• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Visualization

Callie

Neophyte
Reaction score
How does visualization work in your magic? Do you use it for pathworking, astral travel, etc.?

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Visualization plays a major role in a good lot of techniques like energy manipulation, some meditations, general banishing rites...
It's one of the most important tools for any magician to utilize, because it is a way to create in the astral realm, where a good chunk of magic is actually done.
Personally for me it aids in absolutely anything and everything I do, primarily as an artist. I also see magick as yet another art form.

Callie

Neophyte
Reaction score
Visualization plays a major role in a good lot of techniques like energy manipulation, some meditations, general banishing rites...
It's one of the most important tools for any magician to utilize, because it is a way to create in the astral realm, where a good chunk of magic is actually done.
Personally for me it aids in absolutely anything and everything I do, primarily as an artist. I also see magick as yet another art form.
Yes, I agree completely. I think that it's a foundational tool, as you said, but maybe because of that (and because it can be difficult and take time to develop) it's all too easy to neglect. I know I'm guilty of doing that.

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I don't really believe it's something "difficult to develop" as you've put it, more like too often neglected. :)
Performing a ritual as a string of choreographed actions without visualization is like aiming a gun and making "bang!" sounds as opposed to actually shooting.
"Visualization" itself as a concept isn't much different than "imagination", which is a tool every single one of us are born with, but it is systematically being suppressed by education systems and logic-based mundane world.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I have aphantasia, so it's quite difficult for me to actually visualize things in the traditional sense. I often use other mental tools such as internal narration to help me in my workings, but more often than not, I simply focus on work that does not involve vivid visualizations. So tarot over scrying, and narrating and reaffirming things over projecting them etc.

Callie

Neophyte
Reaction score
I have aphantasia, so it's quite difficult for me to actually visualize things in the traditional sense. I often use other mental tools such as internal narration to help me in my workings, but more often than not, I simply focus on work that does not involve vivid visualizations. So tarot over scrying, and narrating and reaffirming things over projecting them etc.
It's awesome that you have managed to find methods that work for you, and these all are awesome things to do. Pathworking via internal narration is a pretty cool idea, actually. Thanks for sharing.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, I'd say visualization goes into about everything for me. At least to a certain degree. The skill of visualizing has been fairly easy for me to hone, as I don't think I ever stopped having an active imagination in the mundane sense.

Callie

Neophyte
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd say visualization goes into about everything for me. At least to a certain degree. The skill of visualizing has been fairly easy for me to hone, as I don't think I ever stopped having an active imagination in the mundane sense.
No joke, I've been working on visualizing while meditating lately and last week I imagined myself with wings and flew around my city, using my mind map to visit different locations. Then last weekend I spent some time with friends and their daughter was telling me all about how she saw someone flying around a few nights previous :oops:. Probably just talking about a tv show, but...

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
How old is she? Kids are naturally more "in-tune" with such things if you will ;)
I remember having imagination so vivid as a child, I could literally kinda "see" the creations of my imagination around me. Not like hallucinations or anything, the images in my head just seemed to come to life rather easily.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
No joke, I've been working on visualizing while meditating lately and last week I imagined myself with wings and flew around my city, using my mind map to visit different locations. Then last weekend I spent some time with friends and their daughter was telling me all about how she saw someone flying around a few nights previous :oops:. Probably just talking about a tv show, but...
Was it a really young child or something?

Callie

Neophyte
Reaction score
Was it a really young child or something?
How old is she? Kids are naturally more "in-tune" with such things if you will ;)
I remember having imagination so vivid as a child, I could literally kinda "see" the creations of my imagination around me. Not like hallucinations or anything, the images in my head just seemed to come to life rather easily.
Yes, pretty young, and I assume that it was a coincidence. I've never discussed my personal beliefs or practices with any child and I have no intention of doing so. Still, I assume I'm going to end up being the weird aunt regardless of how discreet I am.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Yes, pretty young, and I assume that it was a coincidence. I've never discussed my personal beliefs or practices with any child and I have no intention of doing so. Still, I assume I'm going to end up being the weird aunt regardless of how discreet I am.
Tbh, probably the same sorta deal with my young cousin. She’s already leaps and bounds ahead of her peers intelligence-wise, such a bright kid and it honestly amazes me. But I think she’s starting to see me as some sort of role model, just because I’m probably the only adult who doesn’t talk down to her. A really weird role model who’s already started teaching her blade combat. 😆