• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Wearing "flair" -- sigils and talismata, tattwas even

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
A joke on another thread got me thinking -- wearing flair on suspenders uinder a suitcoat, but all sigils for sigil magic and talismans dedicated to particular goals?
Would it work? I have no idea how to do either, but im willing to give it a shot.
Would the flair clash with each other? Zodiacally speaking?
What about Spare sigils, do they work?

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
A joke on another thread got me thinking -- wearing flair on suspenders uinder a suitcoat, but all sigils for sigil magic and talismans dedicated to particular goals?
Would it work? I have no idea how to do either, but im willing to give it a shot.
Dion Fortune goes off on flair somewhere, saying that the real adept doesn't need a big finger ring, pentagram on his lapel, etc. I've seen an online photo of Alastair Crowley that fits her description to a tee, so I guess she was p.o.'ed at him at the time of her outburst. Personally, I've always thought Michael Aquino was trying a bit too hard with those theatrical eyebrows. (I'm surprised the military didn't bust his b**** for non-regulation grooming. But being a semi-spook in Intell and a PhD probably got him a pass.)
Post automatically merged:

Also, what would count as "virtue sigiling"?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awards
Im going to give it a shot.
I guess finding out will be half the battle of understanding.
Draw representations of decan visions, pray over them and wear the flair.
I guess I learn this as well.

This is strictly for catch-all talisman flair, to see angel only taismata flair, see this post:

Last edited:

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Im going to give it a shot.

I guess finding out will be half the battle of understanding.
Draw representations of decan visions, pray over them and wear the flair.

I guess I learn this as well.

This is strictly for catch-all talisman flair, to see angel only taismata flair, see this post:
Speaking of flair clash, how much flair do you need? I imagine if you kept pieces separated they'd not clash. Either that of have different days for different flair.

Heck, I'm headed for the vendor section of the forum. An "anti-talisman clash" talisman. A hand-crafted styrene quartz crystal that harmonizes your sigils and prevents rune ruin.

Reaction score
Awards
Not a bad idea...Im still reading The Golden Dawn on Talismans, trying to pick out the nuances from the straight-forward bits.

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Not a bad idea...Im still reading The Golden Dawn on Talismans, trying to pick out the nuances from the straight-forward bits.
There is the book "Talismans and Evocations of the Golden Dawn" by Pat Zalewski (Thoth Press 2003). The review at heremetic. com says it's the first single-volume publication that includes all GD teaching on the topic. I imagine you can find a PDF somewhere online.

Reaction score
Awards
I will have to find and check it out. I used to have a very large Golden Dawn library when I was ballin. Turns out I should have saved all my money for what was to come. I will just have to use the "primary textboook" supplemented by Kraig and Christopher. Come to think of it, Kraig touches on sigil magick a few times.