• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Weird planetary ish

Everyone's got one.

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I think it’s sort of weird, I went out for a short jog, but it’s still dark and normally I wear a compass on my wrist and I know my phone has a compass but I digress, Orion at this time of the morning/night sits slightly west of where I was jogging, for better orientation you can look for beetleguise which is the brightest star that will show up left or right of orion, I could barley make out his belt but couldn’t see beetleguise and thats the brightest star in the constellation. At this time it shoulda been north or infront of it as usual, so to get home I’d jog towards Orion and a bit towards beetleguise and that’d be north west.
I easily made it back, o only
jogged like a quarter mile but a heavily wooded area though, so I just found it odd.

anyone else use constellations for navigation and notice anything odd?

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
i found my new home under the big dipper. my old home wasnt, but is just a few miles away. so, yes a bit weird, but in a good way.
i also find it odd that when you read about the solar eclipse that its quite special, but in the news every year an other country has one.

not knowing you, but beetleguise makes me think of khepri: beetle guise, under the guidance of the scarab headed god. ;)
and now orion is brighter, so if that would happen in my life id see it as a fun sign and a new teacher in the spiritual sense.