• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Void Magick

chronosmagia

Neophyte
Reaction score
Anyone know anything on this?
Any books that talk about this?
I'm not talking about working in the abyss, or black magick or demons.
Supposedly it's a very old form of magick (maybe elemental? the first element?) that is basically unknown
or ever talked about. I'm not even sure if it's even an actual division of mysticism with history & practice behind it.
Apparently "Void Entities" predate many other supernatural entities like angels and demons.
I think the name "Void Magick" is very alluring, would be cool if it's an actual thing.
It might share some similarities to chaos magick.
Any thoughts?

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
The only "Void" I know of is the eastern concept of void.
As well as Boötes Void.

I think it has to do with the state of "non-being" and "nothingness" though I don't think I ever heard it used together with the word "magick", only with philosophy/spirituality.

Reaction score
Awards
The names Fohat and Tohu come to mind. As far as magic of the Void, I would suspect it would pertain to creating structured order.
The only thing I did regarding the Vois was a void meditation of 11 or 13 steps, going down a numbered spiral staircase and ascending back up. It is however, easy to fall not only into trance but into the void itself.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Anyone know anything on this?
Any books that talk about this?
I'm not talking about working in the abyss, or black magick or demons.
Supposedly it's a very old form of magick (maybe elemental? the first element?) that is basically unknown
or ever talked about. I'm not even sure if it's even an actual division of mysticism with history & practice behind it.
Apparently "Void Entities" predate many other supernatural entities like angels and demons.
I think the name "Void Magick" is very alluring, would be cool if it's an actual thing.
It might share some similarities to chaos magick.
Any thoughts?
I believe Adam Thoth (on BALG) has a void meditation technique. That might be what you mean.
There are also "dark" witches on youtube who talk about void/abyss magic, which is so dangerous that only they can do it (while looking mysteriously in the camera)

But if there's some thing or an entity in this void, wouldn't that mean that the void isn't void 🤔

chronosmagia

Neophyte
Reaction score
I believe Adam Thoth (on BALG) has a void meditation technique. That might be what you mean.
There are also "dark" witches on youtube who talk about void/abyss magic, which is so dangerous that only they can do it (while looking mysteriously in the camera)

But if there's some thing or an entity in this void, wouldn't that mean that the void isn't void 🤔
I see, I'd like to look into this void meditation ritual. Got a link?
Lol, I get it now, they're just playing games.
Yeah possibly, I wonder if there's entities that exist that are inversions of normal etheric or astral beings.
Just like the possibility of quantum particle super-symmetry, maybe there could be such thing as dark energy beings, anti-astral etc.
edit: I guess the inversion of angels specifically would just be demons. But yeah I mean like a fundamental inversion.
Who even knows how many dimensions total existence extends to? There could be endless layers, endless parallel realities with endlessly different laws of physics shaping reality.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I see, I'd like to look into this void meditation ritual. Got a link?
Lol, I get it now, they're just playing games.
Yeah possibly, I wonder if there's entities that exist that are inversions of normal etheric or astral beings.
Just like the possibility of quantum particle super-symmetry, maybe there could be such thing as dark energy beings, anti-astral etc.
edit: I guess the inversion of angels specifically would just be demons. But yeah I mean like a fundamental inversion.
Who even knows how many dimensions total existence extends to? There could be endless layers, endless parallel realities with endlessly different laws of physics shaping reality.
I don't have an actual link to that one, but there are some void meditations on youtube.
The void MAGIC i mentioned as a joke, as you have seen already. World of Warcraft type fantasy 😅
My question was more intended as a thought. Maybe what people mean when they say void entities is just the things within who can come to the surface when not other external factors overshadow it.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
When you say "dark" witches you mean "edgy", don't you?:sneaky:

But if there's some thing or an entity in this void, wouldn't that mean that the void isn't void
True void is devoid of life(and death), at least that's how I see it.

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Void Magick sounds like it has a connection with Chaos Magick for some reason.

And funny enough my first google search and I find this:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

(Void Magick - by Thomas Chaote) The Author even has Chaos in his name (Near enough at least)

I haven't read it thoroughly so I do apologise if it isn't something that you're looking for but it does have some interesting things within it.

chronosmagia

Neophyte
Reaction score
Void Magick sounds like it has a connection with Chaos Magick for some reason.

And funny enough my first google search and I find this:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

(Void Magick - by Thomas Chaote) The Author even has Chaos in his name (Near enough at least)

I haven't read it thoroughly so I do apologise if it isn't something that you're looking for but it does have some interesting things within it.
Oh yes, someone posted this book in another thread that I came across. I can't believe it slipped my mind.
I even wrote down the name of the book in my notes.
Thanks, I'll give it a read and see if I find anything interesting.

WonderFire

Neophyte
Reaction score
Look into Michael Kelly's books, starting with Apophis. It's a very decent occult training curriculum that posits that under reality there is a kind of chaos, or "void" that contains all possibilities and core of your consciousness is located within it. The goal is to wake up that part of yourself and do magick from out of it. He was a high ranked Temple of Set guy, so his work is highly compatible with their ideas.

Other stuff that I've seen labeled with "void" is either people trying to be super edgy, or new agers misappropriating (pseudo) buddhism.