• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

TST: Just a bunch of Cosplayers?

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
In my opinion, TST is one of the worst occult organizations you could possibly join. Chanting "Hail Satan" without even believing in such a deity is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Not to mention the things they wear are just absolutely outrageous. Any thoughts?

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I uploaded a book about them written by a professor of religion and already started to read it. I'm still at that outfit's beginning, it seems like they started out as a political activist group fighting for religious freedom and the seperation of state and church, disguised as a Satanist hoax out to shock conservative Christians, trying to get a statue of Eliphas Levi's Baphomet erected at state capitols, for example. That was in 2013/14, they might have evolved into something more genuine occult by now.

The Satanic Temple are non-theistic Satanists like LaVey's original Church of Satan, and both use "Hail Satan!" although they don't believe in him as a deity, more as a principle of individual freedom, or so I've read.

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I uploaded a book about them written by a professor of religion and already started to read it. I'm still at that outfit's beginning, it seems like they started out as a political activist group fighting for religious freedom and the seperation of state and church, disguised as a Satanist hoax out to shock conservative Christians, trying to get a statue of Eliphas Levi's Baphomet erected at state capitols, for example. That was in 2013/14, they might have evolved into something more genuine occult by now.

The Satanic Temple are non-theistic Satanists like LaVey's original Church of Satan, and both use "Hail Satan!" although they don't believe in him as a deity, more as a principle of individual freedom, or so I've read.
I see, that still doesn't make sense though. I personally believe you shouldn't say things like "Hail Satan" or "Ave Sathanas" if you don't even believe in them. It just seems... Corny and fake.