• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

what brought you here?

Ithir

Neophyte
Reaction score
i was writing a small biography as i had to begin writing a new diary as i finished my older one.
while writing i also mentioned something about this small “hobby” of mine.
it made me wander what’s your story tho? what brought you here?
i mean, many people are generally attracted by this sort of thematics but why the left hand?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
i was writing a small biography as i had to begin writing a new diary as i finished my older one.
while writing i also mentioned something about this small “hobby” of mine.
i mean, many people are generally attracted by this sort of thematics but why the left hand?
I came into magick via social/political interests. In particular Julius Evola's and Miguel Serrano's writings. Their boats both yaw left, as it were.
I had already spent time as a practicing Buddhist (monastery and all) and briefly studied for the Christian ministry. I could see how the RHP was the root of much of the suffering it wished to relieve or avoid.

Wintruz

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
The threads that have become the currents of my initiation were with me from as far back as I can remember. You could call the sum total of these threads (and the way they've played out across my life) my Wyrd.

As I grew up, some of those threads developed, some faded into latency and I (unconsciously) attempted to understand them using the languages and symbols which I was handed by society. That meant attempting to interpret what was going on by trying to "fit" myself into universal ideas (as opposed to tribal or individual ideas). I converted to Greek Orthodoxy as a young teenager and had many unitive, "mystical" experiences, probably because the energy that would later propel me down the Left Hand Path was being sublimated. It "worked" for a while and I do look back on that time as one of innocence.

But, as my grandmother would say, "what is there will out"; Wyrd cannot be denied, it will either have its way or you'll go mad trying to stop it from having its way. The seams, slowly, started to come apart. In my mid-teens, I turned to modern witchcraft, another universal system albeit one which in a very "safe", timid way honoured the Need for initiation. I spent a couple of years straddling Orthodoxy and witchcraft but I realised that I was driven to go much, much further than Orthodoxy would permit and than witchcraft seemed to be interested in.

As I reached eighteen, my desire to Become was so strong, it was almost physically painful. A few days after my eighteenth birthday, I attended an evening of "evaluation" at a (well regarded) Rosicrucian lodge. I nearly gave up all hope on human life. I found a group of much older people who did have some theoretical knowledge of classical occultism and who were comfortable in life but whose smallness (manifested in endless petty infighting, spoiled behaviour and mistrust of/fear of/inability to deal with strength) not only prevented them from becoming "adepts" (meaning their titles weren't worth the paper they were printed on) but, actually, left them worse off than any average person you'd encounter on the street. For reasons that seemed clear to me at the time, I stayed with that lodge for a few months until the order's "Supreme Magus" visited one evening. Looking at it's greatest "success", I realised that this group had nothing to offer me and the authorities who recommended it weren't worth listening to either. I wondered what else in "the occult" hadn't been worth listening to.

It's hard to explain how desperately strong was my desire to Become at that time; I had been the responsible, calm schoolboy but my ability to even hold myself together to function day to day was becoming strained. That, coupled with my Rosicrucian disappointment, came to a head the evening of the Supreme Magus' visit. I went home and, across a night of incredible psychological turmoil and fear, I reasoned with myself "You're trying to cure your deepest dis-ease with too weak a medicine. You need to go to the extremes. Yes, it's frightening and confusing but you cannot stay in this place and, if it goes wrong, you'll have to learn to swim fast. Come on now; one last roll of the dice". In the early hours of the morning, I emailed a very, very well known Left Hand Path group, fell to sleep and had a vivid dream where I saw my Future Self as a black-robed Adept.

I had a reply from the LHP school and, two weeks later, across a Sunday afternoon, I met their representative. I went along to that meeting expecting the worst. Instead, I met a Master. A very powerful exchange of energies occurred in that meeting and that was the start of my turn to the Left Hand Path. Apropos your question on "why" the Left Hand Path; that Master told me the old tantric adage: "those best suited to the Left Hand Path rarely go near it, those least suited to it pursue it with gusto". The implication was that my having to reach a point of desperation before even contemplating the LHP was a good sign. I joined the school and those teachings, fuelled by my desire, caused rapid progress. The human dimension still needed tending to though and a large amount of work has had to go into healing myself of traumas, challenging myself, trying out different forms of magic, (re-)educating myself, etc. After a few years, internal dramas would occur in that school too (in fairness, at least these weren't petty dramas) which led to mass expulsions/resignations and new pastures for me, but still refining and perfecting the threads that I had learnt were the real source of magic and change.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
"Those best suited to the Left Hand Path rarely go near it, those least suited to it pursue it with gusto".

Sobering insight there. One borne out by any attempt to wade through a vast many LHP books.

