• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Unusual Astral Temple rooms (mind palace etc)

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Astral temples are so subjective and individual that I find it really interesting hearing what rooms people have in them

Most people have a central altar space, and some form of elemental crossroads. Healing pools are pretty common. But what rooms do you have that people might not think of?

Ivy the Occultist has a servitor workshop and an "archetype" dressing room

A place to leave your thoughts/worries so you can meditate is a pretty common room-type i think, so this isn't super-creative, but I have a scriptorium where ibis-headed scribes are running around and copying out scrolls and sorting them and categorising them and stuff - i hand off my thoughts in the form of scrolls, which they file away somewhere helpful so I can have a calm mind.

Please share your idiosyncratic rooms, if it's not private! Or if there's something you think is a neat idea even if you haven't made one in your own temple

Aeternus

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
This is a very good idea I have for Astral Temple rooms:

A dedicated space within your temple, with lots of things relating to the water element, like holy water, the chalice from the Tarot and also the elemental triangle of water.

Using that items, aside from symbolic and very powerful decorations such as seashells or even have guardian animals such as crabs, fishes or even water scorpions there, you can use this altar to contact the water spirit Elelogap.

But, besides elemental contact expanding, there are multiple things that you can do to make your astral temple habitable for many entities, of course separating each altar / space in order not to create unnecessary or even dangerous syncretism.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I have aphantasia, so while I could, if I really try, force myself to "imagine" a temple/palace with rooms, I find that to be exhausting and suboptimal.

Instead, what I do, is have "books" which are narrated. I don't use it for practice, I use it for memory, and sort of "banking" how I feel about certain things.

On that note, I think everyone who can have a mind palace, should have a library. To store information, moments, feelings.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
This was a one time Astral Temple.

I visualized myself in a giant white room and no ceiling. The tiles of the floor was white and black, like chess. And, there was a giant pool. However, the Water was like The Ocean, making wave and it was pure blue! It was awesome!! I never saw an Astral Temple like that before. I was so happy. I'm glad we don't use money in the Spiritual world to have wonderful things.

Aeternus

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
This was a one time Astral Temple.

I visualized myself in a giant white room and no ceiling. The tiles of the floor was white and black, like chess. And, there was a giant pool. However, the Water was like The Ocean, making wave and it was pure blue! It was awesome!! I never saw an Astral Temple like that before. I was so happy. I'm glad we don't use money in the Spiritual world to have wonderful things.
That's wonderful.

I'm glad we don't use money in the Spiritual world to have wonderful things. That's why I enjoy astral temples too. I got this guide of money keeping from Scrooge, the most "generous of man" in old British tales 😆

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
And, let me just add, that there were Pearl poles with amazing designs not found anywhere in the physical world.

Aeternus

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
And, let me just add, that there were Pearl poles with amazing designs not found anywhere in the physical world.
That's great to hear. Pearls bring a very calming sense, especially the ones that are formed in the spiritual world, for they can be realized in the shape, image, texture and magical properties of our liking :)

Reaction score
Most people have a central altar space, and some form of elemental crossroads. Healing pools are pretty common. But what rooms do you have that people might not think of?

In neo druidism they tend to use an inner grove that serve the same purpose.

The term "Astral Temple" is very misguiding to me. It should be called "Inner Landscape" if people aren't familiar with Golden Dawn.

Actually anything can serve as a temple and imagination is the limit.

I recreate the house of friends of my family ad when i was a child. It was such a cosy place to me i go there to find comfort. I see myself drinking hot chocolate, i state it's potion and the rest depend of imagination + will + energy.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Pearl poles with amazing designs not found anywhere in the physical world.
Coollllll

The term "Astral Temple" is very misguiding to me.
I know what you mean (and the majority of my locations are outdoors), but when you're asking a forum question, it's best to use the term people recognise (especially in the subject line) or people won't click. You don't like the term, but you still recognised it and understood the whole category of thing i was referring to

Reaction score
Awards
I periodically create my own imagined worlds then plant my own avatar into them to more-or-less experience different lives out of boredom. It's basically just imagination but also letting things sort of move on their own as I go through it. Applying the hermetic principles to create worlds for one's own entertainment is pretty silly but it can be useful if you apply it right.

Besides that, I sort of have a throne room for when I call upon my bound spirits, as well as a few astral towers that I've more-or-less abandoned because I don't really need them since my practice evolved past what they provided me at the time I built them.

AlfrunGrima

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
My astral room is an very small wooden hut/cabin in a mountain forest alongside a little stream. Every morning there is fog outside, I love that. .....Above the door a deer antler, inside a place to sit, read and study, a woodstove to provide some coziness, some cupboards, a little altar space and a ladder to climb to the first floor. There are wooden chests with books and all kinds of things. There are masks to change myself in a animal. My magic book is in one of the cupboards downstairs. .... oh, and I don't need my glasses over there! I have there good eyes, hair that doesn't get tangled up all the time and a long warm dress that never gets dirty.

Sabbatius

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
My Astral Temple is a hollowed, living tree. The one unusual room(branch) is used for astrological study. I use this for assistance to help with learning more in regards to research, focus and observation, as I still have yet to wrap my head around the whole of Astrology.