• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What are your views on hell?

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Personally, I've heard many perspectives on the subject of hell. However, my personal belief on it comes from a book called The Diabolicon. The gist is pretty much that it is basically what you make it to be and that since it is away from god you must make peace in the chaos by yourself. This is pretty much Chaos magick when you think about it knowing that it pretty much makes hell what you believe it is.

Robert Ramsay

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Since I don't believe in an afterlife, wouldn't that invoke the Liar's Paradox for me?

a3ct

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Hell, as commonly understood today, is likely a human-constructed belief rather than an inherent spiritual concept. This idea evolved over time, influenced by various cultural and religious traditions, particularly Christianity. Earlier spiritual beliefs often viewed the afterlife differently, focusing more on concepts like spiritual cleansing or a neutral underworld. The notion of hell as a place of eternal punishment seems to be a later development, shaped by human interpretations of religious texts and philosophical ideas about justice and morality.

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Hell, as commonly understood today, is likely a human-constructed belief rather than an inherent spiritual concept. This idea evolved over time, influenced by various cultural and religious traditions, particularly Christianity. Earlier spiritual beliefs often viewed the afterlife differently, focusing more on concepts like spiritual cleansing or a neutral underworld. The notion of hell as a place of eternal punishment seems to be a later development, shaped by human interpretations of religious texts and philosophical ideas about justice and morality.
Quite an interesting perspective. Personally, as a Satanic practitioner I don't believe in "eternal punishment" or a "lake of fire" I believe hell was created by Lucifer specifically so we could have a choice to be away from god peacefully
Post automatically merged:

I believe in the existence of a spiritual realm, not the existence of heaven and hell.
Personally, I believe in them but that Heaven is pretty much just being brainwashed into slavery for eternity

I say "personally" wayyyyy too much

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Hell? Touchy-feely, PC Austin, Texas in August. Only the AC is busted and broke. On the East side of Guadalupe Ave., there blares 70's soft rock; on the West, hip-hop...

As can be seen, Hell is highly personalized. Instead of asking how eternity might go wrong for me, I prefer exerting myself to make it go right. Which seems the point of your Diabolicon there.

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Hell? Touchy-feely, PC Austin, Texas in August. Only the AC is busted and broke. On the East side of Guadalupe Ave., there blares 70's soft rock; on the West, hip-hop...

As can be seen, Hell is highly personalized. Instead of asking how eternity might go wrong for me, I prefer exerting myself to make it go right. Which seems the point of your Diabolicon there.
Well said, you got my point exactly

Mannimarco

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
As far as I know, if you believe in heaven and hell, you will experience what you think you "deserve". The stronger your belief, the more intense/the longer the experience. Now i haven't actually contacted any ancestors in the christian hell, so i am extrapolating from the experience of the ancestors i have contacted. I have contacted groups of my ancestors in both the christian heaven and norse Hel. Many christians belief in hell is waaaay stronger than their belief in heaven, so it would seem virtually guaranteed that it's possible to go there in the afterlife. I don't think it existed before christianity created it, though.

Interestingly, according to my understanding, Robert may actually get the afterlife of nothingness he believes in, at least for a time.

Celestia

Neophyte
Reaction score
In breaking duality, I understand that there is no dualistic reality of a fiery lake when you die, and a cloudy heaven that you get to just from opening doors for old ladies enough times, going to church, and being nice to people. If only it were that simple.

Modern Christians were sold a lie.

There is a judgement, there is a heaven and a hell, but they are relative. Based on your performance review, you get placed somewhere next. Could be more "heavenly" could be a downgrade, into more of a "hell". Coming from being a human being, living in air conditioned and heated homes, and every other luxury...being a cockroach might be pretty hellish.

But then, ascending to a hawk in the following life might be heaven, relatively.

Relative to where we are headed, this is argued to be a lower realm, even for the humans. My opinion is without a doubt that we are essentially within a relative "hell" right now, and not every moment of it is always awful, but our job is to pay the karma into the next stage and create it. We have a short time left to go. We're almost there. But darkness always is at its darkest just before the light.

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Interestingly, according to my understanding, Robert may actually get the afterlife of nothingness he believes in, at least for a time.
Which is confusing because time works differently there

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
At best it's an Allegory like much of the Bible. At worst it's a scare tactic.

I don't really think it's a place though and even if it has been created from collective fear, I can't see it having the power to contain you against your will.

I don't really believe in the afterlife anyway in the Heaven/Hell type of sense.

Though for a time nothingness might be quite nice as opposed to reincarnating for the 64th million time.

Robert Ramsay

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Either that or you might just cease to exist
I'm pretty sure I'll just cease to exist :)

The brain stays conscious for about ten seconds after the oxygen supply is cut off :D

Last edited:

Mannimarco

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Which is confusing because time works differently there
When I say for a time, I don't mean a fixed amount of linear time. More like until the amount of emotional energy someone has invested into their afterlife beliefs runs out, they see the limitations of those beliefs, and move on to explore other things.