MrMelnibone

Visitor
Reaction score
I got my start in the occult learning about Satanism and stuff considered Left Hand Path is just what I find the most interest in. I do at least read more classical sources and I did briefly have a time where Thelema interested me

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I got my start in the occult learning about Satanism and stuff considered Left Hand Path is just what I find the most interest in. I do at least read more classical sources and I did briefly have a time where Thelema interested me
What variety of Satanism?

MrMelnibone

Visitor
Reaction score
What variety of Satanism?
I learned about Anticosmic Satanism after I actually learned people worship Satan, but that belief system isn't really for me. I also have friends who have their own personal Satanist beliefs, usually involving Demonolatry.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
im left handed in the physical. it didnt even feel special or something, until i met a 'doctor' who still was of the believe that lefthandedness is wrong. spells to balance out the left hemisphere of the body made several sick. i remembered a girl in school of whom they tied her left hand to her back. that was nice. ive never been so angry at those spirits. when the anger subsided i understood they got sent to 'help' and drove my rage up the hill.

natural satanist in the anticosmic lane and proud of it.

Reaction score
i’ve always been a bit of a black sheep aroujd my family and peers; came from a disjointed union between a lapsed catholic and a devout atheist from fundie protestant family (surprisingly it wasn’t religion that my parents fought about, they were just fundamentally incompatible with each other).

i got into the occult when i was 14, opting for the Joy of Satan-style of Satanism; very much pushed into the weird neo nazi pipeline even as a contrarian, self hating trans person. then, i found traditional demonolatry and Temple Of Ascending Flame at 17-18 years old. TOAF gave me the push i needed to get out of the pipeline.

at 19, i left the LHP temporarily to pursue folk catholic based magic; and made a return to the Draconian Tradition to continue my path of personal growth and self empowerment in 2023.

JGVDRG

Neophyte
Reaction score
Beware the text wall.
The philosophy of the Left Hand Path lead me to have interest in it. Particularly, following the principle of individuation by Carl Jung, the process of deification of the Self, proclaimed at least in some Michael Ford's books, seemed extremely interesting. But I have several, several questions about the LHP and it's main ramifications. Maybe I'm getting it all wrong. I feel that is something out there, but maybe I'm too stupid to see it, so any help would be appreciated.
There's a lot of material on the practical magick surrounding it, but unfortunately for me, little to no theoretic explanation on how evoking certain demons or making certain rituals could help you achieve that. Explanations...
On breaking rules and limitations, rising yourself over the point you were supposed to accept.
On turning yourself into a (more) self sufficient, capable, rich, powerful, thriving, creative, intelligent human. On how dealing with the adversarial part of magic would do anything more than dealing with this awful human world already does. I understand that everything surrounding the biblical Creator and humanity revolves around being forced to work and grind among the beasts, being sub and grateful for the manure you have to eat, so naturally, I would make opposition to this. But the Adversary does not feel like some liberator, but another A-hole wanting to enslave me in another way. So...what is the point? I mean, the point of it is the shortcut to divinity, isn't it?
Honestly, evoking or invoking entities, casting curses and organizing complex rituals (with very suspicious and vague conotations), doesn't seem to produce the slightest benefit, on the contrary.
I understand that the profile of someone who seeks the LHP is someone who wants to do some real damage. If I'd wanted to DO something in this world it would be to make myself rich and not having to worry about silly material matters, but I know this does not exist. All of the black magicians I know are miserable and stagnated.
By someone who's still scratching the surface of it: I think that the LHP movement revolves too much around in the dark deeds and symbolisms and little about the actual process of transformation. I've been filtered, I guess, because my interest is in actively dwelling in my own darkness and taking the hidden light out of it, to know the truth, not giving myself to demonic infestation because I hate someone and want to screw them. In the end, LHP is too much about practice and too little about principles and the WHY's of the process.
I'm talking, of course, about the movement as I perceived it. I'm still interested in a more philosophical and theoretical approach to it. I know it sounds incredibly arrogant, but although I find the powers of darkness incredibly fascinating, I still need to be "convinced" on the purpose of most of these practices. If I'm searching ultimate individuality and deification, why the hell would I choose to bind myself to some exploiting collective consciousness? I'm yet to see what I'd get from that, but can imagine infinite possibilities for me to get seriously screwed doing it. Not wanting to take a "leap of faith" onto infernal egregores for something I don't even actually know. How one could find truth in some tradition that, seemingly, aims to trap you into some cicle?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Beware the text wall.
The philosophy of the Left Hand Path lead me to have interest in it. Particularly, following the principle of individuation by Carl Jung, the process of deification of the Self, proclaimed at least in some Michael Ford's books, seemed extremely interesting. But I have several, several questions about the LHP and it's main ramifications. Maybe I'm getting it all wrong. I feel that is something out there, but maybe I'm too stupid to see it, so any help would be appreciated.
There's a lot of material on the practical magick surrounding it, but unfortunately for me, little to no theoretic explanation on how evoking certain demons or making certain rituals could help you achieve that. Explanations...
On breaking rules and limitations, rising yourself over the point you were supposed to accept.
On turning yourself into a (more) self sufficient, capable, rich, powerful, thriving, creative, intelligent human. On how dealing with the adversarial part of magic would do anything more than dealing with this awful human world already does. I understand that everything surrounding the biblical Creator and humanity revolves around being forced to work and grind among the beasts, being sub and grateful for the manure you have to eat, so naturally, I would make opposition to this. But the Adversary does not feel like some liberator, but another A-hole wanting to enslave me in another way. So...what is the point? I mean, the point of it is the shortcut to divinity, isn't it?
Honestly, evoking or invoking entities, casting curses and organizing complex rituals (with very suspicious and vague conotations), doesn't seem to produce the slightest benefit, on the contrary.
I understand that the profile of someone who seeks the LHP is someone who wants to do some real damage. If I'd wanted to DO something in this world it would be to make myself rich and not having to worry about silly material matters, but I know this does not exist. All of the black magicians I know are miserable and stagnated.
By someone who's still scratching the surface of it: I think that the LHP movement revolves too much around in the dark deeds and symbolisms and little about the actual process of transformation. I've been filtered, I guess, because my interest is in actively dwelling in my own darkness and taking the hidden light out of it, to know the truth, not giving myself to demonic infestation because I hate someone and want to screw them. In the end, LHP is too much about practice and too little about principles and the WHY's of the process.
I'm talking, of course, about the movement as I perceived it. I'm still interested in a more philosophical and theoretical approach to it. I know it sounds incredibly arrogant, but although I find the powers of darkness incredibly fascinating, I still need to be "convinced" on the purpose of most of these practices. If I'm searching ultimate individuality and deification, why the hell would I choose to bind myself to some exploiting collective consciousness? I'm yet to see what I'd get from that, but can imagine infinite possibilities for me to get seriously screwed doing it. Not wanting to take a "leap of faith" onto infernal egregores for something I don't even actually know. How one could find truth in some tradition that, seemingly, aims to trap you into some cicle?
All good objections. The LHP does tend to attract adolescents of all ages who have never gotten much past a neurotic propensity for whatever pisses off mom/dad, the teachers, the preachers &c &c. (Just as the RHP tends to attract closet Nazarenes, overt and latent.) What can one say? With magick as with golf: duffers outnumber the adept. I have satisfied myself there are admirable mage out there on this path. Go with them. Or do not and wend whither whim will.

