• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Tripping Through Small Nostalgic Objects

theil

Carefree Explorer
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I'm getting over a cold but I'll probably write more about the below later.
During my exploration of personal keywords of power (divine, peace, love) this past summer, I was also trying to figure out how to trigger intense feelings of something that I can only describe as transcendental ecstasy. Certain environmental conditions would trigger deep experiential memories of "perfect moments" that would last several minutes. For years, these rare moments were random and fleeting. The episodes had different flavors of transcendence, but the commonality was close to surface level feelings of nostalgia. I realized this when I began experimenting with using found personal objects to introduce the idea of depth beyond surface meaning. Example: a favorite book a person has had for years as opposed to a disposable booklet.
Anyway, I discovered that the nostalgia surrounding an object are entry points into "perfect moments" that then reach toward transcendence/ecstasy/bliss.
Possible exercise: Find a small object that has positive meaning/history for you. The key is not to focus on the exact history, but to recall the felt memories or memory and ride along with it. Be curious about what will happen. The object or its meaning isn't important. What's important to trip is the experiential memory elements connected with it.