• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What are requirements that is needed to get into traditional Kabala?

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Please, do away with Hermetic and Christian versions of it, just asking about the Jewish one.

So from what snippets I know, you read Talmud first, then only pass onto Zohar. You read Sefer Yetzirah, Zohar and Bahir, and when you get into your forties which understanding dawns upon you, you only start studying it then.

Also studying with Rabbis seem neccesary, and you need to know Hebrew and Aramaic. Anything else I am missing?

Solution
It's fluency in Torah, Tanach, and Talmud. That means several things. Being able to read and understand both hebrew and aramaic is definitely needed. Traditionally it was 40+ married with children, emotionally and psychologically stable and chosen by an established teacher.

In the 1600s these were reduced per Rabbi Moses Cordovero to 20 and individual study was permitted. In the late 1800s Chassidus was deemed to be appropriate for any and all, as a higher-level application of kabbalah that has no negative side-effects.
Reaction score
Awards
Traditionally the age was 8n the forties as the expectation was your kids are grown and potentially out of the house, and you follow strict versions of Judaism.

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Traditionally the age was 8n the forties as the expectation was your kids are grown and potentially out of the house, and you follow strict versions of Judaism.
Indeed, from what I understand you should get you shit straightened out when it comes to economics, marriage, kids and all of that. Leaves you room to study deep. Also I have heard that understanding dawns upon the man when they are in their forties.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Carl Jung maintained that age 42 was the time to be ready for a mission in life.

I dare say that quite a lot of preparation was required:

• 7 years to control physical body
  • 14 to control emotions
  • 21 to control mental
  • 28 to control heart
  • 35 to control will
  • 42 to control human spirit (monad).

Ziran

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
It's fluency in Torah, Tanach, and Talmud. That means several things. Being able to read and understand both hebrew and aramaic is definitely needed. Traditionally it was 40+ married with children, emotionally and psychologically stable and chosen by an established teacher.

In the 1600s these were reduced per Rabbi Moses Cordovero to 20 and individual study was permitted. In the late 1800s Chassidus was deemed to be appropriate for any and all, as a higher-level application of kabbalah that has no negative side-effects.

Solution

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Thank you for that Ziran.

Do you agree with this?

Carl Jung maintained that age 42 was the time to be ready for a mission in life.

• 14 to control emotions
  • 21 to control mental
  • 28 to control heart
  • 35 to control will
I have heard something like this before from a Bardon practitioner

Reaction score
Awards

This makes sense. In essence, theory and practice, you know then the entire Old Testament through study of the Torah (the five books of Mosheh or Moses), the Tanakh (remaining books in original order), and the Talmud (rabbinical arguments and discussions on the Laws).
Through study of the Sephers, the mystical books You've mentioned, you start to learn the higher knowledge.
Post automatically merged:

• 14 to control emotions
  • 21 to control mental
  • 28 to control heart
  • 35 to control will
This also makes sense and was why I originally stated the minimum age to enter Qabalah was in the persons 40s. By then your ducks have been in a row, you can ignore.most of the mundane matters to pursue the spiritual aims.