• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Using different magickal systems at same time? (Or close) is it safe to call upon different entities for aid / help?

boymatmat

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Not sure if this the right section…

I’m fairly new to the magickal practice even if I had been interested in the occult for several years, recently I had been doing ceremonial ritual angelic magick regarding an important issue in I need help with in my life, I know that spirits / energies / entities are definitely not human like but something different, more ancient, lately also I have been attracted to other Greek Gods along with some other Planetary entities like a magnet, there something about them that fascinates me so much, I want to study and tap into their currents … however my main question is …. :

how do different entities react when we dwelve our selves in / blend / use and mix multiple - different systems of magick (at the same time or “close” to each other) ? Do we get punished because of it? Do we risk a -more negative / adverse reaction from them? Do we risk offending the energies? Or do we get a “bonus” hand-help because we called upon all the possible currents-powers we could had?

I mean, if I had just been doing Hebraic / Hebrew angelic magick and then I ask Santa Muerte for its help for the exact same (or also maybe for a different reason) , and then afterwards I call for the help of Hekate or Hermes and then maybe (just for the sake of this topic [actually not too much interested in demons atm]) I ask help to a demon or Lucifer too (for same or different reasons) what would happen? What’s your intake? Could this be recommended or should be avoided?

For example Would maybe the demon try to do the opposite I asked ( so instead of helping in the issue try to make it worse) just because it knows I have been calling upon an angel for the same help? Or would Santa Muerte / Hekate get offended and punish me for asking help to other beings too , instead of knowing / thinking that her “only” power to help would be more than enough ? ( I mean, in someway If I asked help to many entities Is because I thought only one wouldn’t be enough, can’t this be seen as a lack of faith or respect towards them? )

Hopefully I explained myself well enough and you understood my question and my doubts

(I’m not a native english speaker; )

Thanks for the answers 🙏🏻

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
If you work with different spirits from different systems/traditions that's usually ok as long as you keep them separate on your altar. If you plan on developing working relationships with the spirits it may be wise to set up separate altars for each spirit so they have their own space. The only time it becomes a problem is if the spirits tell you it's a problem.

Reaction score
Awards
It depends on the faith of the person. You mentioned Santa Le Muerta whom seems to me to be a possessive yet beneficial and benevolent goddess/saint/spirit. It could simply be a variant of Mother Mary, Mary Magdalene, Pistis Sophia etc.
Then lets say you go to demons and operate at the same time, alternating on the same altar.
Then you go the angelic way, then the hoodoo way, and then you burnout, succeed, or be possessed and consumed.
Thats my take. Pick one system and stick with it as others tell me. Right now its tarot and feral sorcery/Low Magick.

Reaction score
Awards
As always it depends.

But as long as you treat them as two different separate practices then it usually seems to work fine initially. That being said the deeper you go in these practices the less that seems to hold true. And always remember, not all entities are the same and can be as different from each other as people can be.

Now when you mix both practices for a single goal it’s usually just muddying the waters more than necessary and not usually worth it or can even produce some unintended results.

Personally I find it most beneficial to focus on a particular practice instead of this got-to-catch-them-all trend that’s been going around for a while. But ymmv…

-Eld

Reaction score
Awards
You could use the Magic of Angels and Demons, which uses. supervisory aspect to the Demon. You may be able to smooth over any undesired pacts made/petitions made.