• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What Cheese For Them Sandwiches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I sojourn in China, the Land Cheese Forgot. I pine for Brie, would give my eyes for Muenster. Maybe would even take nibble of what a local called "Katzenatem-Kaese" at a Huerigen in Duernstein long ago. (This last did live down to its nauseating name when it came to odor.)

Name your favorite cheesy comestibles and never mind the mazookey-player.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Can you type in English, please. Google translate doesn't have a 'retard' option.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Can you type in English, please. Google translate doesn't have a 'retard' option.
The strange language (comestibles and mazookey) was plagiarized from Monty Python's cheese shop skit. The one apparently means food; the other a hard to account for coinage referring to a zither (which was playing in the skit's background. ) The troupe seems to have confounded the mazurka dance with the instrument playing the music. The German means "cat's breath cheese," which is what the stuff smelled like. My profoundest apologies in a spirit of most contrite linguainmaxillamitude.*

(Which being translated from the Latin sayeth tongue-in-cheek-itude.)

Status
Not open for further replies.