• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Discussion Wanting your opinion on 3 (possibly 4 grimoires)

Talk about a book(s)

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Back when I first was on WF, I was looking for 3 grimoires one was called “noir ou less forces infernales soumises a Lhomme”
this book has sense been translated as “The Black Dragon or The Infernal Forces Subject to Man” it even has an illustrated version on Amazon for only $15.
I have not read it -yet- but for anyone interested I wanted to mention it in the book section. If anyone has read it, it’d be interested to get your take,

The other ones were the “Azoetia“ by Andrew D. Chumbley, as well as his “Dragon Book of Essex” and there is a 3rd one which name escapes me at the moment. The ones by Chumbley are on Sabbatic Witchcraft. If anyone has read those I’d be interested in hearing your thoughts on them. All the mentioned books were hard to find back then but they seem to be relatively easy to find nowadays So I was wondering if anyone read them and their thoughts on them As it’ll take me a while to get to reading them. Any feedback will help me decide which to prioritize in my line-up. Thanks in advance.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
We have a Chumbley collection here, if it's any help. The only "Black Dragon" grimoire I could find has only 42 pages (probably a free ebook), "The Illustrated Black Dragon: or the Infernal Forces Subject to Man" (with a different translator) available on amazon.com has +161 pages. Didn't read them though, above my paygrade.

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
We have a Chumbley collection here, if it's any help. The only "Black Dragon" grimoire I could find has only 42 pages (probably a free ebook), "The Illustrated Black Dragon: or the Infernal Forces Subject to Man" (with a different translator) available on amazon.com has +161 pages. Didn't read them though, above my paygrade.

Thanks man, I’ll have to check them out, I did find the Azoetia online someone copied, I didn’t check to see if it was the full thing, just wanted to see if any of those old books were in circulation again. I appreciate the direction to find some of his work on this site, that’s awesome. 👍