• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Archive] [V. Juel D'Cian] How To Improve Your Power To Visualize

A thread that was copied from the original Wizard Forums.
How to Improve Your Power to Visualize

Visualizing helps you to connect better to the spirit world and it also helps to increase your will-power. A strong will is essential to almost all forms of magic. Visualizing helps because you're using your will-power to see (feel, hear, etc.) images as realistically as possible.

Here are some methods I use to visualize. Other methods do exist. These are the ones that work the best for me.
When I first started improving my power to visualize I came up with this little exercise.
It's simple and surprisingly effective.

It is as follows:

Imagine you are holding a wooden rod/dowel.

Make it 12 inches long and 1 inch in diameter.

Hold the rod in both hands and feel how smooth it has been sanded.

Feel the sturdiness.

Imagine the smell of the fresh wooden scent.

See the color of the wood.

The color can be a light tan, dark, golden, or any color you like as long as you can see it.

See the looping elliptical-like pattern of the grain of the rod.

Set the rod spinning in your hand.

See it spinning by itself like a gyroscope.

Feel the smooth rod spinning in your hand.

See it suddenly stop and start spinning in the opposite direction.

See it suddenly stop spinning.

See the rod float up out of your hands and hover vertically about 4 feet in front of you at eye level.

See the rod become fixed into place.

Imagine reaching up and trying to move the rod and feel how solidly it feels fixed into place.

Imagine that no matter how hard you trying to push or pull the rod it doesn't move at all.

1 inch up from the bottom of the rod, see a tiny hole drilling itself into the wood.

See the tiny wood shavings tumble out of the hole and fall to the ground.

See the rod fixed in place before you and at the same time imagine you are holding a metal wire hanger.

Feel the flexibility and sturdiness of the wire.

Imagine you are unwinding the little twists a the top of the hanger and straightening out the wire with your fingers.

Imagine you fingers are strong like iron and you are straightening out the wire hanger easily.

The wire slides easily between your fingers as you straighten the bends and curves.

Imagine you are straightening out the wire into a perfect straight line.

Insert one end of the wire into the hole drilled into the wooden rod.

See the rod spin slowly and the wire sliding through your fingers as it becomes wound up the rod.

See the wire winding around the rod and spiraling up to the top.

See the rod start to slowly spin in the opposite direction.

See the wire unwinding back into a perfect straight line.

See the rod spin to a stop.

See the wire come lose out of the drilled hold and slowly start to reform into a hanger.

See the wire re-twisting itself closed at the top to form back into a perfect untwisted hanger.

See the drilled hole undrilling it self.

See the tiny wood shaving leap up from the ground and fill back into the rod.

See the drilled hole undrilled into a smooth untouched surface.

Reach out and take the rod and feel it becoming unfixed out of place and move freely again.

Swinging the rod back and forth a couple of times.

Now imagine a bolt of electricity shooting out of the end of the rod and striking the floor.

See the bright bluish white of the electric arc.

Hear the fizzling crackly energy of the electricity.

See the arc of electricity connecting the rod to the floor.

See electric arc flash out of existence.

See the wooden rod start to slowly fade out of existence.

+++

I've used this visualization many times over the years when I've felt myself starting to slip.

I've also used this method at times when I didn't have an actual wand with me wherever I was or to create an athame when doing actual spell work. Although I usually just use my finger and imagine a beam of light or an electric arc coming out of my finger (depending if I'm doing constructive or destructive energy work.)

When I was first beginning to use this visualization I noticed the hardest part to visualize was the wire unwinding off the wooden rod/dowel.
Either: 1.) The wire kept unwinding forever or 2.) The wire would break and snap off half-way through unwinding.

If 1.) happened it meant I didn't clearly visualize the wire winding up in order to clearly visualize it unwinding. It also meant I had no mental control of the visualization in order to clearly see the unwinding process. I solved this by counting the number of revolutions the wire made up the rod and recounting the same number during the unwinding.

If 2.) happened it meant I didn't visualize the flexibility of the wire enough so it became too inflexible as I tried to unwind it. If this happens fix it by clearly visualizing the feeling of the flexibility of the wire as it winds up the rod and just as clearly as it unwinds.

This little exercise is clearly not the end-all-be-all of visualization exercises. There are countless other methods.

Other methods I use to improve my power to visualize are:

Make a circle of light and see it expanding and contracting. Make it different colors. If you see a rainbow outside, imagine the rainbow is half of a circle and the other half is below ground. Or see the rainbow circle lying flat and set it around your Crown Chakra as a halo to represent the Crown Chakra shining radiant healing light (I see my CC as a mini-sun) into the colors of your other Chakras. Or set the rainbow ring around a planet of light. I often see myself surrounded by a rainbow ring as protection from psychic/spiritual attack. The people of my culture (Navajo) believe our tribal lands are horizontally encircled by a vast rainbow to protect us. If I have an ache somewhere on my body, I visualize the circle becoming a tube of neon white light and infuse Reiki energy into the tube and slip the tube onto my arm, leg, around my waist, etc,. Then I visualize the neon white light is sending healing energy into the arm, leg, etc.