IllusiveOwl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Why wait for Hell? The rich and powerful run this world, they're deceptive, hungry, and sadistic. There are folk living and running things that would qualify as outright demonic. This is Hell. Some parts are nicer than others, but for the most part the average person suffers from a sleepy life full of desire, rage, fear, and ignorance. Then you randomly come across a Demon who decides to throw you in his trunk and take you somewhere to boil you in oil. Sure some people have loved ones and can experience a kind of joy here, but that just makes it easier to torture and corrupt ya 🦉

Things are significantly better on Earth now than they used to because of technology and a distribution of power among the Bougiouse, in the time just before Confuscious when power was held by warlords boiling human soup was in vouge, but all it would take for stuff to go back to that is a lapse in tech and luxury.

It's Eternal too if you believe in reincarnation, an Endless Hell you get born in over and over again, with your hard drive wiped clean. Some parts of Earth are worse than others, just like some parts of Dante's Hell, I think that may be what he was trying to express.

Mannimarco

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I'm pretty sure I'll just cease to exist :)

The brain stays conscious for about ten seconds after the oxygen supply is cut off :D
Hey, whatever makes you happy.

Time will tell what is possible, and what is not. Until time tells, I'll be devoting my afterlife related thoughts and feelings to creating an eternity in paradise, surrounded by a harem of adoring nymphomaniacs. 😀

(And endless growth of knowledge and power)

Celestia

Neophyte
Reaction score
Why wait for Hell? The rich and powerful run this world, they're deceptive, hungry, and sadistic. There are folk living and running things that would qualify as outright demonic. This is Hell. Some parts are nicer than others, but for the most part the average person suffers from a sleepy life full of desire, rage, fear, and ignorance. Then you randomly come across a Demon who decides to throw you in his trunk and take you somewhere to boil you in oil. Sure some people have loved ones and can experience a kind of joy here, but that just makes it easier to torture and corrupt ya 🦉
I agree. It's important to remember that the inner creates the outer. When we claim that those currently holding the reigns determine our fate, we put on our own chains, and walk into our own cage. Believing we are stuck, makes us more stuck. The more we struggle in the quicksand, the deeper it takes us. The body and it's emotions feel stuck, the dis-empowering programs of the subconscious mind are solidified, and we continue in giving up our free will and creating our own cage.

Is this the spell? The spell of hell?

For thousands upon thousands of years ancient peoples called these mechanisms magick. Now science and psychology is unveiling how some of it works.

One thing's for sure. Those in power don't tell themselves "I'm stuck, they're in control." as their daily affirmation. They feel freedom. They create freedom (at least, for themselves). They program their own minds with affirmations of what they chart their destiny with. They tell themselves they will be free, they will create this, they will create that. They were able to harness the mechanisms that allowed them live the power that they live. The beauty of the universe is that we all can, if we can figure it out.

I'm still figuring it out, though, so I'll get back to you. :LOL:

The subconscious mind is incredibly and almost impossible to de/reprogram the older you get. As an evolutionary mechanism, it tries to keep doing the same things over and over. It figures, "we got this far and we're not dead, so lets not change anything". But then we never evolve beyond old, caveman, fear-based survival mechanisms in our mind.

That's what some of the fellas at the top figured out. Of course, they had help. Probably helps to have a wealthy lineage and all that. But they didn't start there.

Aeternus

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Personally, I've heard many perspectives on the subject of hell. However, my personal belief on it comes from a book called The Diabolicon. The gist is pretty much that it is basically what you make it to be and that since it is away from god you must make peace in the chaos by yourself. This is pretty much Chaos magick when you think about it knowing that it pretty much makes hell what you believe it is.
My views on Hell are quite complex, but I will detail my views in a more specific manner.

I believe Hell is a very dark and chaotic spiritual realm and, I must say that I kinda resonate with the Diabolicon. You need to make some kind of "peace" with the Chaos.

I have astrally projected to both Heaven and Hell, and unlike Heaven, as I expected, Hell is a much darker place filled with a lot of Demonic energy, some more tolerable (like of Lucifer's), or not that tolerable (such as Satan's). The thing is that I also believe Hell as a place for a more strange way of personal development, like dealing with darkness and dark thoughts, and then, like the Phoenix, regenerate in a new spiritual light after your fall into a little, but necessary amount of darkness.

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
My views on Hell are quite complex, but I will detail my views in a more specific manner.

I believe Hell is a very dark and chaotic spiritual realm and, I must say that I kinda resonate with the Diabolicon. You need to make some kind of "peace" with the Chaos.

I have astrally projected to both Heaven and Hell, and unlike Heaven, as I expected, Hell is a much darker place filled with a lot of Demonic energy, some more tolerable (like of Lucifer's), or not that tolerable (such as Satan's). The thing is that I also believe Hell as a place for a more strange way of personal development, like dealing with darkness and dark thoughts, and then, like the Phoenix, regenerate in a new spiritual light after your fall into a little, but necessary amount of darkness.
This is a very agreeable concept. Although, I still have quite a bit of trouble projecting. (I've never done it successfully)

Aeternus

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
This is a very agreeable concept. Although, I still have quite a bit of trouble projecting. (I've never done it successfully)
There are various exercises on YouTube and also certain really good books related to it.

You can also read the book by Gene Heart - Beyond Dreaming - An in-depth guide on How to Astral project & Have Out of Body experiences. We have it here in the library