• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Tire Dressing formulation (AKA Tire black)

Grundy

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I haven't done one of these in a while. (been busy with work related stuff recently) So continuing with my other guides on basic stuff you can use around the house. This is by far one of the simplest products I make and sell.

Tire Dressing is simply put the stuff you put on your tires when you wash your car to make the care tires look real slick and smexy looking. If you ever wondered how easy it is to make please see the formulation below lolz

Water-based Tire Dressing
Silicone emulsion
10.00%​
De Ionized Water
90.00%​
total

This formula is for a water based version, it is the simplest as well to make. You just need Silicone Oil and and make a oil in water emulsion.

1. Take the silicon oil measure about 10 ml (if you are doing a 100ml batch)
2. In a beaker place the water (make sure its distilled or at least coming from a purifier and has a low TDS level, TDA levels can be measured by buying a cheapo TDS Stick, a reading below 10 is good)
3. While stirring the water in the beaker, mix the silicon oil slowly into the water (not the other way around this is an oil in water preparation)

protip: if you wanna feel all mad scientist about it, you can also just buy a magnetic stirrer apparatus with a heating pan. I use one myself and its super cool hahaha

4. About 15 minutes of mixing should be enough. If you did this right you would see the silicon oil/water solution turn into a semi viscous white liquid.
5. Place the solution into a container that you like (spray bottles are the best)

Enjoy smexy looking car tireson the cheap ;-)

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Can you use a stick blender for the emulsification process?

Grundy

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Can you use a stick blender for the emulsification process?
actually yes you can, the only downside is the high agitation rate of a stick blender might cause some slight foaming of the mixture, this only means you need to set it out longer to thin out before use.