See the Chakra points of my body as the planets of the solar system. I make my Crown Chakra the Sun, set Mercury at my 3rd Eye, Venus at my Throat, Earth at my Heart, etc. in descending order. Then I visualize a beam of light coming out of the sun and connecting all the planets on an axis down the front of my body. Then I have the beam of light opening up at the bottoms of my feet and send the light cascading like a waterfall up around my body to he sun. After a few cycles of this I reverse the process and send the light cascading out of the sun and reintegrating into a beam of light at my feet and flowing back up the axis. (Different magical systems set the various planets of the Solar System at different Chakras and no 2 systems will quite agree on which planet should be associated with which Chakra so I will leave the order of their placements up to you.)

Listen to an Electronica album while visualizing each Chakra point as a pulsating ball of light keeping time with the beat. I imagine lasers, beams of light, sound waves pulsating out of/around the Chakra in time with the beat. I may be listening to the sound through my earbuds but I visualize the sound it coming from whichever Chakra I'm meditating on.

See thick and heavy tree roots grow out of the bottoms of my feet and grow deep into the Earth. Then I see the roots wrap themselves around the molten core of the Earth and draw energy up into my body and into my Chakras in form of liquid light. This is also a great way to Ground yourself before you do any kind of magic or meditation as you are storing excess energy to be intentionally released to empower your magic/meditation. I have found from personal experience that when I complete a ritual/ceremony, I often feel a kind of jittery kind of vertigo like my consciousness is swaying back and forth inside my body coupled with feeling of utter depletion that leaves me ravenously hungry. Daily use of this meditation helps to eliminate that. Also don't try this meditation before you go to bed because the excess energy will prevent you from going to sleep. If I'm feeling lethargic when I wake up, I find that depending on how clearly I visualize/feel this meditation it will keep me going all day.

Visualize the Watchtowers as long stretched out cathedrals with many arches, crenelations, spires, etc and at the very top of the cathedral pillar I visualize the Angel of the Quarter sitting on a throne of light the color attributed to that Quarter.

Visualize a force-field around me like Violet's in "The Incredibles" and actually visualize what it would feel like inside the bubble as it deflects any and all forms of negative energy, hexes, curses, etc. directed my way. I do a simple incantation to set the force-field at night while I sleep since, in my experience, that is when most negative energy/magic seems to be activated and sent.

Visualize an electric bolt of energy coming out of my 3rd Eye/forehead and connecting to the forehead of someone whose dream I want to enter. As soon as I feel a slight pressure on my forehead (like a coin is placed there) I know I'm connected and I visualize as clearly as I can what I want to do with that person (i.e. healing, giving an important message/reminder, talking, etc). Visualize this as if you are acutally there with them in that environment. In the beginning when I first stumbled on this method I did abuse it nefariously and actually had someone tell me to, "Stop bothering me in my dreams!" If you do this realize that you may talk to the person but you won't always understand/receive a response. Repeated use of this visualization will help with that.

Visualize a zipper running from my forehead to my groin and mentally reaching up to my forehead and gripping the zipper and clearly feeling/seeing/hearing it unzip in order to Astral Project or have an Out-Of-Body-Experience. In my mind there is a clear differentiation between the two. To me, Astral Projecting is traveling the Astral Planes and interacting with the Beings/Entities residing there and O.O.B.E. is leaving your physical body and walking/flying about the real/physical world in an invisible state where I can walk through walls, visit distant locations, etc. That's just how I've always viewed this. It may be different for you. I found that before I started leaving my body I didn't know if what I wanted was to A.P. or have an O.O.B.E. This prevented me from leaving my body for a long time because to me there was a difference between the two, but I didn't understand that difference. Once I understood what the difference was I was able to leave my body. Also, doing the tree roots meditation will give you extra energy needed to power your spirit to leave your body. Most times when you try to leave your body you fail because you just don't have the energy to do it. The tree roots will help with that.

The list goes on and on and on. Every aspect of magic can be visualized. A wand can be made to shoot out lightning. A circle can be made to glow like the sun. Etc., etc., etc.,...

+++

The more you visualize, the more you will realize that the act of visualizing is in fact it's own form of magic and you can use this magic in the moment of visualizing to do/create whatever you want. I frequently use visualizations to heal my clients and sometimes the simple act of visualizing a healing is all that is needed.

But first you need to start strengthening your power to visualize. Hopefully I've given you some ideas that will inspire you and inspire in you different methods of visualizing that "calls" to you as these did for me.

A good place to start is the rod/dowel visualization. Once you master this it's just as simple to apply that power to other visualizations.

(Once you master the rod/dowel visualization you'll also be a master at handling that wood. HA! I know some of you are going to say that.)

That's all.
Thanks for reading.

Post automatically merged:

@Aeternus

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I love to use visualization exercises.

My favorites are to see, touch and smell an apple, and simulate on myself the feeling of flying(a mix of inspiration from eagles' POV's cameras and jets' POV's cameras.Careful if you have issues with getting dizzy easily).

The more senses you put in the visualization, the more real it feels.