asleep and waking up still in a trance, not groggy.

it’s like when you know you can move but don’t want to, and you just want to see if you can try to lift part of my the body without utilizing your muscles just to realize the other “body” that came out was a radiant purplish color., knowing I can move but really have no energy for it, I tell my brain to lift my arm and trying to hold on actually using the muscles to use it, you get like a slight tingling sensation and if you are in a trance fully you’ll start to get out of your body. It’s easy to practice harder to accomplish.
That’s been my experience of some who who hasn’t mastered it either.
Thank you very much. This helps a lot. So does this mean I should meditate more?

IllusiveOwl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
To project, you need to be able to focus, and the best place to gather focus is in meditation. Your consciousness is what travels, it is blurry and undefined. Through effort you must sit and learn how to gather it, define it, identify as it, and eventually control it. You don't use your mind, words, or body. It is an intuitive faculty you can only learn through introspection and doing.

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
To project, you need to be able to focus, and the best place to gather focus is in meditation. Your consciousness is what travels, it is blurry and undefined. Through effort you must sit and learn how to gather it, define it, identify as it, and eventually control it. You don't use your mind, words, or body. It is an intuitive faculty you can only learn through introspection and doing.
My main experiences with meditation involve communicating with deities but never with another realm so the idea of traveling into another realm using my consciousness is very appealing to me

IllusiveOwl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
My main experiences with meditation involve communicating with deities but never with another realm so the idea of traveling into another realm using my consciousness is very appealing to me
The fact that you're communicating with anything at all is a big red flag. Words, letters, ideas, nuh uh, throw them in the bin 🦉 this is quiet time.

To gather focus, you sit. To meditate, you sit and face yourself. No words, only wisdom, here you develop your Chochmah awareness first above all else. I have found sensory deprivation invaluable, but this is an exercise that only involves you, no other beings or powers. Only your powers. Do not develop yourself by becoming dependent on other powes.

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
The fact that you're communicating with anything at all is a big red flag. Words, letters, ideas, nuh uh, throw them in the bin 🦉 this is quiet time.

To gather focus, you sit. To meditate, you sit and face yourself. No words, only wisdom, here you develop your Chochmah awareness first above all else. I have found sensory deprivation invaluable, but this is an exercise that only involves you, no other beings or powers. Only your powers. Do not develop yourself by becoming dependent on other powes.
The communication is for deity work specifically. It actually helps me grow closer with deities such as Lucifer and other daemons. However, astral projection is still a very good aspect to occultism that I must learn to further my experience as an occultist
Post automatically merged:

It seems what you are saying that with astral work you are exploring yourself and the realm around you using your consciousness while with meditative deity work its more of a trance where the deities can speak to you directly
Post automatically merged:

That actually reveals a lot so thank you very much for this information