Shaman

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I was likely pressured in to it by my spirit companion. It just started with me being spiritual and then watching tarot videos on youtube. Eventually I did a deep dive in to the LHP and here I am.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I am neither Left nor Right. However, I was a Satanist and then a Luciferian due to my encounter with Lucifer. So basically, my Spirituality began with Him/Her.

JGVDRG

Neophyte
Reaction score
All good objections. The LHP does tend to attract adolescents of all ages who have never gotten much past a neurotic propensity for whatever pisses off mom/dad, the teachers, the preachers &c &c. (Just as the RHP tends to attract closet Nazarenes, overt and latent.) What can one say? With magick as with golf: duffers outnumber the adept. I have satisfied myself there are admirable mage out there on this path. Go with them. Or do not and wend whither whim will.
Yes, was one of those myself, but traveled rather different paths than this. Black metal head and such, but materialistic. Then went RHP for some time on a gateway cult to ayahuasca rituals, then found my path to the LHP (at least on what my soul recognized, deeply infernal and dense structures). Anyway, do not want to be a duffer. But my will is in fact whimsical and "difficult".
I have satisfied myself there are admirable mage out there on this path.
I live nowhere, have only access to books. If you can recommend some readings, I would be most grateful.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Yes, was one of those myself, but traveled rather different paths than this. Black metal head and such, but materialistic. Then went RHP for some time on a gateway cult to ayahuasca rituals, then found my path to the LHP (at least on what my soul recognized, deeply infernal and dense structures). Anyway, do not want to be a duffer. But my will is in fact whimsical and "difficult".

I live nowhere, have only access to books. If you can recommend some readings, I would be most grateful.
Most wills are that way. Mine own might be accurately described as a cold-forged, damascened, tungsten-carbon Cheezy-Poof. (Cartman's beloved snack.)

JGVDRG

Neophyte
Reaction score
Was that fruitful?
Yes. It was in fact crucial for my development. I mean, 4 years consecrating ayahuasca every weekend in your early 20s will leave some marks anyway. I was extremely sensitive all the time about everything and absorbed the essence of everything I focused on. Ayahuasca basically introduced me to Jungian literature and many many other types of knowledge. The backfire was that, although I was in the heights constantly, grasping this world's things became VERY difficult and painful. I've literally lost everything (house, job, automobile, friendships) and had to rebuild my life and my career from scratch.