• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Recommendation What Books Do You Know Of On The Nature Of Tuplas & How To Create/Manifest Them?

Seeking or giving recommendations for books.

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
As the thread title states, do you have any recommendations.

The older the better but I'll check out anything.

Brixgh

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
You mean Tulpa I guess. :) there's a typo in the headline.

Tulpa Creation Guide by E Steinbach

The Adventures of A Modern Occultist by Oliver Bland 1920

Egregores by Mark Stavish James Wasserman

I recommend beginning with "Egregores" to have a good understanding of the subject. Then you may proceed as you like; with caution as always

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
You mean Tulpa I guess. :) there's a typo in the headline.

Tulpa Creation Guide by E Steinbach

The Adventures of A Modern Occultist by Oliver Bland 1920

Egregores by Mark Stavish James Wasserman

I recommend beginning with "Egregores" to have a good understanding of the subject. Then you may proceed as you like; with caution as always
Lol I only just realized, well I was rushing to create this thread before I went to sleep.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
The Newkirk‘s (same couple that did Hellier) is doing an experiment related to egregors on their Traveling Museum Patreon called the haunted ramen experiment. It’s meant to be fun and goofy while testing the fact that we sometimes create these entities ourselves. Can’t help with book recs tho.

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
Thank you for the advice, I'll definitely read it first, already downloaded it.

May I ask why do you trust the writings of Mark Stavish and James Wasserman?

Was it recommended by a trusted source or did you personally verify its usefulness?

The book (Egregores) seems to have been published in 2018. All modern information isn't by default "watered down" or "fake", but the more recent the material is the more I doubt it's veracity at first glance.

If I saw an occult book published in 2021 I'd just laugh and not even give it a 2nd look, ironically that book may actually contain legitimate info, but it's hard to really trust anything modern when it comes to the occult in this age of charlatans and frauds trying to make a quick buck off of those desperate for that kind of knowledge.

Magic isn't really something I expect to be taken seriously in the modern age, so I always doubt modern sources a bit. (I'll still read it, I'd just like to know what you recommend it)

The Newkirk‘s (same couple that did Hellier) is doing an experiment related to egregors on their Traveling Museum Patreon called the haunted ramen experiment. It’s meant to be fun and goofy while testing the fact that we sometimes create these entities ourselves. Can’t help with book recs tho.
Thanks for the tip I guess, but this just sounds like the "larp magicians" I was talking about in my first thread on this site, the people I'm trying to avoid lol. Where magic is a "fun pastime" for them and they don't care about the results, they just care about "the experience".

If nothing happens their attitude would be - "oh well, it was still fun".

Why would I take anyone like that seriously.

They don't sound serious, so I won't even bother checking that out.

I would much prefer books, and the people you just mentioned is exactly why I'd prefer older material. People in the past took magic much more seriously than people in the present.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
Why would I take anyone like that seriously.
Whether you like them or not, they and a bunch of their Patreon members are actually doing an experiment, which I’m guessing is probably more then 90% of the people who will respond here. They are goofy sometimes, but I wouldn’t say they don’t take it seriously. If human beings are able to create thought forms, this seems to be a fine way to test the theory with a reduced risk of anyone actually getting hurt. Anyways, I just thought it was interesting that a group of people were literally trying to create an egregor, in a fun and accessible way (which in itself will piss some people off, because SECRETS).

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
Whether you like them or not, they and a bunch of their Patreon members are actually doing an experiment, which I’m guessing is probably more then 90% of the people who will respond here. They are goofy sometimes, but I wouldn’t say they don’t take it seriously. If human beings are able to create thought forms, this seems to be a fine way to test the theory with a reduced risk of anyone actually getting hurt. Anyways, I just thought it was interesting that a group of people were literally trying to create an egregor, in a fun and accessible way (which in itself will piss some people off, because SECRETS).
I think I'm going to need something that is closer to the source anyways, I did some searching and it turned out well

On my search I had some good finds:

1. There's the Tibetan Book Of The Dead translated by Evans-Wentz in 1927 (it mentions tulpas "thoughtforms")

2. There's the theosophical writings of Annie Besant published in 1905 called "Thought-forms"

(Weirdly enough, everything I want to look into finds it way back to Theosophy and Eastern occultism. I've already downloaded all of HP Blavatskys writings, I guess I'll start reading those at some point)

3. I found a useful but very slow downloading torrent with an entire section on Eastern & particularly Tibetan writings

4. Also a torrent on sigil magic that weirdly enough matches up with something I read on the first page in Annie Besants book (so I think it will go well together)

All in all it was a good haul, hopefully the torrents get seeded long enough for me to finish, some of them are slow as hell.

Brixgh

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
May I ask why do you trust the writings of Mark Stavish and James Wasserman?

Was it recommended by a trusted source or did you personally verify its usefulness?

One lead to another. Some of my friends did recommend it, and I've read it. So, I can say both.

Btw, Mark Stavish is the author of 26 books, published in 7 languages, including The Path of Alchemy and Kabbalah for Health and Wellness, he is the founder and director of the Institute for Hermetic Studies and the Louis Claude de St. Martin Fund.

The book (Egregores) seems to have been published in 2018. All modern information isn't by default "watered down" or "fake", but the more recent the material is the more I doubt it's veracity at first glance.

I do not agree. But do whatever you like. :)

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
I do not agree. But do whatever you like. :)
I said that modern information ISN'T by default "watered down" or "fake" (in other words, it probably is accurate), but I personally don't trust it as much as the older books.

Either way, these new books are usually just people parroting the same information from older books and repackaging it for the modern era. So I'd much rather read the sources they read from, than read their interpretation of those sources.

I'm still going to check the book because you recommended it and you gave good reasoning. Maybe they'll actually mention their sources inside and I can check those out too.

Brixgh

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I said that modern information ISN'T by default "watered down" or "fake" (in other words, it probably is accurate), but I personally don't trust it as much as the older books.
I saw what you mean and added the credentials of the writer. Not for you really, but for future readers, who may have an interest in new books too.

these new books are usually just people parroting the same information from older books and repackaging it for the modern era
This is your opinion but I may not agree; it's a kind of generalization and like all generalizations, it's not for me.

But at the end that's your path, do whatever you like, as I said before.

I will not suggest to you any book unless it's a very very old one. :)