• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Discussion Voynich Manuscript Cracked?

Talk about a book(s)
Reaction score
I ran across an article on the researchgate website by one Fletcher Crowe and dated November '22, claiming to have cracked the Voynich Manuscript. The basic claim is that the language is a somewhat encrypted form of Arabic treating of Cathar themes. The folks on the "voynich ninja" site savage Crowe's efforts. Has anyone else dipped into the matter? The 'teens of the 21st century seemed to have a "translation" of the manuscript every couple of years, all pretty quickly discounted.
The last I heard was that it had been found to be a very old form of Saxon or early English and that it seemed to be a marriage manual written for some aristocratic lady. Hence all the pictures of naked ladies. Maybe it is a hoax, like the Hitler diaries.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The last I heard was that it had been found to be a very old form of Saxon or early English and that it seemed to be a marriage manual written for some aristocratic lady. Hence all the pictures of naked ladies. Maybe it is a hoax, like the Hitler diaries.
Add another language to the proto-Romance, Turkish, Arabic list, eh?

Naked wimmins? I recall only odd odd odd botanical illustrations. If it's a marriage manual, it's about how to cook kraut.
Post automatically merged:

How old they are is irrelevant. How thin or thick skinned anyone is, is irrelevant. How high his IQ is, is irrelevant.

It's ignorant and bigoted and completely unnecessary.

The points can be made w/o using terms that are insulting to others who are different.
Touched a nerve I see. What both of you need are some herbal remedies from the Voynitch volume! I guess. That's the problem we still can't read it, much less hunt up the vegetable simples and such like. Back to the book, sez I.

Last edited: